• Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eagle_Fan

A bit of fun amongst serious footy!

Who is the most hated team? Among fans? Among clubs? Among players?

Why?

Does it vary from state to state? Is it really Victoria vs The Rest?

What's your opinion?

This is sounding like another "slag essendon off" exercise...

The most hated team is easy: CARLTON BY A MILE!!!!!!! And if you support Carlton probably us....

North by a mile. When we were the Bears in 1996 in the Prelim at the MCG, one of their fans spat on my 2 year old daughter, cause she was in bear gear. Ever since then we have been abused for being Brisbane supporters.I hate their players, but thats personal, on one very very well known player. He nearly ran down my sister ( she was crossing the pred lights), going through a red light, and I witnessed a road rage incident involving him, at a railway crossing, where he got out of his car and abused an old man, the old guy went white.It was horrible. Mind you we were minding our business having lunch in a coffee shop at the time, saw it all, so did the whole lunch crowd. The worse thing is the old guy did absolutely nothing wrong,the player was just agressivee, venting his spleen for nothing.

Essendon would have to be close to the most hated now. Richmond are easily the most passionate and vocal. Carlton have the most non-australian supporters. Collingwood supporters are no where near as bad as
Richmond or Carlton. Hawthorn are now very loud and passionate. St.kilda would have the most stupid supporters who whinge too much. Essendon have alot of yobbos. Melbourne have alot more working class supporters than people think. North Melbourne supporters dont create any atmosphere because they have too few. They have alot of filthy mouthed supporters. Port Power same as Richmond.

I'd have to plump for Adelaide - personally I have witnessed 4 of their supporters surround a kid and give him an absolute mouthfull after a game (they lost!!). The verbal bashing reduced the kid to tears and resulted in a bit of push and shove.

I also love the way they desert Football Park when their side loses - nothing better to see than a half empty footy stadium, because you know the Crows are getting belted!!

One last thing - the total lack of respect showed to their opponents by the players after their GF wins, by bastardising the StKilda and NM club songs. Never saw it happen before until the Crows won and was absolutely disgusted!!!

My 2 cents!!!

erm.... the eagles because of their privatised, corporatised, chardonnay sipping, polite clapping, yuppie shoosher, fans.???

------------------
BOMBERS REIGN SUPREME.

"Yob or w***er,
Wank or yob,
Take you f'ing choice"

- TISM

My personal choice for worst behaved supporters is Adelaide - vandalizing cars and blocking the ladies toilets to all but Crows fans are cowardly acts. But then again, there are a few in ANY crowd that will bring down the name of the club with ugly acts of hatred and stupidity.

These are usually people who cannot work out that the league has moved on from the local footy field to an event that attracts more families and children. If they HAVE worked it out they hate the fact that they have lost what used to be theirs to do with as they please - i.e. go along to the games at the local footy club and act like a tool.

There are plenty of local leagues to go to for that - no one minds as everyone usually knows who the tools are and stays away from them. The anonymity provided by big crowds and venues is good cover for cowards and as such it is like moths to a flame, unfortunately.

being a passionate bombers supporter the answer is easy. We can beat Richmond, we can beat collingwood, but there is nothing as fun as beating Carlton. (and it's only a few weeks till we play em....)

And eaglefan, we love waving our jackets as well.....

cheers
staggy

------------------
2000: year of the bomber

being a passionate bombers supporter the answer is easy. We can beat Richmond, we can beat collingwood, but there is nothing as fun as beating Carlton. (and it's only a few weeks till we play em....)

And eaglefan, we love waving our jackets as well.....

cheers
staggy

------------------
2000: year of the bomber

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Chardonnay Arch! And staggy, we love waving ours too..... as we will in round 15
wink.gif
Too bad we can't play twice, they're usually pretty good games.

But back to the topic, I hate the Carlton Football Club and their supporters in WA. (Except Whoosha). I also can't stand Collingwood, and that's got worse since Ed's takeover. Used to hate North, but actually feel kinda sorry for them now..... Oh and Freo's fans are feral! Should have seen them after Rd 16 '99, it's like they were tribal or something, but Carlton are still worse!

Eagle-Fan

I HATE the Eagles!!! Until the Eagles supporters and the WA media can get over their small-town attitude of AFL v's Victoria and realise that the game is National, and Eagles fans learn something better than to say than "go back to Victoria" I will always be happy to see your team lose. Before you even try & say it I am not a Victorian, but I have supported Carlton all my life and refuse to succumb to the WA media brain-washing. It's relentless and I will never surrender.

As an Essendon supporter, the most hated teams are :

Carlton ......by a mile
Collingwood
West Coast
Adelaide
Kangaroos

Collingwood have much more parochial suport than Carlton. I have no respect for Carlton supporters. Their loyalty has never been tested. They are arrogant. They are not really that passionate, but when they are winning they will let you know about it. When they are losing, the will NOT get behind their team. Collingwood always get behind their team.

