Nab Challenge 4 vs Essendon Morwell 3.30 sat

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong at all with Lance Uppercut's comments on this board. I would prefer if all opposition supporters were more like him and respect other teams boards.

In saying that, Riewoldt and Morton are better than any Essendon forwards. Prooven Fact!
In the last 2 seasons, Roo and Morton have kicked around 70 goals between them each year. Not one forward from Essendon has this ability.

Hurley = KPD (plays up forward a bit - Only played one season, cannot say hes better than tigers forwards)
Gumbleton = Hasn't shown anything to the ability of morton and roo. struggles to get on the park.
Ryder = Midfield/Ruck (Not a forward)
Neagle = DUD! WTF? Equivalent to Schulz.

As I said and you obviously agree Deledio " could " be a star, Cotchin is a gun and could be top 10 % , and Martin could be anything , not downing your players because collectively last season I think you achieved way beyond expectation . I just don't see any players individually within your side who could match any of these 3 if they were to reach similar levels of their potential !

Hurley and Ryder have the potential to be top ten players in the competition. Especially Hurley.

Two things for me deledio7 if possible;

- Inside 50 entry and how Polak goes specifically. Does he get the main defender?
- Centre clearances.

Ta.
Firstly on the inside 50's. It was nothing short of horrific. Our entry into the 50 was unbelievably bad and I question what the players have been told by the coaching staff. It was just bomb it in long and on most occasions Jack was competing against 2 or 3 Bombers. Must improve in this area.

Centre clearances were pretty good actually. Martin is great in this area and had a heap in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Lids had a couple of really exciting clearances aswell. We did though have Thomson and Jackson make Tuck like decisions and just skiy the ball forward which wasn't effective.
deledio7, I'd like you to go to town on Lids. We all know the level of talent this guy has, but there is something holding him back. Maybe it's his confidence, maybe he doesn't understand how good he could be. Is it the tag that we know he's had issues with before?

The other thing for me is Gourdis. I like him a lot, and reackon he's a massive addition to the side having seen him with Coburg and against the Hawks.

Thanks mate, have a good drive, and a good game.

Lids was alright today. The game was really congested so I don't think it really suited him. He probably had 20-25 touches and did some really good things. Still think he can impact games alot more and I'm sure he will with some support.

Gourdis impressed yet again. Playing in a backline under extreme pressure he handled it better than anyone. Has to be elevated, that's all there is too it.

...was at churchill last tuesday and the weather was beautiful...have a good trip and hope the tigers turn it on for you...appreciate your going and making a match report...more kudos to you..:thumbsu:...if its not too late could you keep an eye... on farmer/webberly/simmonds...and give us an indication on how the kick out structures are progressing...:thumbsu:...
...oh and dont forget to have a celebratory pie and sauce at trafalger...:D...

Webberly didn't play unfortunately. Farmer was solid. Didn't do alot but his opponent wasn't overly influential. Mitch is the type of player we need and I think he's a monty to line up round 1.

Simmo was terrible. I hoped he could improve in 2010 after an injury interrupted couple of seasons but it's not looking good. Just too slow and makes terrible decisions.

Kick outs were a disaster yet again. They were gifted the first goal of the match when Newman kicked the ball straight over Moores head out of bounds. We did this a couple of times actually. Would much rather us go long to a 50/50 contest, at least the possibility of a goal is much less.

Didn't have a chance to stop at Traf which is a shame, best pies around. ;)

Didn't have a chance to stop at Traf which is a shame, best pies around. ;)

...ta...much appreciated...its always a long drive back after a loss...and with no pie?!?:eek:...even harder!!!
...just finished reading all the match report posts...talk about a tiger tragic...:D...
...pleasing to also read that nason showed something that justified his pickup in the draft...i like this boy...reminds me a little of dale thomas...
...disappointing to lose a nab cup game....especially against the bombers, cos the boss is gonna hammer me about that...but what the heck the sun has come up its still shining and now i'm looking forward to that first game against the carltankers...
...could be the biggest game of the round...maybe the year...i got a feeling its going to be the tigers 'granny' against the tankers...and are those tankers going to win?!?!
.....pigs arse...:D...

