Most Hated Club/Biggest Rivalry - Who Is It?

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2003, wooden spoon season = New club membership record
2005, wooden spoon season = New club membership record
2007, 15th of 16 = New club membership record
2018, wooden spoon season = New club membership record
2019, 16th of 18 = New club membership record
2020, 11th of 18, COVID impacted = New club membership record
2021, 13th of 18, COVID impacted = New club membership record

Predictably the membership has spiked again this season as Carlton has climbed up the ladder, but our supporters are fiercely loyal and invested every year.
While I hate Carlton more than any other club, this bloke has a point. Blues fans stayed pretty loyal. It's Richmond who has the serious case of bandwagoners. They were drawing Fitzroy crowds in the 90s and now all of a sudden half of Melbourne claims to be a dedicated Tigers fan lol.

Richmond - supporters with short memories of how irrelevant they have been and how success quickly goes to their heads. They also believe high membership adds up to being the biggest club. #Piesenvy

Carlton - quickly think a better season adds up to “they are back” but then go back into their shell very quickly after a few loses - hate the elitist mentality they have and through dodgy corrupt football people that have always been their cornerstone of success #Whitecollarcheats

Essendon- media pets, get a lot of slack from constant disappointment. Bit of both Tigers & Blues about them as well. Always think they are superior to us in every way but can never prove it when it’s time to standup! #tryhards

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richmond no.1 easily. Think they are the biggest club but still cannot draw bigger crowds than Collingwood. When Richmond are down the bottom they end up almost extinct trying to sell home games to cairns.

Collingwood not even once has sold a home game to interstate to try and make a quick dollar as our fans turn up week in and week out

I grew up in Moorabbin surrounded by Stkilda and Hawthorn supporters, and have noticed they all hate Carlton as much as us.
There's just something about them, quite apart from the idiot supporters, constant cheating of every player payment system for 50 years and incredible amount of dumb luck they had for decades.
It's probably the unsportsmanlike boasting of George Harris that pushes them over the edge to absolute abomination.
At least John Nichols said years ago how embarrassing the attitude of Carlton people is.

It's easy to forget just how bitter the hatred was for Carlton going back to the late sixties. 1970, 79 and 81 added layers of pain and justified hate.

Their long period of failure has softened the bitterness but how quickly it returned when Silvgani almost stole the game with his snap. So reminiscent of the way they used to pinch games we had in our control

I've been watching highlights of Greening, Price , McKenna and Richardson and it underlines the pain of knowing the best Collingwood team I ever saw never won a flag.

I hate them.

If hate of other clubs is measured out of ten.

Carlton - 10
Dons - 9.85
Tigers - 9.90
Dees - 9.80

Others like the lions, eagles, swans, gold coast are at about a 5... this is only to illustrate the relative hateness of the above

It's easy to forget just how bitter the hatred was for Carlton going back to the late sixties. 1970, 79 and 81 added layers of pain and justified hate.

Their long period of failure has softened the bitterness but how quickly it returned when Silvgani almost stole the game with his snap. So reminiscent of the way they used to pinch games we had in our control

I've been watching highlights of Greening, Price , McKenna and Richardson and it underlines the pain of knowing the best Collingwood team I ever saw never won a flag.

I hate them.
100% agree.

Carlton
what I wouldn’t give for a dodgy free to win a flag off those flogs in the dying seconds.
the pain that club has put me through in the 60s, 70s & 80s and cheated their way to a flag in 95. F*** them.
Have been waiting for them to rise again so we can have another crack at them, they are our true rivals. Really crave a GF against them soon.

Tier 1: Carlton (for all the reasons noted by others)
Tier 2: Essendon (supporters, family history)
Richmond (supporters, 1980s)
StKilda (act like they are great when they have acheived nothing)
WC (supporters think everything from the west is best)
Port Power (you are not the SANFL magpies just a crap club)
Hawthorn (got gifted a great recruiting zone otherwise would have folded)
Brisbane (AFL endorced cheating)
Geelong (supporters)
Tier 3: [Don't care about these] Adelaide, Freo, Suns, Giants, Melbourne, North, Dogs

Last edited:
Always have and always will hate the navy blue scum, more than any other, and love beating them senseless.

Never forgiven St Kilda for the John Greening incident
Never forgiven Essendon for the way they treated Tuddy
Never forgiven Melbourne for their run against us in the late 50s, early 60s (and we stuck it up em in 58).
Never forgiven Richmond for the Macdonald era trade wars and the 80 GF
Never forgiven Brisvegas for the 01 and 02 flags.

Sure I've missed a few

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Hated Club/Biggest Rivalry - Who Is It?

Back