Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

This situation reminded me…
couple years ago at work I was serving a regular customer and he started asking me something about bra sizes (I suspect this man was perhaps an adult virgin)… I said I didn’t know anything about them but my girlfriend told me if I had to wear a bra I’d be a AA cup.
The next customer in line was asking why we didn’t stock many things by lesbian authors…

The next day we get a google review complaining that a staff member (me) was talking about inappropriate things regarding women’s bodies.

Moral of the story, some people are insanely easy to offend and believe you should be punished for offending them.

That is not to say there is not things that should not be called out. If I hear someone use a racial slur, or express views aligning with nazism, I generally feel quite offended … but that is a step further than a stupid joke and pretending to have sex with a blow up doll. That is what I would call rowdy behaviour which is pretty common at mad Monday type events. Maybe don’t work at a pub if you can’t stand rowdy behaviour? Like I mentioned earlier, I have a mate that works at a night club that every so often hosts gay orgies - staff are told about the event prior and know it’s part of the job, they aren’t exactly going to complain about having to watch 700 dudes going at it when they know what they signed up for.

What are you actually on about?

As Jim Spigelman (one of Australia's grreatest legal minds) once said, there is no right not to be offended. That is the very essence of free speech.

Want to use big words like reducive? Possibly the most reducive thing I have read on this thread is you saying the threshold for what is acceptable expression through soeech or behaviour is that if one person out of thousands or millions is offended, it crosses that threshold.

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

You're joking, right? You have to be joking.

Please be joking.

Companies sanctioning their employees for comments they make in their private life is a terrible thing, I don't know why you're arguing that. Imagine if u made a dumb joke with ur friends at home, would u want ur employer to get involved?
Why do you keep using it the analogy of being at home?

If this happened at a home, this thread wouldn't exist, you understand that right? The players can make dumb jokes at home. This didn't happen at home. It happened at a function in front of members of the public.

Liberal snowflake cucks ruin everything - I remember simpler times in the 90s where you could make 9/11 jokes as much as you wanted and no one would bat an eyelid or react
Lol. You tosser. Do you think the bar staff should have to put up with Toby Green's orgy fantasies?
You can still make 911 jokes btw.

Man what have they done to my country, can’t even dress up as a rapist and bring along a blow-up doll to represent the women/children they r*ped*

WOKE

* actually turns out you totally can, your employer just might not like it if you’re the public face of the organisation. Who knew. This country, gone to shit.

Do you people hear yourselves?
Do you hear yourself? Who are you trying to impress?

What are you actually on about?

As Jim Spigelman (one of Australia's grreatest legal minds) once said, there is no right not to be offended. That is the very essence of free speech.

Want to use big words like reducive? Possibly the most reducive thing I have read on this thread is you saying the threshold for what is acceptable expression through soeech or behaviour is that if one person out of thousands or millions is offended, it crosses that threshold.

This is a weird post. Are you sure that Spigelman used the double negative (no right not to be offended = right to be offended)?

And reducive isn't really a big word. Indeed, it isn't a word at all. Reductive is slightly bigger, but at least it's a real word. And you clearly don't understand it.

Of course there's a difference.

The example is in relation to the mythical notion that consequence for your words and actions is a new thing.

It's not. There has always been consequences for actions.
The difference is the unilateral nature of the response. If someone wants to take offence to something they can bring it to my attention, I may be persuaded and apologise, "it wasn't my intention to offend you, im sorry". Or they may not persuade me and I can tell them to **** off. Hell as you say someone may even hit you, at least you can respond to that, hit them back or respond in another way.

The difference is the AFL can just wave a magic wand, fine you with no notice of the offence you've committed, no fair and reasonable establishment of the offence and with no right of appeal.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dillon needs to resign with Kane.

At least Kane can speak somewhat eloquently but when Dillon speaks comes off as ******ed and is cringe.

This type of person should not be making moral judgements - no one made him the cultural minister nor anyone made him above anyone else.

What I am learning from this thread is is that at this year’s Xmas function I’m able to make a bunch of jokes about rape and pedophiles and my employer hasn’t got the right to do a damn thing about it.

Nice… I’m glad I can come to BigFooty for career advice!
If your fellow employees are solely 20-30 year old males who play football for a living then yes.

c26c4d1a2907ce9bec50e50fc5ab419b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
ummmm, wtf

This is a weird post. Are you sure that Spigelman used the double negative (no right not to be offended = right to be offended)?

And reducive isn't really a big word. Indeed, it isn't a word at all. Reductive is slightly bigger, but at least it's a real word. And you clearly don't understand it.
Yeah I think that's exactly what he said https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-11/spigelman-free-speech-hate-speech-balance/4420410

Yes typing with spellcheck turned off.

I might need to think about this more, but my first reaction is that Spigelman's double negative means you should be agreeing with, rather than refuting, the post you quoted.

And you really should turn on the spell-check ...
Well you're wrong. What he is saying is if someone asserts they have the right to not be offended, they are mistaken. They have no such right (if you believe in free speech)

Some people here don't know what "free speech" means. Free speech is the right to slag off at the government without having the police at your door to take you off for re-education. There have always been standards of acceptable behaviors and there's been times when community standards were tougher than they are today, and many of today's workplace standards are based on legislation that's decades old.

People saying there wasn't outrage twenty or thirty years ago should look back at the outrange generated by the Footy Show amongst some people pretty much from its first season.

Dillon needs to resign with Kane.

At least Kane can speak somewhat eloquently but when Dillon speaks comes off as ******ed and is cringe.

This type of person should not be making moral judgements - no one made him the cultural minister nor anyone made him above anyone else.
Thanks for your input skynews cooker show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back