Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons Season 37 Team Thread | Ice To See You

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 16 recap.png

https://sweetfa.plus/matches/3731

Top posters: Gralin moginie sausageroll cats2rise Headless
Top DT: moginie cats2rise Gralin manangatang Scythe94

Gralin says:
The second double up of the season saw the Dees play their fellow foundation club the wonders, unfortunately DERO had to go and have a double milestone of 200 SFA and 100 Demons games to make winning more complicated.

A 22 point loss was on the cards with the match effectively over at three quarter time. sausageroll kicked another 5 goals in the race for the Fred and moginie was back to his winning ways in the middle with 99 DT point and goal. cats2rise had anothe rgood game on the wing with 89 DT points but it wasn’t enough to get the win

Off field the Dees had 20 active posters for the first time since Round 10 and the top five posters again were Gralin moginie sausageroll Headless and cats2rise

sausageroll said:
View attachment 1991365

Before this week, the Demons had won 5 of 6 games in warm conditions. But then DERO had to go and have his 200th SFA and 100th Demons game in those conditions, meaning we were destined to lose. Comgratulations on the miestones despite the loss. Things were looking pretty good in the first quarter but unfortunately we dropped off after that, eventually going down by 22 points.

Our midfield was very good this week, wiith moginie jumping back to the top after a relitively quiet month and cats2rise , Gralin , Scythe94 and Proper Gander all taking advantave of manangatang 's work in the ruck. Several of the forwards also found a bit of the ball, including cartwright , Yakker and cooney once again.

sante continued his goal kicking form, finishing with another three goals, just two behind me. moginie kicked two from the midfield and Bluelegs , cooney , Scythe94 and Gralin all kicked one goal each.

Posting numbers were very similar to our previous match, finishing on 342 for the week. We had 20 active posters for the first time since Round 10 with eight Demons reaching double figures.
Gralin jumped back to the top of the posting list, followed by moginie who is continuing his outstanding year. I was very happy to see these two push me down the list after three weeks at the top of the numbers. cats2rise and Headless always make the week a lot more entertaining when they're up and about and last week was no exception.
manangatang , Wosh and cooney were the others to reach double figures.

Random Stats:
1. sante has kicked 16 goals in the last 6 matches.
2. Bluelegs has kicked at least one goal in all but one game this season.
3. Gralin is the only Demon to finish in the top three posters in all of our match threads.

This week we have the Hawkie Walkie Woozies. Or is it the Hawky Walky Woozies? One or the other.
Match thread is here

Round 16 links:
Team Selection
Pre-match
After-Match Summary

Deestroy Medal votes:
3 votes: moginie
2 votes: cats2rise
1 vote: sausageroll

Round 18 recap.png

https://sweetfa.plus/matches/3741

Top posters: Headless Gralin moginie sausageroll cats2rise
Top DT: Proper Gander Yakker Gralin sausageroll cats2rise cartwright

Gralin says:
With two games left in the season the Hawks and Dees were both fighting for a spot in the 8. Heartbreak awaited the Demons in the wet.

A 3 point loss where the Demons could only muster 5 different goal kickers. sausageroll had 4 Yakker continued a great season with 3 and 84 DT points, Proper Gander was best on ground with 3 and 86 DT points, cartwright kicked 2 and Gralin kicked 2

Off field activity was good again with Headless leading the way with 101 posts, Gralin moginie sausageroll and cats2rise again rounding out the top 5 among 18 active posters

sausageroll said:
View attachment 1998897

Our first loss in the rain this season. Our first game in the rain this season. Anything that has anything to do with clouds is bad for us.

DT stats were down as you'd expect, 140 below our previous low. Proper Gander seemed to love the conditions though, finishing with a solid score of 86, ahead of Yakker and Gralin also in the 80s.
The midfield of manangatang , cats2rise , Scythe94 and moginie all found the ball in the wet conditions, sending it forward where cooney and cartwright competed hard all day.

Goals were hard to come by. My run of inaccuracy continued, finishing with 4.3 while Yakker and Proper Gander showed me how to do it with 3.1 and 3.0 respectively. cartwright and Gralin both kicked two.

Posting totals were at their highest since Round 9 thanks mostly to the great week from Headless . Gralin was great as usual, and Larry Gomes made yet another appearance to help moginie celebrate his half century.
Proper Gander and cats2rise make any match thread better and this week was no exception. cooney also had his biggest week of the season. Yakker , manangatang , Wosh and Scythe94 all reached double figures. It was the first week since Round 10 where more than 10 Demons had more than 10 posts.
Johnny Karate made his first appearance for the season and it was great to see Hate in the match thread as well!

Random Stats:
1. Proper Gander scored her highest score of the season and had her first match in the top three.
2. Six Demons finished with single figures DT this week.
3. Seven Demons are all within three goals (14 - 17) in the battle for 3rd place in the goal scoring. Bluelegs is 2nd on 26.

