Mundine vs Geale

Remove this Banner Ad

Mundine wins split decision

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25549152-5009280,00.html

Only big-name fighters will now be considered as opponents by Anthony Mundine after he claimed his third world boxing title on Wednesday night.

But one of Australia's most unheralded fighters went within a whisker of derailing Mundine's grand plans at Brisbane Entertainment Centre.

In the end, Mundine (36-3) had to pull out every trick in the book to claim underrated Daniel Geale's IBO world middleweight crown by a split decision in front of around 8000 people.

Mundine looked like having an early night after knocking Geale down at the start of the second of the scheduled 12, three minute rounds.

But Geale – a Sydney-based Tasmanian – recovered to hold his own against "The Man".

When the dust settled, the judges scored the fight 116-113 and 114-113 to Mundine while the other went to Geale 115-113.

It was the first loss in Geale's 22-fight professional career.

While Geale may not be one of the biggest names in Australian sport, Mundine rated him as the perfect springboard to "worldwide domination".

Mundine said he now only had "bigger fish to fry", considering only the likes of world middleweight champions Kelly Pavlik (WBC), Felix Sturm (WBA) and Arthur Abraham (IBF).

He scoffed at the idea of a rematch with Danny Green.

"I am going worldwide now, I'm looking at Pavlik, Sturm," Mundine said.

"But Daniel gave a harder fight than what they will.

"Daniel's a champion."

Despite being booed by the majority of the crowd, Mundine tried to launch a charm offensive, showering Geale with praise.

"I tell you what, he is one son of a gun," he said to the crowd.

"I knew it was going to be a hard fight.

"Some applause for Daniel, much respect and praise for you.

"It was a hard fight but I knew I was going to get it done."

But Mundine did win at least one fan. Australia cricketer Phil Hughes appeared in the ring as "The Man" celebrated his tight victory.

It was only Mundine's second fight as a middleweight.

Geale had questioned Mundine's decision to come down from super middleweight, saying it could blunt his power.

But Mundine still let off some thundering shots, especially the clever combination that floored Geale early in the second – only the fifth time he had been knocked down in his career.

Mundine tried to go for a quick kill but Geale regrouped.

"He probably surprised me a little bit that he wanted to go toe to toe but I was happy with that," Geale said.

"There are better fighters than Mundine around the world so I have to go back to gym, try even harder and come back better."

Apart from Hughes, the packed crowd also boasted the likes of former rugby league internationals Shane Webcke and Gorden Tallis and Brisbane Lions AFL stars Jonathan Brown and Simon Black.

Earlier, Sonny Bill Williams made a perfect – but brief – start to his professional boxing career.

Anyone who saw it, did Mundine struggle with the step down in weight?

Anyone who saw it, did Mundine struggle with the step down in weight?

He looked very gaunt. He is not a middleweight and would struggle against the natural middleweights IMO. Geale threw bunches of punches but Mundine had the skill to make him miss a hell of a lot. When Geale did land, he not being a big hitter, was not able to make his punches pay. Mundine would throw 1 or 2 punches after a Geale combo and generally land. They were cleaner punches and showed more sting. Mundine has always had good power but nowadays struggles to get leverage. Has not had a KO in while. Techhnically a good fight.

I havent watched a lot of boxing but i really enjoyed the fight last night. Geale was relentless in his pressure on Mundine and threw countless punches, but as one poster said, a lot of them were deflected off the gloves or ended as air swings. Geale would have lost no admirers, he started with high intensity and was still stepping into Mundine after 12 rounds. I don't like Mundine but he absolutely had a class edge on Geale and that was the difference. Great fight and the crowd got their money worth. :thumbsu:

does anyone know what the ibo stands for. mundine wont beat anyone from outside of australia. the fighters in america will make him look like mince meat, he has glass jaw and once someone connects he is out like a light

Presumably it stands for International Boxing Organisation.

Technically he can now call himself a world champion despite the fact it's an IBO belt, although I'm sure he'll be telling everyone he is a three time world champ :rolleyes:

Have you forgotten about Antwun Echols ;)

LOL Mundine trying to convince us that IBO= World Champion.
Get out of Oz and fight someone decent allready.

Convince "Us"?! Who's us? I no more regard the IBO than I do the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO, WBF or the IBO. FWIW Lennox Lewis was the IBO heavyweight champion of the world.

