Myths that annoy you?

Remove this Banner Ad

-That Matthew Lloyd has only kicked so many goals because he dives and recieves soft free kicks. I'm not saying he has not dived, and he had a real patch a few years ago when he would not keep his feet. But anyone who keeps feeding this grossly overplayed myth is selling a champion short.

-Have heard a few people suggest that Buddy is a one season wonder. I think this will be disproven also.

That Freo could have drafted Mathew Lloyd and that we "traded" Andrew McCleod away.
And that West Coast don't care about winning the Derby. Last I checked it was 4 points and every team wants 4 points every week.
That every team wants 4 points every week. Particularly when they already have 16 and are looking at a pre-first-round priority pick.

Yeah I'm sure that's what it was :rolleyes:

He leads the competition for effective disposals in front of Ablett, Selwood and Mitchell.. and none of this is any surprise to those that have been watching him for the last 3 years

No point arguing. Ignorance is bliss for people on BigFooty. Experts in the AFL, and former players view him as elite, yet some morons on here don't.

As far as I'm concerned, the views of these former AFL players and experts matter more, and they see Dane Swan as an elite AFL player.

That any player "deserves" a Premiership (or Brownlow)

Noone deserves anything unless they're team plays and wins the GF.

Steven Bradbury didnt "deserve" his gold medal?
Everyone else fell over, except him. So he was the best, therefore he "deserved" it.

I say that cause Hawthorn being the "Bradbury Premiers" is bullshit.
They were the best team when it counted. So they deserved every bit of it.

Essendon supporters saying that Tayte Pears is a chance for the rising star. Daniel Rich is a mile ahead of him. And he's also leading the reverse Coleman. I think he is going to be a good player, and i realise he's better than most of Carltons young players. But come on.

That any player "deserves" a Premiership (or Brownlow)

Noone deserves anything unless they're team plays and wins the GF.

Steven Bradbury didnt "deserve" his gold medal?
Everyone else fell over, except him. So he was the best, therefore he "deserved" it.

I say that cause Hawthorn being the "Bradbury Premiers" is bullshit.
They were the best team when it counted. So they deserved every bit of it.

Essendon supporters saying that Tayte Pears is a chance for the rising star. Daniel Rich is a mile ahead of him. And he's also leading the reverse Coleman. I think he is going to be a good player, and i realise he's better than most of Carltons young players. But come on.
Essendon supporters do have a habit of pumping up their own players a bit so i guess thats something youve got to get used to on these forums

Not sure if it counts as a myth but "Tanking doesn't happen".

And "no club has won a Premiership with a priority pick".

Joel Selwood gets alot of high tackles cos he goes in head first. He's a smart player and knows when to lower his body so the tackler gets him head high. Not ducking but bend the knees a little.

Not sure if it counts as a myth but "Tanking doesn't happen".

And "no club has won a Premiership with a priority pick".

Joel Selwood gets alot of high tackles cos he goes in head first. He's a smart player and knows when to lower his body so the tackler gets him head high. Not ducking but bend the knees a little.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, more than likely it is a duck.

mic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Lane has any more credibility as a barracking commentator than Eddie did.

There isn't a kindergarten playground around somewhere with more original/inspiring thought in it than the likes of Bruce, Bob Walls, SOS and co. produce on TV every week.

Robert Walls isn't vindictive about teams that may have lost him money (pies GF team, 2003).

The rules committee doesn't feel compelled to justify their existence by continually tooling around with the rules in a way that closely resembles a group of hair splitting geriatrics disecting the most effective formula for laxatives.

There is a 'dropping the ball' rule.

The AFL is a well run, highly professional organisation that doesn't have more in common with The Office than is immediately obvious.

That St kilda should do well because of all their priority picks

Melbourne, West Coast, Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Western Bulldogs and Freo have all had as many or more priority picks than St Kilda.

That possession stats are the most important thing. In particular, Ablett. Talented guy, sure. No doubt about it. But 40 possessions doesn't mean a lot when he's a guy that so often handpasses off unnecessarily in order to receive the 1-2 and balloon his stats.

That Ablett gets half of his touches from 1-2 handballs every game.

That one in every three Collingwood supporters has missing teeth. The real figure is 1 in 2.

That there are guernsey clashes among traditional clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Myths that annoy you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back