Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently have Covid. Don't enjoy work at all at the moment and am applying for jobs.

Should I start to feel better tomorrow is it bad if I just take the rest of the week off?

Do it. Sick leave doesn't get paid out when you leave a company, and covid affects everyone differently.

Do it. Sick leave doesn't get paid out when you leave a company, and covid affects everyone differently.
Yeah, well aware about the SL lol. Got 30 days.

Just feel for my team. My TL and another colleague finish tomorrow and the National Manager, who we will be reporting to temporarily until the TL is replaced is an absolute thundercoont.

I have too much of a guilty conscience but on the flipside, I don't really owe them anything and I have bloody earnt that sick leave too.

Just feel for my team. My TL and another colleague finish tomorrow and the National Manager, who we will be reporting to temporarily until the TL is replaced is an absolute thundercoont.

I have too much of a guilty conscience but on the flipside, I don't really owe them anything and I have bloody earnt that sick leave too.

Sounds like a company problem rather than your problem. Taking the time off to rest up, even if you otherwise feel pretty good, means you'll be fresh and ready to go when you get back into the office rather than working through it and being less productive. You don't want to hand back 30 days sick leave whne you finish up and jump straight into a new role.

Do it. They won't care for you or keep in contact once you do go

Unless you work for some small company/family business you have a personal connection to you should take as long as you are entitled. They would get rid of you in a heartbeat if needed and your team should think the same. If you aren't there does your team have to work extra unpaid hours to make up the difference?

Unless you work for some small company/family business you have a personal connection to you should take as long as you are entitled. They would get rid of you in a heartbeat if needed and your team should think the same. If you aren't there does your team have to work extra unpaid hours to make up the difference?
Nah, decent sized company. They did a lot for me when they found out my dad was sick, but I have more than paid them back for that. Pretty much all of 2020 I was doing around 5 hours unpaid work a week.

Nah, they don't have to.

Another person resigned today too. The National Manager must be up to her eyeballs in stress. Brilliant.

If I get COVID, I'm taking the week, even if it's just resting up and watching TV. I just think of all the times I dragged myself off the death bed to work when I had a different management role, because there was never enough staff or resources.
Me too. I havent had a day off since this thing began. No lockdown impacts as i worker from home already since 2012.
I envied in some respects those who had time off to watch tv and rest. Obviously feel for those unwell or who lost jobs dont get me wrong

Nah, decent sized company. They did a lot for me when they found out my dad was sick, but I have more than paid them back for that. Pretty much all of 2020 I was doing around 5 hours unpaid work a week.

Nah, they don't have to.

Another person resigned today too. The National Manager must be up to her eyeballs in stress. Brilliant.

Yeah I wouldn't worry then. I've been in the same situation where I thought I was integral and I didn't matter at all, you really only learn that lesson once and you start to realise you need to do what's best for you. And now is the perfect time to change jobs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hear hear regarding big business.

I work for a global company for 17 years and we have a saying "give them nothing, take everything" because we're just a number to them and would screw us in a heart beat.

Yeah I wouldn't worry then. I've been in the same situation where I thought I was integral and I didn't matter at all, you really only learn that lesson once and you start to realise you need to do what's best for you. And now is the perfect time to change jobs.
Yeah, I just feel for my colleagues, spoke to a mate I am close with him in the team and he said he would do the same thing as me. Prior to April 26th (when I took carer's leave), my last sick day was September last year.

I am over this place now, I am gonna just start doing the minimum of what is expected of me and not anything more.

My TL finishes tomorrow, as does another colleague. Someone else resigned too.

In the space of less than 2 weeks my team will halve in size. National Manager will be shitting herself considering she only got trained on how to do what we do this week by the TL.

Hopefully I am next out the door because I am so done.

Yeah, I just feel for my colleagues, spoke to a mate I am close with him in the team and he said he would do the same thing as me. Prior to April 26th (when I took carer's leave), my last sick day was September last year.