I have said it before and I will say it again because Mundine is a mouth who alienates lots of people he is no more or less a title holder than all the others around the world who hold a version of a title. There are few linear claims these days.

And what does "Get out of Oz and fight someone decent allready" mean?
Some of you are going to have realise that he is a pro boxer and like all smart pros he goes where the money is. He can mouth off and upset you all he likes but while he is getting paid he will take the cash and that is what counts about the world of pro boxing.

Entourage upstages 'The Man' on fight night
AAP
May 28, 2009 07:53pm
AS always, Anthony Mundine claimed he was confident all along that he would win.
But his overflowing entourage clearly was not, judging by the intimidating tactics used during the absorbing fight with IBO world middleweight champion Daniel Geale at Brisbane on Wednesday night.

Mundine claimed he wanted to "conquer the world" and would consider only big name - and even bigger money - overseas bouts after a split points decision over a gracious Geale.

But experienced onlookers doubted whether "The Man" would be able to fight overseas without being disqualified if his supporters repeated Wednesday night's antics outside of Australia.

As one respected ringside observer said after Mundine claimed his third world title: "They are not going to be able to get away with that overseas".

Some of the larger members of Mundine's 15-strong entourage took their place either side of one judge - Englishman Marcus McConnell - during the fight.

If that wasn't enough, they shamelessly looked at the score cards as McConnell handed them to officials at the end of each round - and abused him if they didn't agree.

Another person could clearly be heard swearing at McConnell from Mundine's corner after receiving score updates from his offsiders, even hinting at a conspiracy when a round didn't go to "The Man".

"They've got a plan, it's all part of their plan," he said.

Blind panic set in at Mundine's corner as scores came through near the end of the 12 round fight - and then it really got ugly.

One member of Mundine's entourage stood over McConnell and hurled abuse at the judge when he saw that he awarded Geale the 10th round, calling him "racist".

He had obviously forgotten that Geale was also an indigenous boxer - mind you, the Aboriginal flag embroidered into his boxing trunks sort of gave it away.

"Tell Choc (Mundine) to get busy, they (judges) are going to rob him," the Team Mundine member said after looking at the scorecard.

One newspaper journalist sitting next to a clearly unimpressed McConnell had had enough by this stage.

"You can't talk to a judge like that," the reporter said.

Enraged, the "Team Mundine" member then let rip at the bemused reporter.

The same Mundine "supporter" was seen in the dressing rooms afterwards saying he later apologised to McConnell "because we won, but if we hadn't ..."

By this stage, Mundine had morphed into "The Man" as he sat on a huge black chair in the dressing room corner like a throne.

"This guy was fighting when I was lacing up boots (in rugby league)," Mundine said.

"He had a prestigious amateur background, 160 fights, Commonwealth Games gold medallist - I took it up in 2000 with four fights in my kit.

"Now c'mon, who is the best? Don't be naive. Just tell people the truth."

It was in stark contrast to the scenes in Geale's camp.

Geale was philosophical about his first professional loss.

The Sydney-based Tasmanian recovered well from a second round knockdown - just the fifth of his 22-fight career - to give Mundine, and his entourage, a real scare.

"That flash knockdown worried me. It may have swayed things a little bit," Geale said.

"But you've got to sit back and let the judges do their job."

If only Mundine's entourage had.

Interesting....

Convince "Us"?! Who's us? I no more regard the IBO than I do the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO, WBF or the IBO. FWIW Lennox Lewis was the IBO heavyweight champion of the world.

I have said it before and I will say it again because Mundine is a mouth who alienates lots of people he is no more or less a title holder than all the others around the world who hold a version of a title. There are few linear claims these days.

And what does "Get out of Oz and fight someone decent allready" mean?
Some of you are going to have realise that he is a pro boxer and like all smart pros he goes where the money is. He can mouth off and upset you all he likes but while he is getting paid he will take the cash and that is what counts about the world of pro boxing.
Lol surely you can not be serious. WBA,WBC,WBO and IBF is what is required for a unified champ and those four are universely acknowledged as the only worthy world title belt.
And it is you that has to realise that most of the greats in any sport cared about their legacy as much as they did about money.
And in any case,Mundine fighting the likes of Pavlick,Sturm,Abraham,Froch,Kessler (2nd time) Bute, etc. would bring him more cash than Geale.And in the event of victory,fame thus much more cash.

