Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Me and a mate played pool against Buckley and Willow at the Tunnel one night, nice blokes, they were gracious in defeat.

Saw Scott Wynd at the same venue, i said Gday and he told me to F off.

Saw Fev at the Royal hotel in Benalla a couple of years back, very nice bloke.

Took a photo of a mate of mine with Rockliff at the Benalla cup 2 years back, also a very nice bloke.

I once saw Matthew Lloyd and his wife in a Supermarket car park. He expertly steered the trolley through two cars.

I saw Simon Goodwin at junior basketball a few weeks back. We were in the same room as they did presentations.

I saw Matthew Bate going up the escalator at Oakleigh shopping centre. I was going down. It was after a game and I was wearing a Melbourne polo. We looked at each other. I think we got beaten that day.

I previously worked in construction and was working at Waverley Park when they were converting the stand to Hawks HQ. Saw Jason Dunstall walk through. He was employed by Hawks at the time.

Saw Heath Black at the gym I went to years ago. He was back home from Freo over off season. I spoke to him as I played juniors with him. He said he remembered me but not sure if he really did.

Saw Simon Godfrey at the Village Green Hotel. He was friends with a friend of mine. Had a brief chat.

There were many rocca sightings at northland. Worse than the greenzy boyz down at geeensborough plaza, he was

Saw the big lug at Norfies just the other day - surprised he hasn't blown up more post-career, looked in reasonable nick.

Served Shane Crawford and his missus once at Village (gold class) when I very briefly worked there - he was polite, his missus however was a rude woman. Paled in comparison to serving Ian 'Harold' Smith at the same venue.

I am %85 sure I once saw Michael Voss holding hands with a bloke in Fitzroy once.

Served Heath Shaw at Nando's.

Grant Birchall bumped into my chair in a Japanese restaurant, saw Jack Viney in the same restaurant the same night.

And my most memorable:
Got caught walking amongst a group of Essendon players coming back to Windy Hill from lunch. Was a little awestruck. Was with my dad at the time who cared to point out the fact that I'd gone bright red. Just slightly mortifying for a 16 year old girl

Not a player, but walked past Anthony Hudson at the airport once.

A week later I was bragging to a mate about my brush with fame. Showed him some pics from the day.

It wasn't Hudson I'd seen. It was Steven King.
First it was the Isaac Smith videos, now it's Stephen King stories/posts.

My wife saw Dean Brogan going off his head at some dude in a newsagent, cops had to calm the big tosser down.

I once sold Brad Ebert a pair of Sunglasses a couple of years ago around Christmas time, he was there with his girlfriend. They bought the cheapest non kids pair in the store, probably should have upsold him but it was my second to last day and I was mentally checked out of the job by that point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a player, but walked past the Dalai Lama at Singapore airport once.
A week later when Iwas back in Melbourne town, I was bragging to a mate about my brush with fame. Showed him some pics from the day.
It wasn't the Lama I'd seen. It was Steven King.

Easy mistake to make, King looks like a llama.

Walked past pre-drug scandal Hird in Essendon a couple of times when I lived near there, each time near the 7/11.

Walked past Dusty Fletcher in Essendon last year and was shocked by how skinny the dude was.

I saw Aaron Sandilands at garden city in Perth once. Very tall

Also saw Tony Modra get into a car in a McDonalds carpark once. The first three letters of his number plate were AFL

Nearly bumped into Dipper at the footy once while I was taking an ambitious bite of a meat pie. The pie survived the encounter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back