NAB Challenge - vs. Richmond @ Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to get everybody excited but Prudden's inclusion is a bloody good sign. By not playing any of the draftees, nor Goodes/Fuller/Kelly etc, Beveridge is clearly picking the best of the available players. For Prud to be anywhere even remotely close to that after all of his injuries, and the year he had last year, is remarkable. Hopefully he plays.

Looks like you guys are going close to full strength. I would not under sell the side we are bringing in btw guys. Yes most are our second stringers but our back line still looks strong, we are not as weak in the midfield as some have suggest and that forward line will be the forward line of the future with mcBean and mckenzie.

Tip a 20 pt bulldog win but would not be surprised if its closer.

Looks like you guys are going close to full strength. I would not under sell the side we are bringing in btw guys. Yes most are our second stringers but our back line still looks strong, we are not as weak in the midfield as some have suggest and that forward line will be the forward line of the future with mcBean and mckenzie.

Tip a 20 pt bulldog win but would not be surprised if its closer.
There's a reason McKenzie dropped to pick 77. Out of interest though, how's he training?

There's a reason McKenzie dropped to pick 77. Out of interest though, how's he training?

You speaking about depression right ? Or his temper as a junior telling the odd trainer to **** off when trying to get him off the ground ?

Anyway, yeah he is progressing well. I have seen a bit of him at training and all i can say, I have not seen a forward hit a pack as hard and have the ball stick to his hands for a long long time. If he stays happy, he will be a bargin at that pick. Its funny too, his stats were very similar to the number 1 pick btw, so it was worth the gamble.

You speaking about depression right ? Or his temper as a junior telling the odd trainer to **** off when trying to get him off the ground ?

Anyway, yeah he is progressing well. I have seen a bit of him at training and all i can say, I have not seen a forward hit a pack as hard and have the ball stick to his hands for a long long time. If he stays happy, he will be a bargin at that pick. Its funny too, his stats were very similar to the number 1 pick btw, so it was worth the gamble.
Agreed, I would have taken him that far down for sure. There were downsides to his game as well as the behaviour stuff though, he was a pretty straight line runner for one. I wouldn't be certain of him making it but if he does it'll be a steal for you guys.

I crunched the numbers on the average age of the teams named (and the whole list average age):

Bulldogs: 23.92 (23.21)

Tigers: 22.78 (24.19)

Difference (Dogs perspective): 1.14 (-0.98)

Notes: The gap of 1.14 years between the teams is actually less than the difference between the full list of of the Dogs and the full lists of Carlton, Geelong, Sydney, Hawthorn, Essendon, North Melbourne and Fremantle.

Last edited:
I crunched the numbers on the average age of the teams named (and the whole list average age):

Bulldogs: 23.92 (23.21)

Tigers: 22.78 (24.19)

Difference (Dogs perspective): 1.14 (-0.98)

Notes: The gap of 1.14 years between the teams is the same difference as between the full list of of the Dogs and the full lists of Carlton, Geelong, Sydney, Hawthorn, Essendon, North Melbourne and Fremantle and only 0.16 greater than the gap between the Dogs' full list and the Tigers' full list.

image.png

Haha it's all a bit "pie in the sky" type stuff. When we played you last year we were actually on average 7 days older. We've since lost Giansiracusa, Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Williams and Jones from that team.

Basically, what I'm saying is however you feel about the team you're putting out on Saturday, that's probably how we'll feel every week this year.

Haha it's all a bit "pie in the sky" type stuff. When we played you last year we were actually on average 7 days older. We've since lost Giansiracusa, Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Williams and Jones from that team.

Basically, what I'm saying is however you feel about the team you're putting out on Saturday, that's probably how we'll feel every week this year.

Agree.

I have been at where your club is at many a time :p. Trust me when i say this, for the next 24 months ignore the mistakes, blunders, and selections made and celebrate the victories. They many not be winning victories but may be like Boyd hit 50 games, or jong kicked 3 goals, or did you see Botempelli land that tackle. Do that will keep you happy and more importantly allow your club to build with out short cuts.

Anyway, how good is it that the footys nearly back. Missed popping into a opponents board before a game :)

Is this being televised? Not sure if I can get down to the Whitten Oval to watch unfortunately.

It's on Foxtel, as is our game v Collingwood.

The Melbourne game is not, but is (apparently) available on afl.com.au

Agree.

I have been at where your club is at many a time :p. Trust me when i say this, for the next 24 months ignore the mistakes, blunders, and selections made and celebrate the victories. They many not be winning victories but may be like Boyd hit 50 games, or jong kicked 3 goals, or did you see Botempelli land that tackle. Do that will keep you happy and more importantly allow your club to build with out short cuts.

Anyway, how good is it that the footys nearly back. Missed popping into a opponents board before a game :)
Love this.

Have to appreciate the small victories, or we'll go mad :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting games into our senior players is important due to a new coach and gamestyle. I'd be all over playing the kids if we didn't have to teach them chemistry and cohesion

Is this game on TV?

How do I get a ticket?

Is this a faster way to gain information than, say, Google?
Yes, it's on Foxtel.

If you're there early enough, you can scan in with your membership, but if you want to make sure you get in, a link to the booking site for ticketmaster should feature somewhere on the home page of the Club's website.

Can't believe you two fell into that. Well played gentlemen.
Well blow me down, GreatSouthWest was taking the piss :p

I think we can be excused after reading through the first 12 pages of the thread ;)

Agree.

It's funny, we've never really totally bottomed out for more than two years (03-04 - thanks to 'Our Mastermind') or been stuck mid-table for a prolonged period. As a Dogs supporter my age (29), you just assume the team will have one or two bad years years then bounce straight back to losing prelims.

2 - 3 to be dropped and with the full strength side I am guessing.

FB: Wood, Roughead, Morris
HB: Murphy, Hamling, JJ
C: Stevens, Bontempelli, Macrae
HF: Dahlhaus, Redpath, Hrovat,
FF: Stringer, T.Boyd, Grant
R: Minson, Libba, Wallis
Int: (6 to chose from) M.Boyd, Picken, Jong, Hunter, T.Campbell, Talia
EMG: Cordy, Prudden, Dickson.

See how close I get.

I believe it's 6 bench with 2 subs so 8 all up on interchange. 29 in the squad so 3 will miss.

FB: Wood, Roughead, Morris
HB: Murphy, Talia, Darley
C: JJ, Wallis, Macrae
HF: Dahlhaus, Redpath, Hrovat,
FF: Stringer, T.Boyd, Dickson
R: Minson, Bontempelli,Libba,
Int: M.Boyd, Picken, Jong, Hunter, Cordy, Stevens
Subs: Campbell, Hamling
EMG: Prudden, Grant, Honey.

Don't want to get everybody excited but Prudden's inclusion is a bloody good sign. By not playing any of the draftees, nor Goodes/Fuller/Kelly etc, Beveridge is clearly picking the best of the available players. For Prud to be anywhere even remotely close to that after all of his injuries, and the year he had last year, is remarkable. Hopefully he plays.
His pre season has been outstanding, he has also shown us so much promise when he has been able to play, the good news is he has been able to do is develop his body while injured, which is very noticeable.
I am sure he will play, and he would be a long way in front on M. Boyd at this stage which is terrific news for our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back