Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nokia 2600s didn't have cameras back then

Shame. He's a hard guy to properly identify.

I didn't get within 30 metres of him. Actually if it was any player other than Sandilands I probably couldn't have seen him from such a distance

It's a wonder you didn't pick up any electrical infeterrence from that distance.

Saw Leigh Matthews walking outside the MCG on GF day 2011.

Saw Barry Hall drag racing his orange ute this past weekend at Calder Park.

Was exiting Melbourne Central as a gang of giant thugs were entering blocking my path. Turned out to be 6 or 8 Swans players in hoodies and track pants. Well hard.

More interestingly I used to see Mal from Neighbours on the Sandringham line. Then I moved. I bet he wonders what happened to the good looking rooster who used to catch his train till this day

I have been waiting my entire life for this thread. A few years ago I was in a clothing store on Chapel Street, and a car pulled up and Robbie Warnock stepped out and into the store. He walked right up to the counter and asked the guy if they had any plain blue caps in small, and the guy was like 'yeah we do!' and then Robbie Warnock bought a small, blue cap, put it straight on and left.

In summary, Robbie Warnock is tall but has a small head. I don't post often but this is important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been waiting my entire life for this thread. A few years ago I was in a clothing store on Chapel Street, and a car pulled up and Robbie Warnock stepped out and into the store. He walked right up to the counter and asked the guy if they had any plain blue caps in small, and the guy was like 'yeah we do!' and then Robbie Warnock bought a small, blue cap, put it straight on and left.

In summary, Robbie Warnock is tall but has a small head. I don't post often but this is important.

I had to google him. :drunk:

Sam Mitchell served me my burger at the Pineapple Hotel in Brisbane when he was drafted. You get sent to Brisbane in January to do promo work with the supporters group if you're a young pleb who hasn't proven anything yet...

He got better apparently...good for him...

I saw Josh Kennedy and Nick Malceski in the car park of Northbridge Golf Course as they had just finished a round. I was getting out of the car to play wearing my Swans hat. They looked at me and made no recognition of the hat.

Same hat, different day. I delivered Thai food to Mark McVeigh the night before the 2006 Grand Final. I'm guessing he was in Sydney with family. Anyway, we had a short conversation about the game and Jarrad playing in it. He didn't give a great tip.

Saw Kaiden Brand and Zac Webster at Coles.

Those two numbnuts couldn't even operate the self serve checkout between them.

Off topic but you'll need to edit your sig soon.

Stood next to Michael Symons as we both took a wizz in a nightclub piss trough back in 93. He had a smoke in his mouth, was blind as **** and in a drunk haze said 'g'day.' He then walked out with his jeans still undone and started to dance on the dance floor scaring numerous women away as he went. Class.

I was at a Crows autograph event last year, and Tony Modra was hanging around near me but not officially signing autographs or having pictures. He was chatting with Chris McDermott, so I didn't want to be a dickhead and interrupt his conversation.

Saw Colin Sylvia enjoying a sub at Highpoint, I was too far away to ascertain what fillings were in it.

Witnessed Richo chatting to the canteen ladies at a Coburg VFL match, my mother was like 'Go get a signature' but I pussied out.

Saw Jacob Townsend at the local pub way up in Leeton one vivid night. This was a few weeks after the Tigers signed him. He said 'How good's Tigerland!' I was like 'wat'. True story.

Around 3 years ago, had a high school excursion to the MCG and Collingwood and Melbourne were training at their grounds, which are practically adjacent from what I remember.

I was a bit of a fangirl in spite of my malevolence towards Collingwood, as we had just beaten them in the Grand Final; called out to Elliot, Pendlebury, Cloke and Swan. All calls were returned.

Later went down to the Melb ground, and Aaron Davey sat down with me for a chat on his break. Told him to tell Shannon Byrnes that we will miss him sorely. He said he would tell him. I don't think he did.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Col Sylvia playing pokies

Paul Chapman & Josh Hunt at a pub

Luke Hodge in Safeway

Brett Deledio & Shaun Grigg in Safeway

Trent Cotchin at Caltex

Lance Franklin & Mark Williams at vic park

Had a kick with Andrew Walker

Ollie Wines at the Yank

Saw Gary Rohan, Tippett, Jones, Hewitt, Jack, Papley outside Como hotel day after Grand Final. Asked them if they watched the grand final yesterday, the Swans could have used them on the ground. They told me they actually played and I said "oh really gee you didn't do alot, I didn't notice you."

In his draft year Nakia Cockatoo did that thing where potential draftees spend a week or so training at an AFL club and he trained at North. I was at the shops wearing a North training singlet going up an escalator whilst him and his mates were going down. He was wearing the same training singlet and I heard his mates point it out and laugh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back