Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Overrated is an interesting word. Most jump to the fairly average players on the cusp of selection but the ones getting the most hype are the better players. In recent weeks the hype around TDK has been ludicrous, has been beaten most weeks in hitouts but played 5 games where he has done well around the ground and he is a bonafide star in the eyes of the media.

Overrated is an interesting word. Most jump to the fairly average players on the cusp of selection but the ones getting the most hype are the better players. In recent weeks the hype around TDK has been ludicrous, has been beaten most weeks in hitouts but played 5 games where he has done well around the ground and he is a bonafide star in the eyes of the media.
Awwww, did big young TDK hurt your little feely feelings last week, Faffle?

I was at the game last week and Dons supporters were complaining flat out about how much TDK was tearing them up

Granted, I don’t think he deserves the extreme plaudits he gets but he is very good

He’s not in our top 5 though, and is spoken about like he’s a giant of the competition, so by your criteria he probably is a bit overrated

Cripps, Charlie, Walsh, Weitering, McKay and Cerra all ahead of him, Newman may even be ahead of him too.

Who cares about hitouts if he wins his own ball and plays like that?

I was at the game last week
Who Cares Fran Healy GIF by Travis

From my team probably Ginnivan. Gets talked up as an elite small forward but is slow , an average kick and gets headlines because of tactics and the fact he somehow won and Anzac day medal.

He's definitely smart (see getting Bruest not Chol to kick the ball last week)and uses what talent he has to draw free kicks but definitely overrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my team probably Ginnivan. Gets talked up as an elite small forward but is slow , an average kick and gets headlines because of tactics and the fact he somehow won and Anzac day medal.

He's definitely smart (see getting Bruest not Chol to kick the ball last week)and uses what talent he has to draw free kicks but definitely overrated.
His kicking is really good but has been awful for the Hawks and he is obsessed with round the corner kicks. I think he is a good afl forward who kicks goals. Only way I see him going up a level is playing as a inside midfielder where his lack of pace is less of a concern.

Jack Viney

This thread has become like every other thread on this board. Wait till player/team X has a game that supports my desire to slag them off/pump their tires.
Rinse & repeat.
Based on Bobby Hills game yesterday it reads like a reverse mozz thread too!

Rachele. Having a horrible year and squibbing contests left and right, yet wants more midfield time.

Poor man's Chad Wingard (prime, dual-AA Wingard, not current 2024 Wingard).

This thread has become like every other thread on this board. Wait till player/team X has a game that supports my desire to slag them off/pump their tires.
Rinse & repeat.
Also if you think a player is 'over-rated', you're claiming said player is a completely worthless spud.

Like every player must be one of two extremes: "Potential GOAT" or "Useless hack"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back