Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Although he had good stats he was unable to effect the game in any way and one of these games was against north, albeit he was subbed out. On multiple occasions his team needed him to lift and he was unable to. His disposals during this time were also ineffective, and although he might've played good, his direct opponent often had far better stats and impacted his team much better, this was shown in the results. His recent form has been superb though. I've also watched most lions games this year as I live in QLD and the game is often on Saturday or Sunday arvo and channel 7 snub me of Saturday night footy because of it.

Fair enough - I see it differently. I’d agree he wasn’t superb, but I just wouldn’t go anywhere near calling it “poor”. Maybe by his lofty standards, I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry McKay.

Always drifts out matches. Should be a bonafide matchwinner the hype he receives.
Far from it.

A flashier version of Ben Brown.

Harry McKay.

Always drifts out matches. Should be a bonafide matchwinner the hype he receives.
Far from it.

Not a good nomination. Would kill to have someone like him at Collingwood.

He, Mihocek and McStay (should they ever be fully fit at the same time ever angain) operating together with our smalls would be dangerous.

Adam Cerra. Pick 6 was way overs for a dime a dozen mid

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
was disappointed when he left, but he hasn't turned into the super star he looked like he was going to be

Freo has been much luckier keeping Andy Brayshaw (drafted at the same time)

Harry McKay.

Far from it.

I think his marking is overrated. For the amount of times Carlton kick to him, he doesn’t actually clunk that many. Very good player though - his ability to chop out ruck is important.

I don’t think the modern game calls for two elite forwards though. When Charlie and Harry are on song together, it’s a thing of beauty. But how often a season do they actually put together a pairing that is worthy of the $1.8-2M they’re earning a year? As opposed to if they had one and a star midfielder with speed. Or a really solid crumbing forward and a mid-priced competitive tall that they could probably fund with McKay’s salary.

Darcy Moore.

Never understood his hype as one of best backman in the league when there are multiple players that clear him by a mile, I mean there's 2 backman at the eagles who are far better for starters.

Darcy Moore.

Never understood his hype as one of best backman in the league when there are multiple players that clear him by a mile, I mean there's 2 backman at the eagles who are far better for starters.
Nah. Hes a solid agile tall defender. Hes rated on point

Darcy Moore.

Barrass? The 2 were opposed in 2021 when Moore went forward and the latter took contested marks against him. I think our backmen do well considering how many inside 50s they have to defend each week. Would like to see some of the other so-called great defenders playing behind our midfield. Also while Moore has been down this year he is still the leading player in the comp this year for 1 percenters and in the top 5 for intercepts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back