Movie quotes (edited to suit Collingwood)

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you ready for a war?

William Wallace, Braveheart.

------------------------------------------

At my signal, unleash hell.

Maximus, Gladiator.

------------------------------------------

And one of my all time personal favs;

You find out life's this game of metres, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The metres we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that metre. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that metre. We claw with our fingernails for that metre. Because we know when add up all those metres, that's gonna make the ****ing difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying

(changed "inches" to "metres")

Tony D'Amato, Any Given Sunday.:D

Harry and Nick discussing the game;

Harry O:What happens next time?
Maxwell: Next time, Harry, we won't play by their rules. We'll invent our own!

Harry: I hate them for making hate necessary, and I'll do what I can to end it.

Leigh Brown: If they shut me up, who will take my place?
and: Once I start, they'll be no stopping me.

Michael Collins

"but Mick, Mick (gushes) you can't just, just beat me. You're just jealous! You''ll never find another adversary like me...never....Mick!"

"Frankly Bomber...I don't give a damn.!"

Gone with the Dynasty.

"Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me. Blessed be my coaching my strength, which teacheth my hands to play, and my legs to kick. My quickness, and my fortitude; my high marking, and my delivery; my spoiling, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my opponent under my tackles. O Mick Malthouse, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me."
Saving Private Ryan (1998)

"Children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Collingwood lore. And by Collingwood lore we will stand and fight... and win. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 22 Magpies gave their last breath to defend it"

Leonidas, from 300.

Also from 300;

"Unless I miss my guess, we're in for one wild night.":D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Maxwell:

"Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a final by giving it all for his team. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard give it all for his team. Men, all this stuff you’ve heard about Collingwood not wanting to fight, wanting to avoid the pressure, is a lot of horse dung. Woodsmen traditionally love to fight. All real Magpies love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion footy player, the fastest runner, the best cricket player, the toughest boxer. Collingwood loves a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Collingwood plays to win all the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Collingwood will never lose this final. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Collingwood.

Now, a football club is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, plays as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post don’t know anything more about real footy than they do about fornicating.

We have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit and the best men in the world. You know, by God I actually pity those poor bastards we’re going up against. By God, I do. We’re not just going to beat the bastards, we’re going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the stops of our boots. We’re going to disgrace those lousy Geelong bastards by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under the pressure. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all play your role. The Cats are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Outrun them to the ball. When you throw your body into a marking contest that a moment before was your opponent's ball, you'll know what to do.

Now there’s another thing I want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that we are defending our lead. We’re not defending anything. Let the Cats do that. We are advancing constantly and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose.

There’s one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what did you do in the great finals series of 2010, you won’t have to say, "Well, I took a back seat to the real champs"

Alright now, you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel. Oh, and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys onto the field – anytime, anywhere.

That’s all."

Patton - 1970

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if you paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Simon Prestigiacomo always says at a time like that: Have you paid your dues, Presti? Yessir, the check is in the mail.

"Stooopppppp, Give it to me'
From Blood Diamond

What Nick Maxwell and the backline will be saying to the Geelong midfield, for the ball.

OK, some serious Arnie-fication:-

Pendles, channelling his best Arnie voice, when sizing up Ling at the Centre Bounce:-
You are one ugly motherf*****r
Predator

---

Andrew Mackie, sizing up Leigh Brown before the Centre Bounce
I don't know what the problem is, but I'm sure it can be solved without resorting to violence.
Twins

Leigh Brown, later in the match when Mackie is standing the mark:-
Hey, you want to be a farmer? Here's a couple of acres (kicks the ball straight into the nads)

---

Dane Swan:-
I am a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton.

---

[youtube]pDxn0Xfqkgw[/youtube]

The path of the righteous Collingwood is beset on all sides by the inequities of Geelong and the tyranny of evil St Kilda. Blessed is he who, in the name of the Woods, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of premierships. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my Collingwood brothers. And you will know I am the Magpies when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Samuel L Jackson - Pulp Fiction

As we take the field......

1) "Say hello to my little friend".

and if they respond...

2) "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to?"

"When I told you to go screw yourself, I didn't mean literally"

Swan to Ling, we all know rangas are asexual.

This one is not from a movie but it is still relevant.

"its OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!" Mick looking at Swan's disposal count.

If they die, they die..
they = cats or collywobbles
Ivan Drago Rocky IV

Premiership is everything, are you ready to die for it?

original word is respect.
Blood in Blood out

The path of the righteous Collingwood is beset on all sides by the inequities of Geelong and the tyranny of evil St Kilda. Blessed is he who, in the name of the Woods, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of premierships. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my Collingwood brothers. And you will know I am the Magpies when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Samuel L Jackson - Pulp Fiction

:D One of the all time greatest movie quotes :D

Maxwell: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?
Cloke: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
Maxwell: Wrong! Leroy! What is best in life?
L. Brown: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Maxwell: That is good! That is good.

This day is call'd the feast of Collingwood.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Collingwood.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Collingwood.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Collingwood's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Maxwell and Heater,
Didak and Toovey, Pendlebury and Sidebottom-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Collingwood Collingwood shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in Australia now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Collingwood's day.

King Henry V

GO PIES!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie quotes (edited to suit Collingwood)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back