...ta...much appreciated...its always a long drive back after a loss...and with no pie?!?:eek:...even harder!!!
...just finished reading all the match report posts...talk about a tiger tragic...:D...
...pleasing to also read that nason showed something that justified his pickup in the draft...i like this boy...reminds me a little of dale thomas...
...disappointing to lose a nab cup game....especially against the bombers, cos the boss is gonna hammer me about that...but what the heck the sun has come up its still shining and now i'm looking forward to that first game against the carltankers...
...could be the biggest game of the round...maybe the year...i got a feeling its going to be the tigers 'granny' against the tankers...and are those tankers going to win?!?!
.....pigs arse...:D...
You lost me there. I thought you said Nason was good?

What was the score for this match?

Went through a pile of posts but noone mentioned the score.

Internet is slow so RFC site is not an option.

Final Score

Score
ESS 5.3 12.4 17.7 23.9 147
Rich 2.3 5.4 11.5 11.6 72
Full Time
Score: Essendon lead by 75 points.
Venue: Morwell

ESSENDON:

Monfries 3, Zaharakis 3, Reimers 2, M.Williams 2, Ryder 2, Gumbleton 2, Winderlich 2, Neagle, Stanton, Hocking, Watson, Dempsey, Welsh, Hille

RICHMOND:

Roberts 2, Riewoldt 2, Hislop 2, Morton 2, Nason, Nahas, Vickory

Final Score

Score
ESS 5.3 12.4 17.7 23.9 147
Rich 2.3 5.4 11.5 11.6 72
Full Time
Score: Essendon lead by 75 points.
Venue: Morwell

ESSENDON:

Monfries 3, Zaharakis 3, Reimers 2, M.Williams 2, Ryder 2, Gumbleton 2, Winderlich 2, Neagle, Stanton, Hocking, Watson, Dempsey, Welsh, Hille

RICHMOND:

Roberts 2, Riewoldt 2, Hislop 2, Morton 2, Nason, Nahas, Vickory

Thanks Tigerboyz.:thumbsu:

Looks like the last quarter ,they blew us away.

Otherwise it wasn't too bad.

Oops the 2nd quarter.

Came out and won the third though like against Collingwood.

Thanks Tigerboyz.:thumbsu:

Looks like the last quarter ,they blew us away.

Otherwise it wasn't too bad.

That third quarter was really great by us. We at times looked unstoppable but a couple of skill errors, and some of the worst umpiring decisions I have seen stole our momentum and we were punished. A lot of people on Bigfooty that didn't go to the game will be smiling contently at our misery today, but let me tell you I saw a lot of positives.

We simply ran out of gas. I think we dropped our heads in the last and yeah it made it look a lot worst than it actually was.

We will have these games, but we will also play some of that third quarter stuff and blow away lesser teams.

In all honesty, yesterday proved to me we have got it right with Hardwick. I had the binoculars on him at the addresses and he, Lade, Campbell and Leppitsch, never looked flustered and looked to have a handle on the situation.

I would also like to know the free kick count yesterday. I think I counted only 3 free kicks to us in the first half. The umpiring was pathetic, even the Essendon supporters around us were laughing, their trainer laughed at a few comments from a Tiger supporter pleading for just one free kick from McLaren. On three separate occasions our players had to ask the umpire after the goal what the free kick was for, I could tell they didn't get a satisfactory answer.

The biggest joke of a decision was a non decision. Mitch Farmer took a free kick, didn't wander off his line, but an Essendon player ran past as he kicked the ball, smothered it, it rebounded backwards to another player who ran in and kicked a goal. The players questioned McLaren and he just ran off....Pathetic.

Not an excuse, but would of made a difference to the score. Goals from free kicks would be a stat I would like to see also.

