MRP is a flip flopping circus

Remove this Banner Ad

I was concerned Johnno would get 3 weeks and we wouldn't get the chance for a send-off in R23. A fine is a brilliant and unexpected result IMHO.

I view it like the Selwood/Headland incident. Des punched, wrestled and maybe even eye gouged (?) Selwood after what he said and, quite rightly, there were zero repercussions at the tribunal.

Imagine if the Eagles are out in straight sets and he misses 3-4 games for his new club

I have a feeling North will go cold on him with the Brayshaw connection

Richmond look to be more interested in Lynch

Maybe the Saints are the more likely suiters and could lower their contract offer. Wouldn't look good for their culture

Barry Hall got 10 weeks (it was discounted 25% due the system in place at time of that incident over 10 years ago), downgraded to 7.

I think Gaff will get at least 10 weeks - AFL needs to send a message to everyone to try and stamp it out - someone got 6 weeks last year, that is clearly not enough and won't happen again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-06/gaff-off-to-tribunal-docker-escapes-ban

"Elsewhere, Fremantle veteran Michael Johnson was handed a $2000 for attempting to seek retribution on Gaff later in the game.
Johnson caught Gaff high and late after the Eagle had disposed of the footy, with Christian assessing the incident as careless conduct with low impact to the head.
Christian said the earlier incident with Gaff didn't change the manner in which Johnson's bump was perceived during the Match Review process.
"The incidents coming out of the melee were assessed individually, as was the Michael Johnson incident with Andrew Gaff," Christian said."

Ummm..... if the incident was assessed individually, how could he be charged with "attempting to seek retribution"? Is that not just a straight up contradiction?? Fricken ridiculous that they can issue a statement like that and not see the hypocrisy.

And then this:
"Dockers Hayden Ballantyne, Sean Darcy and Liam Ryan and Eagles Liam Ryan, Daniel Venables and Jeremy McGovern were all fined for their involvement in a melee."
Funny how both clubs have a Liam Ryan playing for them. Reckon ours has been with us, and will be with us for longer still, than theirs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Elsewhere, Fremantle veteran Michael Johnson was handed a $2000 for attempting to seek retribution on Gaff later in the game.
Johnson caught Gaff high and late after the Eagle had disposed of the footy, with Christian assessing the incident as careless conduct with low impact to the head.
Christian said the earlier incident with Gaff didn't change the manner in which Johnson's bump was perceived during the Match Review process.
"The incidents coming out of the melee were assessed individually, as was the Michael Johnson incident with Andrew Gaff," Christian said."

Ummm..... if the incident was assessed individually, how could he be charged with "attempting to seek retribution"? Is that not just a straight up contradiction?? Fricken ridiculous that they can issue a statement like that and not see the hypocrisy.
I think that’s just the way that the reporter was spinning why Johnno bumped him; he bumped him to seek retribution. Johnson was actually charged with rough conduct as per the MRO statement
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-06/match-review-full-statement-round-20

This will go one of two ways. The Eagles will fight to the end, blaming Brayshaw for ducking (ironic much), blocking and anything else they can. Push for a 4 or 5 week ban and end up looking like complete flogs.

Or they accept the seven week ban (as the AFL will not allow Gaff to play this year under any circumstances. Imagine Gaff running out for the GF .......) humbly and try to win back some respect for their club.

Im thinking option one given their history with entitled arrogance.

Its why we rolled over with Nyhuis. I thought it should have been graded high rather than severe ( at worst) but the court of public opinion had spoken.

If by some fluke he gets 4 or 5 I'd seriously consider criminal action.

This will go one of two ways. The Eagles will fight to the end, blaming Brayshaw for ducking (ironic much), blocking and anything else they can. Push for a 4 or 5 week ban and end up looking like complete flogs.

Or they accept the seven week ban (as the AFL will not allow Gaff to play this year under any circumstances. Imagine Gaff running out for the GF .......) humbly and try to win back some respect for their club.

Im thinking option one given their history with entitled arrogance.

Its why we rolled over with Nyhuis. I thought it should have been graded high rather than severe ( at worst) but the court of public opinion had spoken.

If by some fluke he gets 4 or 5 I'd seriously consider criminal action.
WA Police comes in like WADA on the AFL for a miscarriage of justice

Going to be interesting. I have no doubt afl have given the call to nisbet and told him to cave..even thought nisbit is a megalomaniac, i wish we would fight when we were in the righty. We do take it from the media & afl house a bit too easily. Saying that i an grateful to be on the good side of the force

Going to be interesting. I have no doubt afl have given the call to nisbet and told him to cave..even thought nisbit is a megalomaniac, i wish we would fight when we were in the righty. We do take it from the media & afl house a bit too easily. Saying that i an grateful to be on the good side of the force

Sometimes you have to give, to get.

Back off at times and accept the "minor" whack, you will be treated in a good light at a further juncture.

That Gleeson cat that went after Fyfe at the tribunal is certainly picking apart Gaffs ‘ I’m a good guy and didn’t mean to’ defence. Thankfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there’s any outcome that’s footy-related, that has occurred of note recently and you wish to post about how comfortable you are with it; post here.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP is a flip flopping circus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back