Moyle to be delisted and go to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh cheating, shmeating!!!

Your merely concurring with the exact point I am trying to make. As a proud Australian who lives in a democratic, free-enterprising society that encourages ambition and wealth-seeking the AFL's oppressive rules of salary-capping and player drafting is un-Australian!!! :D

But then again it does lift the mediocre and failure ridden to an equal level as the entrepreneurial and successful amongst the group. And that's all this system does, gives everyone a turn in the sun (whether they deserve it or not). Yes, Carlton broke the rules but only at the micro-level. From an economy wide perspective they were merely rewarding employees for services rendered and meeting their contractual obligations. Whilst the AFL are so keen on salary caps, why dont the impose one on themselves and their cronnies. And junkets like the IR series!!! I'm waffling.... :eek:

Watch the AFLPA start turning up the heat on blatant restraint of trade issues with player movement and uncertainty of employment in the near future. Would love to see the AFL's player payments system and drafting tested in the courts for breaches of the TPA??? Would be very interesting

Sorry, I take back the unnecessary generalisation of aints supporters. :eek:
Uncalled for.

Thrawn said:
I'm sure he'll be more effective for Carlton than Hamil will be for St. Kilda, just like this year.

Yeah, Whitnall sets a real example around the club.

Hamill = Culture changer
Whitnall = St Kilda culture of old

dogsbody said:
St Kilda were fantastic in 2005. you can expect them to be even better in 2006. The quality of their list is impressive, more so in that so many of their better players are still so young in League terms. Who, among Carlton players used in 2005 would have earned a regular spot at St Kilda ? Moyle couldn't get a regular game at St Kilda. He has a far bettr opportunity at Carlton where the quality of players is significantly lower than at St Kilda. What have numbers of premierships, now well into the past, got to do with it ?

what incredible foresight you have

Falchoon said:
Yeah, Whitnall sets a real example around the club.

Hamill = Culture changer
Whitnall = St Kilda culture of old

I'd say players who have actually played well for your club consistently are culture changers. One individual can never to this alone.

And I am not talking about "making an example", I am talking about "on field performance". We don't need Lance to make an example because we have other players who can do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moyle to be delisted and go to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back