Lol surely you can not be serious. WBA,WBC,WBO and IBF is what is required for a unified champ and those four are universely acknowledged as the only worthy world title belt.

The alphabet boys have ruined the sport in that the vast majority no longer know who the world champ is. When I was young I at least knew that Hagler was the middleweight champ. Now we have Abraham IBF, Pavlik WBO & WBC and Sturm WBA. We will not even bother with the other baubles. Those four organisations have been around a lot longer than the others but IBO did gain some cred for having Lewis as champ. When I was a young bloke IBF was sneered at. Now creditible? There you go! The boxing public usuelly know who is the best. When Lewis had that IBO belt it did not matter. He was the best in the world, the champion. What belt does the Pacman have at this point in time? Now there's a fighter who needs no crap belts to prove his greatness.

And it is you that has to realise that most of the greats in any sport cared about their legacy as much as they did about money.

I don't have to realise anything bro. I have never said that Mundine was anything other than a good fighter with world class skills. In my youth he would have been "a contender." As far as great middleweights go the best I have ever seen in Hagler and Mundine is not worthy to carry his kit bag.

And in any case,Mundine fighting the likes of Pavlick,Sturm,Abraham,Froch,Kessler (2nd time) Bute, etc. would bring him more cash than Geale.And in the event of victory,fame thus much more cash.

I have to differ with you on this. Mundine is a nothing overseas. He would earn not as much as he would if fighting at home. He goes with the cash and he, Mundine, can mouth platitudes as to his own greatness all he likes, but in the end he is getting the likes of me and others to pay $50 on PPV each time he goes out to bat just to see him get bowled over. His greatness is not as a boxer but as a business man. I say good luck to him on that. May he not end up like an old boxer that I used to know who took too many hits for **** all money and nowadays punches at his shadows.

The alphabet boys have ruined the sport in that the vast majority no longer know who the world champ is. When I was young I at least knew that Hagler was the middleweight champ. Now we have Abraham IBF, Pavlik WBO & WBC and Sturm WBA. We will not even bother with the other baubles. Those four organisations have been around a lot longer than the others but IBO did gain some cred for having Lewis as champ. When I was a young bloke IBF was sneered at. Now creditible? There you go! The boxing public usuelly know who is the best. When Lewis had that IBO belt it did not matter. He was the best in the world, the champion. What belt does the Pacman have at this point in time? Now there's a fighter who needs no crap belts to prove his greatness.

I don't have to realise anything bro. I have never said that Mundine was anything other than a good fighter with world class skills. In my youth he would have been "a contender." As far as great middleweights go the best I have ever seen in Hagler and Mundine is not worthy to carry his kit bag.

I have to differ with you on this. Mundine is a nothing overseas. He would earn not as much as he would if fighting at home. He goes with the cash and he, Mundine, can mouth platitudes as to his own greatness all he likes, but in the end he is getting the likes of me and others to pay $50 on PPV each time he goes out to bat just to see him get bowled over. His greatness is not as a boxer but as a business man. I say good luck to him on that. May he not end up like an old boxer that I used to know who took too many hits for **** all money and nowadays punches at his shadows.

IBO has NO credibility full stop.Just look at Mundine's opossition.You can jump on to one of the worldwide boxing sites and start a thread about IBO and then sit back and read the replies you will get from all four corners of the world.
There was an article yesterday in the Herald Sun pointing out how Mundine could have been making triple the money if he was more humble and respectfull. So much for him being a great businessman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IBO has NO credibility full stop.Just look at Mundine's opossition. You can jump on to one of the worldwide boxing sites and start a thread about IBO and then sit back and read the replies you will get from all four corners of the world.
There was an article yesterday in the Herald Sun pointing out how Mundine could have been making triple the money if he was more humble and respectfull. So much for him being a great businessman
Utter bullwash...... do you have a link?

IMO, anyone who says:

"I really feel that it's not our problem. They call it an act of
terrorism but if you understand the religion and our way of life it's
not about terrorism, it's about fighting for God's laws and America's
brought it upon themselves (for) what they've done in history and so
on."

...is NOT a champion and would be too scared to fight in the USA. He has only ever fought twice overseas (I don't count New Zealand as overseas where he had one fight!) in 39 fights. He is a big fish in a small pond and doesn't want to risk it. He fought Echols for the vacant belt after Ottke was upgraded. Anyone who has to call themselves "The Man", is NOT !!!

