Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the comments people, any such comments either insinuating or stating racist commentary or assumptions with such behavior is not tolerated.

Do club Presidents count?

True Story:

I met Eddie McGuire once.

I thought I'd do the right thing and introduce myself to him. So I said "Hi Eddie, I'm 76woodenspooners from BigFooty"

He replied "Er, um, sorry, I have to be somewhere else now", and he turned and made a beeline for the exit.

He seemed to be in a desperate hurry, but I was able to run alongside and ask a bunch of questions "How often do you go on BigFooty?", "Who is your favourite BigFooty poster?", "Who is your least favourite BigFooty poster?".

He even answered some of them, what a legend!

Last edited:
Probably more for our Qld brethren but I was in Caloundra on a family holiday several years ago when we were out for dinner at one of those bistros. When I went up to order and pay I stood behind Wally Lewis. The cashier was having issues with the credit card machine and was taking a while to process his order. He turned around and gave me one of those looks and rolled his eyes slightly, I acknowledged him with a slight nod. We went on our way. My wife wasn't the least bit interested.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Matthew Boyd in a Woolies and became a little star struck because he was dominating in my fantasy footy team at the time.

I saw Dayne Beams, Sidebottom and a few other Collingwood boys at Chaddy, roaming together in the carpark.

I saw Blicavs and Menzel when leaving a club in Geelong as they were going in.

I saw Jarryd Roughead and Jordan Lewis leaving a pizza shop as I was running in the park nearby.

I saw Shane Savage picking up some furniture from IKEA.

I was in a petrol station and Don Scott was complaining to the guy working there about the price.

I saw Tony Shaw queuing up to go through customs. There was another commentator in my line but I couldn't see who it was, but Shaw had a smug look on his face (he was in the platinum line).

I saw pretty much the whole Brisbane team at Brisbane airport while I was waiting for my flight.

Me and my wife walked past 1 gamer Tom Lamb in a Scarborough Beach parking lot on a Thursday afternoon earlier this year.

When I told her who he was she said "that's nice" and changed the subject.
I was at a Japanese takeaway in Subiaco when Tom Lamb was introduced to Xavier Ellis. They both had a large chicken teriyaki with the skin off.

I saw two cars pull out outside a school. Some NM players got out, went into the school and voted.

Then they got into the cars and drove away.

They did not buy sausages.
So like which players where they and why did they not buy a sasauge plus where they good or shit players

Was in a computer lab at uni earlier in the semester, was working on a statistics assignment when my mate tapped me on the shoulder and whispered that there's an AFL player sitting at one of the computers in the row behind us. Turns out it was David Mundy who's doing the same unit, I didn't want to bother him cos he looked pretty focussed on what he was doing. True Story.

James Hird and Damien Hardwick (coaching era) returning from a summer holiday together at Proserpine Airport. They stood at the front of check in for a long time speaking then they sat together at the front on the plane.

Barry Hall in the pit lane at Calder Park drags. He was wearing a hoodie, it was cold tbf.

Stuart Lowe at a Foo Fighters concert. I was initially unimpressed by how tall he was, I was even less impressed when he got on his old mates shoulders and stayed up there for 3 songs holding 2 beers.

Solid thread!

Seen a fair few AFL lads out and about.

Top 2 for controversy.

2) Saw Glen Jackovich at a pub in Collie. Was $10 Chicken Parmigiana night, but he ordered a different meal. Audible groans from kitchen staff.

1) Was sitting on a $5 black jack table at the crown in Perth, formally known as The Burswood when this all went down. Leppitsch and Jono Brown sit down. They were staying the night after playing.
They plonk down 2x$5 chips like high rollers, $10 bets each. The dealer had a 5 and I had 18, so stuck and had $100 riding on it.
Jono Brown had a solid hand which escapes me and is a bit irrelevant to the story. Comes to Leppitsch who has 14 and is the last to act before the dealer. He ums and ahs, whilst I sit there saying in my head 'just stick you silly twat' - if you understand black jack and you'll understand the frustration and know what's coming.
Anyway, he decides to hit on his 14 versus a 5 and strikes gold in the form of a 7. Gives him 21 and he high fives Brown like it was his last $10 in life.
The next card is a 10, now at this stage I'm already realising that the dealer would've busted, he now sits on 15 and like a dagger pulls out a 5 next card to score 20 and beat my 18.
Leppitsch continues to smile and go on about his great hit.
I politely say 'the dealer would've busted' He never really understood and we went our seperate ways in life.

Not me, but my mate smoked a doobie with a certain young Richmond player he went to boarding school with, they were room mates for like a month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back