This week we have a couple more milestones. cooney will play his 500th SFA and Demons match and Truetiger will play his 100th SFA game. We have The Warriors in a must win match if we want to play in finals. If we win we'll celebrate cartwright 's 50th in the first week of finals.

Round 16 links:
Team Selection
Pre-match
After-Match Summary

Deestroy Medal votes:
3 votes: Proper Gander
2 votes: Gralin
1 vote: Yakker

View attachment 2025934

The Club Award/Coaches’ Award celebrates a member of our little old team who has consistently contributed to team culture and helped out behind the scenes.

To present the award, here’s our dear coach Richard_Cranium:

[Richard_Cranium stumbles onto stage]

Ah, yes - thank you, coach. I might take it back from here, then.

The award goes - very deservedly - to sausageroll. sausageroll has been incredible for this club since crossing from the Furies in Season 24. Of sausageroll’s 543 games, 244 of them have now been at the Demons.

We’ve seen how good sausageroll is both on and off the field this season, but it’s the extra stuff that tips this award in snags’ favour. A long-term member of the leadership group, sausageroll readily contributes on all club matters, and sausageroll’s stats work this season (and previous seasons) has been - let’s be honest - absolutely nothing short of outstanding.

Thank you, sausageroll. This is a very, very well-deserved award. 👏
Fantastic choice

Oh, right! There's only one round of voting left, but I guess we should take a long intermission.
Yep. See you in 30 minutes. I'll go watch Costa

View attachment 2025945

The Poster of the Season Award (yes, I’m aware the graphic says “POTY”) was first introduced in Season 29 to acknowledge consistent and quality match-thread posting. It has since been won by club legends like Tarkyn_24, Callums_Guns, sante, and sausageroll.

We have, in my view, the best and deepest list in the entire league, so this is never an easy decision. But the winner of the award this season is none other than Gralin, who has led our match thread posting with distinction in Season 37.

Gralin averaged ~82 posts per match thread this season but, more importantly than raw numbers, all of Gralin’s posts are engaging, fun, and in the spirit of Sweet. For example, we all - teammates and opposition alike - enjoyed Gralin’s opposition match-up stats in match threads this season.

Gralin didn’t dip below 25 match thread posts for the entire season, demonstrating a wonderful level of consistency that we all appreciate.

Good on you, Gralin - winner of the Season 37 Poster of the Season Award. 🥳
Another most excellent choice. We are so lucky to have Gra, sossage and all our amazing team mates and friends.
Gralin is a future leader of this club, I have no doubt of that.

Eth Award.png

The Eth Award is named after official club Legend and premiership captain Eth. Eth played 178 games for Mount Buller from Season 12-21 inclusive. We hope dearly every day that Eth will one day return to our official playing ranks. :love:

Eth captained the club superbly in Seasons 16-20. What you might not know about Eth is that Eth finished in second place in the first ever beez Trophy, just 13 votes behind beez. We were, perhaps, very close to talking about the Eth Trophy every season.

This award was established in Season 22 to recognise everything great about this club and its contributors. The inaugural winners were Van_Dyke and Oddhawk. The winner is based on a 3-2-1 vote by the players.

Given the strength and stability of our list, you won’t be at all surprised to learn that this was an extremely close count, with a number of posters polling extremely strongly. But in the end, there was one winner, and I’m stoked to announce that the winner is - for a second time (also Season 35) - sausageroll!

Congratulations, sausageroll. Your Season 37 season was stellar - truly - and I’m glad it was recognised internally and externally. 🥳

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2025983

It’s currently awards week season-wide, so let’s take a look at some excellent Mount Buller achievements from Season 37!

On Monday, ClarkeM presented the Mobbs Medal, presented to the league B&F. moginie represented the Demons brilliantly, finishing in equal fifth place. manangatang also finished in the top 20 (=16th). Congratulations to both players!

On Wednesday, four of our players were awarded with All-Sweet FA honours, based on a combination of match thread posting and sim results throughout the season. This was very, very well-deserved recognition for Wosh (FB), Gralin (W), sausageroll (HFF), and moginie (Ro). Despite missing finals, no team was better represented on the night - well done, everybody.

I’d also like to acknowledge cooney, who was our fifth nomination and could easily have made the final side - we long argued for that outcome. In the end, cooney was backed by multiple teams, highlighting a great season. Well done, cooney, on another excellent season.

The beez Trophy will run this coming Monday. After an excellent posting season, we have some very solid top 20 contenders. moginie, sausageroll, and Gralin all finished in the top 25 of AnUltimateRessie's “Rate the Opposition” concept, demonstrating that opposition sides have enjoyed our posting - AS ALWAYS. 🤣 Further, our list is very nicely balanced and features a wide range of beloved posters - so Monday night will, hopefully, be another fruitful one for the Demons!