IBO has NO credibility full stop.Just look at Mundine's opossition.You can jump on to one of the worldwide boxing sites and start a thread about IBO and then sit back and read the replies you will get from all four corners of the world.

Fan sites talk rot. Just look at big footy. I am not keen to get into a debate with you on credibility in boxing but I will ask again. Who is the middleweight champion of the world? The bloke from the WBA, WBC, WBO or the IBF?
I have been watching and reading about boxing for along time. I have heard it all before. I am not, I repeat NOT, calling the IBO creditable but then I do not particularly find the others creditable. I have read too many items on them to even care as to their credibility to be frank. As to Mundines opposition I have discussed that around here before and I am not going to convince you of anything so I will not bother.

There was an article yesterday in the Herald Sun pointing out how Mundine could have been making triple the money if he was more humble and respectfull. So much for him being a great businessman.

I would like to see the HS item. If you don't believe me on this ask any promoter or manager of a fighter but the facts are that Mundine earns money that boxers of similar ability world wide can only dream of. The money that he earns and generates for himself, and occasionally, his opponent is up there. Geale's purse was $250,000 for this fight and I would be willing to guess that that is $200,000 more than any previous fight. In fact I would suggest that he would not have got more than $30,000. I had an acquaintance years back that managed a fighter called Nic Taumafeu in the early 90's. He was purely an opponent. I was there the night he cried his eyes out in a changing room after being knocked out fighting for a QLD title. He earnt shyte mate even though it was a sell-out, a full house. Nothing has changed. Unless you are at the very top or a very good self promoter (Mundine) your purses are shyte.
No more people would watch Mundine if he was humble or whatever. Why the public like or watch a fighter is beyond me. I was a booster for Darchinyan to all my friends and none of them ever bothered watching him. Why? Tzsyu they did. Why?

You, me and anyone else can despise Mundine all we like but the reality is that he generates money at home that he would not overseas. I would suggest that if he went to Germany to fight Sturm he would be lucky to get a million at this point in time. He was on PPV around the country the other night at $50 a pop. It was reportedly the 2nd biggest PPV in Australia with the biggest being his fight v Green. He reportedly earned 6 million in the ring the year he fought Green. If the HS made comments about him earning that due to humbleness I reckon that that is an opinion based on nothing but an opinion. If he had been a nice little fair dinkum Aussie IMO he would not even have an audience. No one watched Harding and he was as Aussie as they come. Drank beer and surfed. 5 of us watched Mundine the other night. 2, me and a mate were neutral, our wives and our other mate all wanted to see him fall. If he had a humble I reckon only me and the mrs would have watched it. You know why? Because after his loss to Siaca he would have been lucky to fill a telephone box.

Fan sites talk rot. Just look at big footy. I am not keen to get into a debate with you on credibility in boxing but I will ask again. Who is the middleweight champion of the world? The bloke from the WBA, WBC, WBO or the IBF?
I have been watching and reading about boxing for along time. I have heard it all before. I am not, I repeat NOT, calling the IBO creditable but then I do not particularly find the others creditable. I have read too many items on them to even care as to their credibility to be frank. As to Mundines opposition I have discussed that around here before and I am not going to convince you of anything so I will not bother.

I would like to see the HS item. If you don't believe me on this ask any promoter or manager of a fighter but the facts are that Mundine earns money that boxers of similar ability world wide can only dream of. The money that he earns and generates for himself, and occasionally, his opponent is up there. Geale's purse was $250,000 for this fight and I would be willing to guess that that is $200,000 more than any previous fight. In fact I would suggest that he would not have got more than $30,000. I had an acquaintance years back that managed a fighter called Nic Taumafeu in the early 90's. He was purely an opponent. I was there the night he cried his eyes out in a changing room after being knocked out fighting for a QLD title. He earnt shyte mate even though it was a sell-out, a full house. Nothing has changed. Unless you are at the very top or a very good self promoter (Mundine) your purses are shyte.
No more people would watch Mundine if he was humble or whatever. Why the public like or watch a fighter is beyond me. I was a booster for Darchinyan to all my friends and none of them ever bothered watching him. Why? Tzsyu they did. Why?