I don't mind Richmond, becasue they havn't done anything since 1982. Generally, people hate the most sucessful clubs. Historically, Richmond has been successful, but lately, they have done nothing. Richmond have the most passionate supporters.

ESSENDON have the most enthusiastic supporters, (and also the most). Carlton especailly hate this about Essendon. Carlton cant stand the fact that Essendon in the 90's equalled their premiership record, and is threatening to do it again. Carlton (as someone mentioned blow) also have the most non-Australian supporters. I have always wondered why ??

Must be hard Bluegirl, I admire people who support teams from a different state. But you don't like that the other 14 clubs aren't given a fair go on in the WA media. The reason we have shows like Basil's is because the 'national' shows (TFC, The Game, Live & Kicking- but not anymore) don't give us a fair go! Like all that 'Fat Rat's Clacker Cup' crap Sam Newman goes on about when Freo play port. I don't suppose they'll ever please everyone.

North Melbourne. I live in Brisbane, so I don't get to see my team to often.I go to the Gabba to watch the footy.
A few years ago I was walking under the Clem Jones stand before the match to my seats. I saw Wayne Carey yelling at a lady, and got to grab her. It was most unpleasant.

A fine question, my theory is that the most successfull teams are the most hated.

Who really hates Freo?, who hated the Swans, when they lost virtually every game?, Fitzroy was universally pitied, and even Collingwood isn't that bad when you can give them a kicking each week.

Port had pre AFL success, a few more years in the low reaches of the ladder and we will probably tolerate them in much the same way we now treat Collingwood.

So everybody hates Essendon,WCE, Adelaide, Carlton and now North, why ? because they are successful clubs.

But there is an exception to every rule. With mine its Richmond, they are useless(and have been for nearly 20 years) and they are still hated go figure!!!.

Most hated club would have to be Carlton - being a Collingwood supporter, you can imagine why.

Worst supporters - would have to be Richmond and Western.

They are both feral mouthed, and instead of simply shouting at the game, the ones I come across are generally the type that turn around and are in your face etc. after they kick a goal.

I do, however, not like generalising like that as I am sure of fans aren't that bad.

That's the problem, it is always a low percentage that affect the group.

Collingwood supporters have a bad reputation, but in the area I sit in (reserved seating for all home games) I never see truly bad Collingwood supporters. Passionate, yes, but not really loud, or drunk, and they don't get in other people's faces etc.

I'm sure some do though
smile.gif

But back to the point, I hate Carlton the most, followed by Adelaide.

I actually have taken a liking to Brisbane because I like their style of play
smile.gif

Matt

Amazing!

Dan and I are in complete agreement about something... and I agree with his points about Carlton's "born to rule - loyalty never tested" attitude.

But I think he might be wrong about us being the loudest and most passionate - for a side that's made the finals once in the last 10 years - tiger fans are pretty impressive.

Eagle-Fan - I only know a few WCE supporters but I happen to like them - if I lived in Perth I'd probably loathe them which I think justifiable backs Arch's perspective. No, I love Eagles-Essendon games - 3 reasons: 1. they're always passionate and usually close, 2. we usually win and 3. love the resultant jacket waving.

Nice to be 8 points clear of the POPs already and its only 8 days into the season....

Dutch

Dutch,

I think the reason Carlton hate Essendon so much, is that we are the ones who threaten their "born to rule" mentality as you put it. Under Sheedy, since 1981, we have won about 70% of our games agaisnt the Blue-baggers, including 10 in a row at one point.

Carlton see Essendon as a threat, and they don't like this. Their supporters need to be shut up.

I can honestly say I respect Collingwood supporters (even though I hate Collingwood). And as much as I hate the Crows, I'll be the first to give their fans credit. Thet pack out Football Park every week whether they win or lose. And Crows supporters travel too.

But Carlton supporters are just scum. Total scum. They are not parochial. I don't believe they get behind their team that much. They just back a winner, and if the Blues start to lose, they drop off like flies.

Carlton will never lead the league in attendance if they have a 9-13 year like Essendon did in 1997. Carlton are the most un-loyal supporters in the game. On the few times their loyalty has been tested (not many times), they have proven they are the biggest losers on the planet.

Arrogant, self serving, pig-headed, and unknowledable, is the description of the vast majority of Carlton scum.

Bluegirl, you are an exception, and I know of a few good Carlton supporters, but most of them are toal scum and filth.

Why else would they barrack for that scum-filled team
wink.gif

Matt

Note: This is intended as a joke, don't take offence at this.

Dan,

You’re an idiot, and there is no point arguing with idiots.

Some advice though, get over the preliminary final and move on boy!, all this hatred is not good for the soul, perhaps some counselling?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back