Myths that annoy you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Colbert marked that ball.

Would have kicked the goal as he was a gun back then.

Would have put the cats 3+ goals up going into 3 quarter time.

There is a good chunk of truth to that myth champ.

It was one clear wrong decision, but just as bad as...

...a mark not paid to Modra at the same end, nevermind a goal credited to Ronnie Burns that came off Mark Bickley's leg

That when the wind is blowing your way, it can provide a "3-4 goal advantage." Maybe in yesteryear, where football was much more along the lines of "get the ball and kick it as long as you can towrds the goal," but these days i think a breeze going in your direction can be just as troublesome as one going against you.

Also the myth that wet weather brings sides closer together, when all it does is accentuate the superior team's better skills.

That Chris Judd is a dangerous forward. Whenever Juddy rests inside the frowardline, the commentators go into melt down and state how dangerous he is as a forward. When has he ever kicked a bag of goals playing predominantly as a forward?? He's dangerous as a player full stop but most of his goals have come from playing midfield.

Dale Thomas is a flashy, soft, showpony of a footballer that only kicks the "miracle" goals in junktime.

Bad call swiftdog. He is soft and only gets attention because of the media campaign run by Collingwood and encouraged by the Herald Sun.

Myths:

Richmond are the only team that turn on their own.
Richmond are fickle supporters.
Richo is a shocking kick for goal.

Myth 1:
Justin Westhoff is about 37kgs and can be pushed off the ball simply by blowing on him.

He's not the most physical forward, he's never going to be the gorilla CHF type, but he's not the twig he was, he's stronger than he looks and he knows how to use his body. He's currently not really in form, but it's got nothing to do with his size.

Myth 2:
Warren Tredrea is the biggest w***er to ever set foot on a football field.

Seriously, I understand why some don't like Chad, but Tredders cops it from everywhere despite the fact that he's a great bloke and a pillar of the community. He's never so much as been reported, never been involved in anything untoward off field, donates his media prizes to charity, and you'll struggle to find someone who has met him off field saying a bad word about him.

That Franklin and Fevola don't work hard defensively whereas Riewoldt and Jonathan Brown do.

2009 tackles:

Franklin 35
Fevola 35
Riewoldt 33
Brown 13!

Just bullshit media perception based on how they like to portray charismatic players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Franklin and Fevola don't work hard defensively whereas Riewoldt and Jonathan Brown do.

2009 tackles:

Franklin 35
Fevola 35
Riewoldt 33
Brown 13!

Just bullshit media perception based on how they like to portray charismatic players.

I think you'll find St Kilda and Brisbane have dominated possession so much that Brown and Riewoldt haven't had the chance to lay as many tackles.

Myth 1:
Justin Westhoff is about 37kgs and can be pushed off the ball simply by blowing on him.

He's not the most physical forward, he's never going to be the gorilla CHF type, but he's not the twig he was, he's stronger than he looks and he knows how to use his body. He's currently not really in form, but it's got nothing to do with his size.

hopefully the umps learn from this post and his acting performance tonight.

as for Tredders, your right but he made his own bed and now he has to sleep in it. That Telephone thing and the bowing really destroyed his reputation to supporters I reckon.

That diet coke is better for you than normal coke.........shits me everytime i think about it

Throw in your 'Blonde' beers with that. About 3 water biscuits difference between them and any normal lager.

On topic though - although this perception is now finally changing - that port Adelaide Power only existed from 1997 onwards.

I think that's a statistic that Champion Data should look at (if they don't already). Anyone can bump up their accuracy by getting on the end of a few passes in the goal square. What would be more interesting would be accuracy on set shots from inside 40m, 40-50m and 50+, as well as set shots from various angles. I don't think it's an accurate portrayal to say Player X has kicked 65 goals 35 points, so he has a 65% accuracy, failing to recognise that he hasn't made the distance 20 times and has put it out on the full 25 times.

yeah i remember channel 9 had the little diagram of the 50 thats showed players accuracy in i think about 6 different places would be very interesting to see fevs one.

not really a myth but annoying that all the people who gave Carlton crap for the 'fab four' article when in reality it was James Hird who wrote the article

That Chris Judd is a dangerous forward. Whenever Juddy rests inside the frowardline, the commentators go into melt down and state how dangerous he is as a forward. When has he ever kicked a bag of goals playing predominantly as a forward?? He's dangerous as a player full stop but most of his goals have come from playing midfield.

he kicked a bag of 5 for the eagles in his second year at the gabba against brisbane in their prime but hasnt shown it as of yet for us

On topic though - although this perception is now finally changing - that port Adelaide Power only existed from 1997 onwards.

Oh this old pickle, but i actually understand the situation, unlike alot of others, but for the record then i would like a Power fan to annouce that if you have that history, then the Port Adelaide Magpies began in 1997 and have no history before that

Remove this Banner Ad

Myths that annoy you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back