You, me and anyone else can despise Mundine all we like but the reality is that he generates money at home that he would not overseas. I would suggest that if he went to Germany to fight Sturm he would be lucky to get a million at this point in time. He was on PPV around the country the other night at $50 a pop. It was reportedly the 2nd biggest PPV in Australia with the biggest being his fight v Green. He reportedly earned 6 million in the ring the year he fought Green. If the HS made comments about him earning that due to humbleness I reckon that that is an opinion based on nothing but an opinion. If he had been a nice little fair dinkum Aussie IMO he would not even have an audience. No one watched Harding and he was as Aussie as they come. Drank beer and surfed. 5 of us watched Mundine the other night. 2, me and a mate were neutral, our wives and our other mate all wanted to see him fall. If he had a humble I reckon only me and the mrs would have watched it. You know why? Because after his loss to Siaca he would have been lucky to fill a telephone box.
We talk on bigfooty lol. There is no unified champion so you can't say anything with certainty, i'll give you that. But if you were to say who you think is the true champ it would be a boxer from WBA,WBC,WBO or IBF.Personally i think Abraham.
My PC skills are that of a begginer so i don't know how to atach a link of the HS but surely it can't be that hard to find. The agent was claiming that Mundine makes about 2 million a year but misses out on a lot of sponsors because of his character.
The Green fight was a one off, a fight that all of Australia wanted to see so the money made does not really represent the average Mundine income.I would think his latest purse would be the norm.There is a guy from up your way by the name of Katsidis. He fights the best guys he can get and the yanks absolutely love him cos he is fearless. He made over 1 million in his last fight against Chavez even though coming from 2 losses against Cassamayor and baby bull Diaz.Almost every one of his fights is a FOTY contender.So what i'm saying is that you can live your dream,fight the best and make heaps of cash along the way.
You know what the saddest thing is? Mundine has the tools to beat any of the current Champs on his day( maybe with the exception of Kessler.)But we will never know.

I have tried to find the item you mentioned but am unable to find it. IMO it is conjecture though. If Mundine is making 2 million a year by fighting in Australia, and please trust me on this, that is sensational money. I suspect that he may have made that on his fight the other night when all the PPV are counted up.

As to Katsidis I actually caught him fight when he was a lot younger. Very much a walk up fighter then and I have since seen him fight in the box since. The fight v Earl stands out. Takes a few to land one and that is a recipe for a short career. I have no idea as to his earnings but if he made a million in a fight in the US good luck to him. Also his style suits there love of the fight as opposed to a boxing match. They like that crash bang walk up style but remember that once the career ends thats it. No more pay days. Mundine has sustained his career for a while now. A rare beast.

As to the specific Champion of the world per weight division The Ring magazine was once considered the upholder of Linear champions. They have Pavlik as the Linear champ. That holds a bit of weight in the industry. If Mundine wants greatness he has to beat him IMO. Wiki lists them
Makes an interesting list with no WBC's etc getting a look in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Ring_world_champions

I think John is spot on regarding the money side of it. Mundine is a very smart media manipulator and he is getting money like you wouldn't believe, especially for a guy who, let's be honest, isn't a particularly brilliant talent. he's a very solid boxer, a smart boxer at that who will likely be one of the 1% of boxers who leave the ring with his brain cells, his health, and a shitload of money.

FWIW Nedal Hussein and Vic Darchinyan are probably better boxers than Mundine at their weight, and they've fought better boxers at their weight. But they wouldn't have one tenth of what Mundine has money wise. Put together.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

That said, there are still amazing boxers out there, its just harder to work out who they are sometimes. I mean, you can't tell me Pacquiao isn't one of the greatest of all time, regardless of the health of the sport or the organisational structure.

I think John is spot on regarding the money side of it. Mundine is a very smart media manipulator and he is getting money like you wouldn't believe, especially for a guy who, let's be honest, isn't a particularly brilliant talent. he's a very solid boxer, a smart boxer at that who will likely be one of the 1% of boxers who leave the ring with his brain cells, his health, and a shitload of money.

Glad you agree Karl as I think I am spot on as well. I found this item today and it worth a read.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4248/more-money-than-meets-the-eye-in-the-ufc.mma

This quote alone
According to state records, Hopkins and Calzaghe were each paid $3 million for their work. The next highest-paid fighter on that card was Audley Harrison, who made $20,000. There were nine fighters who made $5,000 or less, including two men, Marcos Mendias and Jermell Charlo, who made but $1,500.

