Expansion More Dirty Tactics by the NRL

Remove this Banner Ad

A note to all those trolls here - this thread was started with that provocative title by yet another troll, in another desperate (and dirty) attempt to try and slander supporters of our Australian game. Yet even when exposed, follow up troll posts persisted to try and put pin the blame on Australian Footballer supporters :confused:

This also ignores the basic fact that this is an AFL forum, so Australian Footballer supporters can say what we like.

Rugby trolls can say whatever nasty paranoid things they like about he AFL on their own forums - I don't give a stuff what rubbish they write their own sites, and can't think of a single reason to "go over" and find out.

Still, its a compliment to our great Australian game that its expansion forum attracts so many fearful trolls. Far, far better than no reaction at all. Shows our great indigenous game is on the right track! :thumbsu:

Four trolls out of the four million or so rugby league fans in Australia. I think you are over-estimating the significance of them.

Whether its an AFL forum, or rugby league forum, or general sport forum, this "my game is bigger than yours" is so boring. It is equally boring listening to AFL fans say this is an AFL forum so it is ok to say "my game is bigger than yours."

The "my game will be bigger than yours in ten years" is only interesting if there is some kind of reasoned argument for why it is so.

Four trolls out of the four million or so rugby league fans in Australia.

And you can hardly call them trolls either.

If you start threads like "Is Rugby league really strong in western Sydney?" I'd fully expect the experts (that's the rugby league people for the not so clever) to pass comment on it.

It's a very sad day when my fellow, and some may say somewhat more insecure Aussie Rules mates, then label them as trolls. If you start a thread like that, at least be man, or women enough to handle the inevitable backlash that will come from those who clearly know more about the subject.

AFL is expanding into Rugby league dominated areas, of that there is no doubt. As the years go on, more and more rugby league people from the very places the AFL is pushing into will visit places like BigFooty to learn and talk about Aussie Rules. I certainly hope we treat them better in the future than some of the other insular people who frequent this place do now.

And you can hardly call them trolls either.

If you start threads like "Is Rugby league really strong in western Sydney?" I'd fully expect the experts (that's the rugby league people for the not so clever) to pass comment on it.

It's a very sad day when my fellow, and some may say somewhat more insecure Aussie Rules mates, then label them as trolls. If you start a thread like that, at least be man, or women enough to handle the inevitable backlash that will come from those who clearly know more about the subject.

AFL is expanding into Rugby league dominated areas, of that there is no doubt. As the years go on, more and more rugby league people from the very places the AFL is pushing into will visit places like BigFooty to learn and talk about Aussie Rules. I certainly hope we treat them better in the future than some of the other insular people who frequent this place do now.

Which is why the powers-that-be should just ban all the trolls that come on here just to bad-mouth our code, straight off the bat.

it's easy enough to ignore/overlook statements you disagree with--even though they upset you emotionally. As for personal attacks: ummm, we're all anonomous here;)

Which is why the powers-that-be should just ban all the trolls that come on here just to bad-mouth our code, straight off the bat.

I like to see AFL fans who badmouth rugby league banned as well. This is an expansion board, and for expansion to occur, it can only be achieved by making Aussie rules appeal to people who currently follow rugby league. All you AFL fans who already have an AFL club and hate rugby league should go away and support you clubs.

I like to see AFL fans who badmouth rugby league banned as well. This is an expansion board, and for expansion to occur, it can only be achieved by making Aussie rules appeal to people who currently follow rugby league. All you AFL fans who already have an AFL club and hate rugby league should go away and support you clubs.

Rugby League trolls = retaliation.

No Rugby League trolls = harmony.

I don't think you need to do that.

I hated the game. Like a lot of people who have never had any experience of the game I thought it was just a shambles. It takes time to accept it and even longer to understand it. Fine if it's all you know, but when you've been brought up on something else it's easy to understand why people can be turned off the game.

At the end of the day, you have to allow people time to grow into it. Have a bit of patience and accept that, people will have derogatory things to say every now and then, and then just try not to get too upset about it. Get a thicker skin as it were.

Just because someone doesn't like a code, it doesn't make them a "troll"

What I find more staggering is, how bad you blokes (Australians that is) can be towards other sports. For a country with such a passion for sport, your disdain for other codes is something else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you need to do that.

I hated the game. Like a lot of people who have never had any experience of the game I thought it was just a shambles. It takes time to accept it and even longer to understand it. Fine if it's all you know, but when you've been brought up on something else it's easy to understand why people can be turned off the game.

At the end of the day, you have to allow people time to grow into it. Have a bit of patience and accept that, people will have derogatory things to say every now and then, and then just try not to get too upset about it. Get a thicker skin as it were.

Just because someone doesn't like a code, it doesn't make them a "troll"

What I find more staggering is, how bad you blokes (Australians that is) can be towards other sports. For a country with such a passion for sport, your disdain for other codes is something else.

I dont hate rugby league. Not by a long shot.

I live in Campbelltown and watch as much of it as i can. I'm a sports fan (cant stand ice hockey though).

I just hate the trolls that come on here for the sole purpose to hang shit on our code. I got nothing against posters like littleduck as they obviously do have a interest in our game. But posters like ParraEels are just here to sprout thier hatred of our game. Nothing else. And that leads to retaliation. On an AFL forum.

Take it to the league forum guys, We'll meet you in there...

Azzballz Deluxe said:
Take it to the league forum guys, We'll meet you in there...

But that's exactly the problem. "Some" topics on here directly relate to Rugby league. It's an open invitation for the exact thing we don't want. You can't have it both ways.

wtf has this to do with AFL? Parramatta Leagues also invested in Soccer with Parramatta Power earlier this decade. They lost money so didn't want to go to A-League. Panthers see the benefits of A-League so want to invest in it.

Yeah I've heard that to. Sad huh.

I love how the Soccer and RL trolls try and work as a team to attack AFL yet that get smashed from piliar to post and they keep coming back for more. Iv'e read heaps of blogs where A-league fans mock the NRL for averaging similiar crowds to them and how they are overtaking them. And NRL giving it straight back because soccer is a sport for sissy's and here they are together on a AFL forum working in tandum chewing at the ankles of the AFL, Hilarious. They never cease to amaze me with endless gameplans and angles they can work. It's scary how much time they have to waste.

MagpieMan is a Rugby League fan. Did you miss that when it was pointed out earlier?

This thread is a double-troll.

actually i'm a fan of both codes, albeit rugby league moreso, but i guess that does make me a double-troll in this neck of the woods, lol.
i've got bad news, you'll probably find more posters like me joining BF in the future with the AFL's push into inbred thugby areas, and they probably won't denounce all things thugby once they crawl out from under their rock and take an interest in the australian game :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion More Dirty Tactics by the NRL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back