Before we move on to the final rounds of voting, congratulations everybody - the entire list - on yet another wonderful season.
Well said Headless. So many toadstools and fairies to share in this post.

Round 20 recap.png

Top posters: Gralin Wosh moginie sausageroll Headless
Top DT: cats2rise Truetiger PMBangers Proper Gander Gralin

Gralin says:
With their season on the line the Demons hosted the Warriors in Round 20 of the Coney Island clubs 20th Season. Unfortunately that coincidence did not go unnoticed by the qooty gods who apparently didn’t think cooney playing game 500 or Truetiger playing game 100 mattered as much.

Another wet, close game that saw the demons rueing inaccuracy where one more scoring shot translated into a 14 point loss. Truetiger tried to get the win kicking 2 and having the second most DT points with 83, cats2rise capped a stellar move to the wing leading the team with 92DT points and sausageroll kicked two chasing but ultimately falling just short of the fred.

Off field 19 Demons turned up to post in what turned out to be the last match thread of the year, Gralin led the way with 88 posts followed by Wosh on 72, moginie capped off a great season with 54 and sausageroll Headless rounded out the top 5

Gralin also says:
End of season posting numbers saw 4 posters average 50 or more and 10 average 10 or more.
The top 10 posters by average posts were
Gralin 82
Wosh 66
sausageroll 56
moginie 54
Headless 33
manangatang 19
cats2rise 18
cooney 13
Scythe94 12
Proper Gander 10

End of season DT numbers saw 5 players average 70+ points and 12 players average 50+
Scythe94 77.37
moginie 76.75
Gralin 76.12
manangatang 76.12
Hate 73.66
Yakker 62.87
cats2rise 61.68
sausageroll 59.5
cooney 58.37
Proper Gander 58.36
Truetiger 54.68
cartwright 53.87

End of Season Goal Scorers
20 Demons kicked a goal in Season 37
sausageroll 72
Bluelegs 26
sante 19
Yakker 16
Scythe94 15
manangatang 15
moginie 14
cooney 14
Gralin 13
Truetiger 9
PMBangers 9
Proper Gander 8
cartwright 7
Hate 2
cats2rise 2
DERO 2
Van_Dyke 2
DemonJim 2
Quivorir 2
Wosh 1

View attachment 2026003

Top posters: Gralin Wosh moginie sausageroll Headless
Top DT: cats2rise Truetiger PMBangers Proper Gander Gralin

Gralin says:
With their season on the line the Demons hosted the Warriors in Round 20 of the Coney Island clubs 20th Season. Unfortunately that coincidence did not go unnoticed by the qooty gods who apparently didn’t think cooney playing game 500 or Truetiger playing game 100 mattered as much.

Another wet, close game that saw the demons rueing inaccuracy where one more scoring shot translated into a 14 point loss. Truetiger tried to get the win kicking 2 and having the second most DT points with 83, cats2rise capped a stellar move to the wing leading the team with 92DT points and sausageroll kicked two chasing but ultimately falling just short of the fred.

Off field 19 Demons turned up to post in what turned out to be the last match thread of the year, Gralin led the way with 88 posts followed by Wosh on 72, moginie capped off a great season with 54 and sausageroll Headless rounded out the top 5

Gralin also says:
End of season posting numbers saw 4 posters average 50 or more and 10 average 10 or more.
The top 10 posters by average posts were
Gralin 82
Wosh 66
sausageroll 56
moginie 54
Headless 33
@manangantang 19
cats2rise 18
cooney 13
Scythe94 12
Proper Gander 10

End of season DT numbers saw 5 players average 70+ points and 12 players average 50+
Scythe94 77.37
moginie 76.75
Gralin 76.12
manangatang 76.12
Hate 73.66
Yakker 62.87
cats2rise 61.68
sausageroll 59.5
cooney 58.37
Proper Gander 58.36
Truetiger 54.68
cartwright 53.87

End of Season Goal Scorers
20 Demons kicked a goal in Season 37
sausageroll 72
Bluelegs 26
sante 19
Yakker 16
Scythe94 15
manangatang 15
moginie 14
cooney 14
Gralin 13
Truetiger 9
PMBangers 9
Proper Gander 8
cartwright 7
Hate 2
cats2rise 2
DERO 2
Van_Dyke 2
DemonJim 2
Quivorir 2
Wosh 1
Let it be known I was not responsible for this

1718964767245.png

Let it be known I was not responsible for this

View attachment 2026012
I can't believe you managed to see that in the 0.1 seconds it was there. I tried to post your stats with credit but the image didn't work for some reason, so I just removed entirely tehe!