Pacquiao made $3 million and Marquez $1 million for their epic rematch, but there were five fighters of the 14 on that show who made $3,500 or less.
So in one of the biggest matches in the history of the sport, Hopkins and Calzaghe each "only" get 3 million US and the undercard fighters get shyte to get their heads bashed in for our entertainment. They also have to pay approximately a third to the manager and a third to the trainer. Sparring partners anybody?

As I say Mundine is not as stupid as some make him out to be. I reckon that that HS item was written by someone who does not know the fight game.

FWIW Nedal Hussein and Vic Darchinyan are probably better boxers than Mundine at their weight, and they've fought better boxers at their weight. But they wouldn't have one tenth of what Mundine has money wise. Put together.
I doubt Nedal Hussein has made 1/50th of what Vic has made let alone Mundine. Not sure I agree that Nedal Hussein is a better boxer than Mundine but that is a matter of opinion.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

That said, there are still amazing boxers out there, its just harder to work out who they are sometimes. I mean, you can't tell me Pacquiao isn't one of the greatest of all time, regardless of the health of the sport or the organisational structure.

Pacman is something special but does any one know about the long count he had when he fought Hussein Hussein? Luck is sometimes the name of the game. As to pacmans earnings I would have thought that his biggest pay day would have been against De la Hoya. That bloke generated some amazing money. I guess that is why so many wanted to fight him.

Mundine to fight in a country he said deserved what happened to them on 9/11?

i dont think so, Mundine is going nowhere while Australia keeps shoving $$$ down his throat.

Glad you agree Karl as I think I am spot on as well. I found this item today and it worth a read.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4248/more-money-than-meets-the-eye-in-the-ufc.mma

This quote alone
So in one of the biggest matches in the history of the sport, Hopkins and Calzaghe each "only" get 3 million US and the undercard fighters get shyte to get their heads bashed in for our entertainment. They also have to pay approximately a third to the manager and a third to the trainer. Sparring partners anybody?

As I say Mundine is not as stupid as some make him out to be. I reckon that that HS item was written by someone who does not know the fight game.

I doubt Nedal Hussein has made 1/50th of what Vic has made let alone Mundine. Not sure I agree that Nedal Hussein is a better boxer than Mundine but that is a matter of opinion.

Pacman is something special but does any one know about the long count he had when he fought Hussein Hussein? Luck is sometimes the name of the game. As to pacmans earnings I would have thought that his biggest pay day would have been against De la Hoya. That bloke generated some amazing money. I guess that is why so many wanted to fight him.

Well most young black inner city youth in the US don't go for boxing anymore, they'd rather play basketball or NFL because the money is substantially better and they're much safer sports to play long term.

I mean, if you took Shaquille O'Neal when he was 10 and had him boxing instead of shooting hoops there's no doubt he'd be one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time - you'd have a 7 foot 2 monster who moves quicker than most 6 footers.

The athletic talent is all still there, but they don't like boxing because of the shocking treatment of the athletes. That's why most boxers tend to come from countries or communities where there ins't much else open to them. I mean yeah, Pacman is a beast, but he ran away from home at 12 to become a labourer. I mean, getting punched a bit for millions is attractive to people from those places. But it is no longer a viable option for even the poorest people in the US, Australia or Britain unless they have a familial connection to the sport imo. Mayweather Junior even admitted he wouldn't have chosen boxing if his father and uncle weren't boxers and he's an outstanding boxer at that.

It is pretty insane that Calzaghe and Hopkins only got 3 mil, I mean its ridiuclously low, the prices for the undercard guys, but you're talking about Calzaghe and Hopkins, two of the greats. And 3 mil is all they can get? It's pretty piss poor for a sport that involves copping repeated blows to the head from guys who are trained to hit people in the head.

Hence, most of the talent coming through doesn't resonate with western audiences as much unless they get in our face (like Mundine or Mayweather) or build up a following as a working class type (like Hatton or Pacquiao).

Unfortuantely in bioxing, you've either got to have an amazing story behind you, or be a complete dick. Otherwise nobody cares. Or have the baby face looks of De La Hoya. But its all about marketing more than fighting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mundine vs Geale

Remove this Banner Ad

Back