Most Harsh/Funny Thing you have Yelled at a Footy Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Falchoon
one that has always stuck in my mind was

"how's your head McKenna"

at least 5 years after Plugger errrrrrr brushed him off.

Poor old Bluey got booed for about 10 years by Saints fans after that for having the terimity to put his head in front of a Plugger elbow.

As he was carried past the Animal Enclosure at Moorabin, two comments stuck in my mind. One was "walk off the field you nancy boy McKenna" and the other was as McKemnna lay on the stretcher unconcious "Good night son".
Neither really funny, just shows the attitude of opposition fans while at the footy.

My story was from a cricket match, but I'll tell it anyway:

It was NZ vs Qld at the Gabba in 1999. It came down to the last over when a QLD batsman got awarded a '4' when clearly the ball had cleared the rope. The whole Gabba stadium went crazy, obscenities were thrown at the umpire (Peter Parker) left, right and centre.

About a minute later, when things calmed down a bit, my mates dad just stands up in the middle of a silent Gabba and yells:

"Close your legs Parker, like your mother should have".

Everyone in the Gabba heard the call and started cheering, Parker even turned around and had a glance in our direction. Sensational.

To Nathan Burke: "Don't worry Burkey, you can leave your bike helmet at home, it's only Ablett's son"
----------------------
(After Milne was reported for striking Scarlett, and the St.Kilda fans were booing Scarlett) "You're a ****ing dog, Scarlett! Keep your face out of Milne's elbow next time, you've been doing it all day"

At the Collingwood / Richmond game in Round 1 this year, after Richo had kicked 1.6, spraying them everywhere and copping a fearful bake from the Collingwood Skunks...

Anthony Rocca had a shot on goal from about 50 and skewed it right off the boot."You kick like Richo!!! " I offered, much to the mirth of all around me!

Not so much to a player, but I was 'lucky' enough to be in Adelaide, for round one this year.

I had been my usual verbose self, (like when Carey Monstered Polak at one stage, pointing out he was all over him like he was a team mate's wife *boom tish*) and the Adelaide supporters around me, felt obliged to hang _alot_ of sh*t on me, as the afternoon progressed, and the scoreboard got worse.

Half way through the last quarter, when 4 or so drunken imbeciles kept at it I suggested to them, that regardless of the result of the game, I'll leave here a winner ... as I get on a plane and out of the sh*thole that is Adelaide.

Amazingly, they were either confused, or stupid, and that was that.

Funny place Adelaide.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Denoz03
Me and my Mate did a good one at Collingwood/WCE.

(Towards Phillp M)

I Said: Phillp your grades are low you little ****, Your year 6 teacher isnt Happy

Mate: And your mother is ****ed, i think your grounded

I Said: So get off the ****ing Feild
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even year 6's can beat the Pies :eek:

:D :p :D :p

More the reaction than the comment.

Sitting right on the boundary at Thebarton Oval during a reserves game, West Torrens v North Adelaide, with bugger all crowd there at this stage.

Brenton Phillips, normally a star for the North league side, and a State player, was in the middle of a rare lapse of form and had been dropped to the reserves.

He had led to the boundary 40 metres clear of anyone, and the ball was passed to him at chest height. His confidence was so shot at the time that he dropped the chest mark, made two attempts to pick it up without success, before stumbling over the ball and kicking it out of bounds , while still well clear of any opposition.

With great sympathy ;) I rose to my feet and yelled " You don't have to prove you're a B-grader Phillips, we already knew that"

To the great amusement of the crowd (and myself), Phillips angrily walked up to the boundary, stuck his nose right on mine and screamed in my face " Get f*cked"

I had beeen heard!! :)

I made a sign saying Carn the Hawks and get stuffed magpies and a family friend who was a pies fan had put the same thing except it said carn the pies and get stuffed hawks on her sign. We went to the Collingwood vs Hawthorn game at Waverley park and had our signs out and Tony Francis saw them and laughed.
Matty Robran saw my sign and gave me a thumbs up sign and laughed at my friend's sign.

Originally posted by goaldrush
The funniest thing that I have ever yelled at a footy player wasn't any comment but a fart noise directed to put Anthony Franchina off his kick. It worked.

I guess you had to be there.

Originally posted by denise
quote:
Originally posted by Denoz03
Me and my Mate did a good one at Collingwood/WCE.

(Towards Phillp M)

I Said: Phillp your grades are low you little ****, Your year 6 teacher isnt Happy

Mate: And your mother is ****ed, i think your grounded

I Said: So get off the ****ing Feild

Even year 6's can beat the Pies :eek:

:D :p :D :p

:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is probably pretty harsh, but, it's not just funny things that i've noticed at games over the years.

Last year at the Essendon versus Brisbane match at the Dome, a certain member of the Essendon Cheer Squad produced a pillow as Alastair Lynch made his way towards the goal square at the southern end.

I Remember Collingwood/Brisbane in 2001 at the MCG. My mate says "White why do you wear a long sleeved jersey? is it because you have ugly arms" it was soo stupid i found it rather funny.

So let me see... you have been given a high 10 from anthony Stevens, The umpire laughed at you, Tony Francis AND Matty Robran Laughed at you? PLUS you know Anthony Stevens and you made him read these posts? WOW your one popular girl :p or maybe its just all in your head :D

Originally posted by goaldrush
I made a sign saying Carn the Hawks and get stuffed magpies and a family friend who was a pies fan had put the same thing except it said carn the pies and get stuffed hawks on her sign. We went to the Collingwood vs Hawthorn game at Waverley park and had our signs out and Tony Francis saw them and laughed.
Matty Robran saw my sign and gave me a thumbs up sign and laughed at my friend's sign.

That is the best so far Suzi.

Well done .... :confused:

Originally posted by BeCcA
So let me see... you have been given a high 10 from anthony Stevens, The umpire laughed at you, Tony Francis AND Matty Robran Laughed at you? PLUS you know Anthony Stevens and you made him read these posts? WOW your one popular girl :p or maybe its just all in your head :D
Anthony Stevens and I are related. So the whole thing was planned:rolleyes:

my most memorable would have to have been when i was about 10 years old in the late 80's and i snuck to the front of the cheersquad behind the goals at Morrabbin, we were playing Footscray and Danny Del Rae (who had an enormous nose) was playing in the goal square. anyway someone yelled out "where'd you get your nose **** Smith electronics!!" the crowd loved it, so did i, so i yelled it out myself a few times, much to the amusment of the people around me, probably wondering where this stray kid with the foul mouth came from!

I have heard some real rippers when I have been umpiring footy.

There have been some crazy ppl in the BFL. It was crazy just last week.

There was a certain player who was suspended for 10 years for verbally abusing a policeman last year. This player was involved in a fight at the Eastern Oval yet again last weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Harsh/Funny Thing you have Yelled at a Footy Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back