Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons Season 38 Team Thread | The Brrrrr-illiant Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds awesome! Those stones on a hill are on my bucket list, the history is amazing.
Yeah, it was very tempting. I'm comfortable with the decision not to go though. I spent days trying to find a way to make it work, including swapping the order around completely, slotting it in first, last, and in the middle, but no option ended up being less complicated than any other.
Everything else on the trip just fell into place. Machu Picchu is a lot easier to get to, is cheaper, and has a lot more to see in the surrounding areas. We've got 5 nights in that area and I'm looking forward to the places we'll see every day.
It'd almost be easier to just fly from LA to Easter Island through Santiago and back than to add it to the existing trip.

Started and won the war thank you very much
The mighty emu demolished all in its path.
Run Away Lets Go GIF by Brookfield Zoo

Hey CursingFijian can I borrow your shovel? I need to dig an umu
Uhhm, I lost it cuz. I been digging the holes with makeshift scoops from empty Pepsi bottles.

I keep misplacing the Pepsi bottles too.

But it’s okay. I just order more dominoes before we make the lovo.

R3 Match Summary.JPG

Three wins in a row! Great start to Season 38.
We're currently sitting in top spot on the ladder, undefeated with a percentage of 158.

The match against the Roys was tight throughout but the Demons kicked 8-6 to just one goal in the last quarter to run away with another good win.

Congratulations to Bluelegs who kicked two goals in his 100th SFA game, all for the Demons.

Team selection...

Mount Buller Demons - Official Team Sheet
Season 38, Round 3 v. Roys FFC

B:
Yakker / manangatang / jmoo wan
HB: Truetiger / Van_Dyke / cartwright
C: Gralin / Wosh / p4p1
HF: cooney / tgrs / DERO
F: Bluelegs / sausageroll / sante
FOLL: cats2rise / moginie / Scythe94
INT: Marlowe / Headless

Milestones:
Bluelegs - 100 career games in the Sweet FA, 100 games for the Mount Buller Demons

Changes:
Bluelegs HBF > FP
Truetiger FP > HBF

No milestones in Round 4. Next will be in Round 6.
The Round 4 match thread against the Bombers is here

R3 Weekly Stats.JPG

Posting
We had the lowest number of active postersc for the season this week and only 9 Demons reached double figures, but it was solid numbers from those who did.
Wosh led the way again, posting 116 times against her old team mates with Gralin not too far behind. Larry moginie Gomes raised the bat, reaching 50 once again.
cats2rise , tgrs and Headless all fell just short of the half century, Scythe94 and p4p1 were in the 20s and cooney rounded out the top 10.

DT score v Head to Head score
The rucks and rovers dominated with moginie , Scythe94 and cats2rise all scoring 100 DT.
They were joined by DERO (who's having a huge start to the season at half forward), 1st year players p4p1 and tgrs , and myself all scoring 100s in the head to head statistics when compared to their starting opposition.
Wosh and Gralin also featured from the midfield and jmoo wan had a good win against his opponent.

Goals
The forward line did their job as they did in the first two games. this time led by myself with 6 and Bluelegs kicking 2 in his milestone match. But it was the midfleid that was the difference between the two teams with moginie , cats2rise and Scythe94 kicking 8 goals between them. jmoo wan also snuck down from the backline to kick two.

Other Statistics
Top other 5 stat lists are displayed for reference and feature players already mentioned with the exception of Truetiger who didn't appear to be very popular with the umpires this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R3 Mids.JPG

The midfield completely dominated for the second week in a row with 5 of the 6 finishing in the top 6 DT and kicking 8 goals compared to just 1 from the Roys midfield.
moginie , Scythe94 , cats2rise , Wosh and p4p1 all had big wins against their opposition with Scythe94 being the most convincing, finishing with a head to head score of 162. Gralin didn't find as much of the qooty as he usually would, but neither did his opponent, indicating that the ball just didn't find its way to that wing very often.

R3 Defs.JPG

The Dees defence contributed to the goal kicking for the second week in a row thanks to jmoo wan who matched the goal scoring efforts of his direct opponent in the forward pocket.
Overall it was a tough week for the Demons defenders though with scores being a lot lower than previous weeks. cartwright and Truetiger had close battles as did Yakker who held his opponent well despite scoring donuts himself.
Van_Dyke was well down on his stats compared to the first two weeks and to his opponent but importantly held his opponent to just one goal.
manangatang 's head to head score gives the impression that he was beaten easily, but he was able to hold the Roys full forward to just 4 goals (2 less than the Demons full forward) and has had just 10 goals kicked by his opposing full forwards from the first three rounds.

R3 Fwds.JPG

The Demons forward line got a lot more of the ball than the Roys forward line and had the top 3 DT scorers from either forward line. The Demons didn't capitalise on their opportunities as well as we wold have liked though, finishing with 10 goals, same as the Roys forward line.
tgrs and DERO led the forwards stats again, with DERO scoring his second head to head 100 in a row. I bounced back with 6 goals from full forward and Bluelegs won well over his direct opponent in his 100th SFA match, finishing with 2 goals. sante continued his goal kicking run, winning 100% of contests against his opponent while cooney had a tough week on his flank.

R3 Int.JPG

It was a quiet week from both teams' interchange compared to previous weeks. Both Demons interchange players outscored their Roys counterparts in DT but the Roys interchange contributed 3 goals.

i think the only thing that could possibly be our undoing this season is our own hubris, but i feel so confident and proud of this group that i’m certain that won’t happen

i think the only thing that could possibly be our undoing this season is our own hubris, but i feel so confident and proud of this group that i’m certain that won’t happen
Luckily the sim has no idea what hubris is on the anonymous online text-based football discussion forum bigfooty.com.

Luckily the sim has no idea what hubris is on the anonymous online text-based football discussion forum bigfooty.com.
dont ruin my immersion!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons Season 38 Team Thread | The Brrrrr-illiant Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back