I am over this place now, I am gonna just start doing the minimum of what is expected of me and not anything more.

My TL finishes tomorrow, as does another colleague. Someone else resigned too.

In the space of less than 2 weeks my team will halve in size. National Manager will be shitting herself considering she only got trained on how to do what we do this week by the TL.

Hopefully I am next out the door because I am so done.
To be frank your bosses workload is not your problem. As someone who has just started a new job, where I was brought in to do a specific task, I am quickly realising that I wasn't told anything close to the truth and in all likelihood will have to walk away shortly. As someone who hates starting a new job that annoys me but I am at a point now where I know when something is beyond help (without it being ridiculous money to stay and cop a thousand lashes on the way).

If you're in anything customer service related you'll be sweet bruv, you seem switched on and there'll be tonnes for you to choose from I reckon.

To be frank your bosses workload is not your problem. As someone who has just started a new job, where I was brought in to do a specific task, I am quickly realising that I wasn't told anything close to the truth and in all likelihood will have to walk away shortly. As someone who hates starting a new job that annoys me but I am at a point now where I know when something is beyond help (without it being ridiculous money to stay and cop a thousand lashes on the way).

If you're in anything customer service related you'll be sweet bruv, you seem switched on and there'll be tonnes for you to choose from I reckon.
Oh, the National Manager is an absolute cow. I am relishing that she is going to up to her eyeballs in stress.

Sucks mate, hope you find something again soon.

Yeah, I am looking for admin/processing related things. My resume is solid and I interview well. Just need an interview or two now and hopefully can capitalise! Have applied for three jobs and got another two I am looking at applying for too.

Oh, the National Manager is an absolute cow. I am relishing that she is going to up to her eyeballs in stress.

Sucks mate, hope you find something again soon.

Yeah, I am looking for admin/processing related things. My resume is solid and I interview well. Just need an interview or two now and hopefully can capitalise! Have applied for three jobs and got another two I am looking at applying for too.
A friend of mine is a team leader at a call centre and gets paid astoundingly well considering they have no formal qualifications. I think experience trumps a lot of qualifications in those things.

If I get COVID, I'm taking the week, even if it's just resting up and watching TV. I just think of all the times I dragged myself off the death bed to work when I had a different management role, because there was never enough staff or resources.
Lad

We're finally at a point where it's not called weak or soft to miss work so you don't infect a bunch of people.

it makes no sense to me that sick leave doesnt get paid out when you leave a job - so damn straight i will routinely use it when it suits me

when i got made redundant at my last job, i lost 6 months of sick leave, should get paid out for half of that at least

Me too. I havent had a day off since this thing began. No lockdown impacts as i worker from home already since 2012.
I envied in some respects those who had time off to watch tv and rest. Obviously feel for those unwell or who lost jobs dont get me wrong

If I get it and it's bad, I'm not working a second.

If I get it and it's mild, I'm taking the week to watch TV and play video games etc. and will do a token bit of work here and there so everyone thinks I'm a superstar for pitching in on death's door.

A friend of mine is a team leader at a call centre and gets paid astoundingly well considering they have no formal qualifications. I think experience trumps a lot of qualifications in those things.
Yeah I have tried to apply for jobs in my reach, maybe a few tasks in the PD might not be what I can do currently, but like you said, experience is so heavily weighted.
it makes no sense to me that sick leave doesnt get paid out when you leave a job - so damn straight i will routinely use it when it suits me
when i got made redundant at my last job, i lost 6 months of sick leave, should get paid out for half of that at least
Our older workers are in a scheme that they get paided out 1000hours of sick leave.

That scheme stopped in the early 2000s.
Yeah I was talking to my manager about this (she has 40 sick days) and we thought it would be good to be able to trade your SL for like half your AL. Or cash it in or something. Companies would make millions with workers coming to work when they're not 100% rather than using a sick day.

So if you had 5 sick days, you can get 2.5 annual days. Will never happen, but we all earn our SL, why should it not be paid out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back