View attachment 2025999

The Eth Award is named after official club Legend and premiership captain Eth. Eth played 178 games for Mount Buller from Season 12-21 inclusive. We hope dearly every day that Eth will one day return to our official playing ranks. :love:

Eth captained the club superbly in Seasons 16-20. What you might not know about Eth is that Eth finished in second place in the first ever beez Trophy, just 13 votes behind beez. We were, perhaps, very close to talking about the Eth Trophy every season.

This award was established in Season 22 to recognise everything great about this club and its contributors. The inaugural winners were Van_Dyke and Oddhawk. The winner is based on a 3-2-1 vote by the players.

Given the strength and stability of our list, you won’t be at all surprised to learn that this was an extremely close count, with a number of posters polling extremely strongly. But in the end, there was one winner, and I’m stoked to announce that the winner is - for a second time (also Season 35) - sausageroll!

Congratulations, sausageroll. Your Season 37 season was stellar - truly - and I’m glad it was recognised internally and externally. 🥳
Another well deserved recognition for our sausageroll 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
An absolute gem of a human, a huge asset to the club and great fun to play this game with on the anonymous online text-based football discussion forum bigfooty.com. 🤗

Deestroy Medal winners.png

And that leaves one thing: to officially award the Deestroy Medal.

Tied on 13 votes, the winners this season are moginie and sausageroll. moginie - top five in the Mobbs, All-Sweet FA representative, and posting extraordinaire. And sausageroll - second in the Fred, All-Sweet FA representative, and posting extraordinaire. What a superb duo to claim top honours this season.

In the end, it was a very close count, indeed. Congratulations also to Gralin in third, Scythe94 in fourth, and manangatang and cats2rise rounding out the top six.

Final leaderboard (top 10):

Deestroy Medal winners v2.png

NOTE: Had some minor tech issues with game-specific votes, so there may be inconsistencies somewhere, but I promise you - this is 100% the correct outcome. :whitecheck:

Thank you - snags.png

So, the official proceedings come to an end for Season 37. Thank you to each and every one of you for making Season 37 a memorable and enjoyable few months.

But a particularly big and heart-felt thank you to manangatang, who has decided to step down as captain at the end of this season.

mang has, genuinely, been nothing short of spectacular in the captaincy role since following in the footsteps of Yakker in Season 28. That’s 10 consecutive seasons of stability, thoughtfulness, and leadership, which would be close to a league record.

By my count, manangatang has been captain for 175 games, which is comfortably the most in the history of the club - the next best is Deestroy with 114. Given we are a foundation club and have been around since the very first season of the league, that’s a big deal.

I don’t have stats to back this up, but I’m going to contend that our list has been the most stable in the league - and also the most consistently engaged and excellent - over those 10 seasons. A very big portion of that is down to manangatang’s leadership.

mang led the club to just our third premiership in Season 31, when we deservedly triumphed over the Baghdad Bombers by 29 points. On field, it was the jewel of the modern Mount Buller outfit. But off field, in committee and privately, mang has been a terrific source of support for many of us.

On a personal level, thank you, mang, for making me laugh just SO VERY OFTEN :laughv1:, and for all of the support and counsel you’ve provided. The whole club (and league) appreciates what you’ve done for the Mount Buller Demons, and your successes will, I’m sure, continue for many seasons to come with the Demons. 🤗

View attachment 2026023

And that leaves one thing: to officially award the Deestroy Medal.

Tied on 13 votes, the winners this season are moginie and sausageroll. moginie - top five in the Mobbs, All-Sweet FA representative, and posting extraordinaire. And sausageroll - second in the Fred, All-Sweet FA representative, and posting extraordinaire. What a superb duo to claim top honours this season.

In the end, it was a very close count, indeed. Congratulations also to Gralin in third, Scythe94 in fourth, and manangatang and cats2rise rounding out the top six.

Final leaderboard (top 10):

NOTE: Had some minor tech issues with game-specific votes, so there may be inconsistencies somewhere, but I promise you - this is 100% the correct outcome. :whitecheck:
Woooooo perfect finish! I was really hoping mogs got something this season, he’s been huge on and off field and truly deserves to share this with sossage.
Awesome result 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Last edited:
Season 38.png

And so ends Mount Buller’s 37th season in the Sweet Football Association. Thank you once again to every single player for your efforts this season, and to sausageroll and Gralin for helping considerably with this B&F presentation.

I hope you enjoy the Grand Final this Sunday, and the Players’ Association MVP - beez Trophy on Monday. The new season begins in late July - keep an eye out before then for a shiny new team thread, because we’re going to WIN THE PREMIERSHIP and it would be great if EVERYBODY ENJOYED IT! :love:

Goodnight, everybody. See you soon for Season 38!

Major award recap:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons Season 37 Team Thread | Ice To See You

Remove this Banner Ad

Back