Anyway, to focus on the positives, the scoreboard is a tad misleading, we played some good football but not enough of it, and we will have some good times this year as well as some horrible losses.

Get on board and get excited, greater things are coming!

Hurley will be twice the player Riewoldt and Morton are even though I rate them 2 highly, but anyone who seen Hurley play towards the end of last year would have said this bloke is going to be an out and out superstar. Ryder kicked 3 the other week up forward and 2 this week and if he keeps going at that rate he will kick 55 this year and he has stacks of ability and can play anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That third quarter was really great by us. We at times looked unstoppable but a couple of skill errors, and some of the worst umpiring decisions I have seen stole our momentum and we were punished. A lot of people on Bigfooty that didn't go to the game will be smiling contently at our misery today, but let me tell you I saw a lot of positives.

We simply ran out of gas. I think we dropped our heads in the last and yeah it made it look a lot worst than it actually was.

We will have these games, but we will also play some of that third quarter stuff and blow away lesser teams.

In all honesty, yesterday proved to me we have got it right with Hardwick. I had the binoculars on him at the addresses and he, Lade, Campbell and Leppitsch, never looked flustered and looked to have a handle on the situation.

I would also like to know the free kick count yesterday. I think I counted only 3 free kicks to us in the first half. The umpiring was pathetic, even the Essendon supporters around us were laughing, their trainer laughed at a few comments from a Tiger supporter pleading for just one free kick from McLaren. On three separate occasions our players had to ask the umpire after the goal what the free kick was for, I could tell they didn't get a satisfactory answer.

The biggest joke of a decision was a non decision. Mitch Farmer took a free kick, didn't wander off his line, but an Essendon player ran past as he kicked the ball, smothered it, it rebounded backwards to another player who ran in and kicked a goal. The players questioned McLaren and he just ran off....Pathetic.

Not an excuse, but would of made a difference to the score. Goals from free kicks would be a stat I would like to see also.

Anyway, to focus on the positives, the scoreboard is a tad misleading, we played some good football but not enough of it, and we will have some good times this year as well as some horrible losses.

Get on board and get excited, greater things are coming!

I could not F****** believe that decision. He did not move off his line just turned to kick and the guy was standing next to him so he smothered (this was not the guy manning the mark). So much for this bullshit 5m rule they were destroying us with in rnd1 of Nab against the Hawks that was easily the worst decision I saw all day....moron!

I think I counted only 3 free kicks to us in the first half. The umpiring was pathetic, even the Essendon supporters around us were laughing,
Slightly OT, but this is something I noticed a while back: early umpiring decisions seem to have a significant impact on how the team plays out the match. If we get harshly penalized for aggressive play early (e.g. pinged for holding the ball, hands in the back), we seem to play more timidly for the rest of the game. If we get away with a couple, we continue to attack the contest.

I've seen this happen a lot, but NAB Cup Rnd 1, Richmond v Hawthorn, was a really obvious one, when the ball had barely hit the deck when White was pinged for holding the ball in one of the most staggering decisions you'll ever see. This was followed up by a few more howlers where it seemed like we couldn't go near the ball nor any opposition player without giving away a free. By the halfway mark of the first quarter we stopped applying pressure and got thumped by 12 goals.

Other games, if we get a few gifted to us (i.e. get rewarded for aggressive play), we continue to play hard football. I wonder if this is a side-effect of being a young, inexperienced team: not having the confidence to shrug off a bad umpiring decision and keep playing the way you're supposed to.

Back on topic: thanks very much for the match reports, those were great.

Hurley will be twice the player Riewoldt and Morton are even though I rate them 2 highly, but anyone who seen Hurley play towards the end of last year would have said this bloke is going to be an out and out superstar. Ryder kicked 3 the other week up forward and 2 this week and if he keeps going at that rate he will kick 55 this year and he has stacks of ability and can play anywhere.

[YOUTUBE]bQXdrTJXc-c[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nab Challenge 4 vs Essendon Morwell 3.30 sat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back