Morton Goals, directed by Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes knew that Morton was very capable of getting both goals so it was good to see that he pointed to the goals
and not ask for it back which would have put him under immense pressure.

Testament to how unselfish Mr September has become.

Goodes knew that Morton was very capable of getting both goals so it was good to see that he pointed to the goals
and not ask for it back which would have put him under immense pressure.

yep you can almost see Morton's brain ticking over, esp the first time, "I really should give it back to you I guess" but Goodsey says "no son, kick a bloody goal"

It takes a very long time to unlearn such an unselfish habit but I hope Mitch works on it during the offseason as it may be detrimental to our chances of back-to-back next year if he doesn't take those speculative snaps.

Goodes is a great reader of the play and underated leader in the wider afl community,

I think he probably played a big role in morton performing his role.

Wonder how mortons career goes from here

He's established himself as a Blood, he's a premiership player and he's got the respect of the playing group and coaches now so it's his spot to lose.

Needs to improve his fitness so he can work up the ground to get a bit more of the ball, at the Tigers he was a gun at delivering the ball inside 50 and finding targets - need a bit more of that. But I gotta say the future looks bright for him as a Swan he's only 25 :)

He's established himself as a Blood, he's a premiership player and he's got the respect of the playing group and coaches now so it's his spot to lose.

Needs to improve his fitness so he can work up the ground to get a bit more of the ball, at the Tigers he was a gun at delivering the ball inside 50 and finding targets - need a bit more of that. But I gotta say the future looks bright for him as a Swan he's only 25 :)

Hope so as he has an x factor about him, i still worry about his reaction time at times though

Hope so as he has an x factor about him, i still worry about his reaction time at times though

Does seem a tad slow at times, let's put it down to playing 5 games (3 of them finals and 1 finals-like) - 2 of those as the sub - and having played 20 NEAFL games! A full pre-season under his belt i'll back him to pick it up

Does seem a tad slow at times, let's put it down to playing 5 games (3 of them finals and 1 finals-like) - 2 of those as the sub - and having played 20 NEAFL games! A full pre-season under his belt i'll back him to pick it up

Can we fit him and mcglynn in one side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be tough for spots, but McGlynn plays a bit higher than Morton and often goes through the midfield to do a job so I think he'll have to work for his spot but they should have one for him

Guess anything that increased goal kicking options, exciting times ahead

Remove this Banner Ad

Morton Goals, directed by Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back