NAB Cup 2008 Round 1 Versus Melbourne- The type of game we usually lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Feb 16 at Skilled

Cats will play a Round one NAB Cup game at Skilled. That fixture also out later this morning.

Against the Lemons

From todays Addy
Cook said Geelong should play a NAB Cup match against Melbourne at Skilled Stadium on February 16

Hopefully this NAB Cup fixture isnt met with the same dramas we had last year with the thousands of people they had to let in for free because of overcrowding at the gates.

I got there an hour before the game against Richmond and had to queue for 45 minutes to get in because the club had one woman working the Polly Farmer gate. Poor woman having to contend with all of us p!$$ed off people.

Message to Brian Cook. Don't cater for a projected crowd of 7,000 for this NAB cup fixture. Couldn't believe he said that when asked for a please explain as to the trouble. expect in between 15,000 - 20,000 for this game against Melbourne.

Hopefully this NAB Cup fixture isnt met with the same dramas we had last year with the thousands of people they had to let in for free because of overcrowding at the gates.

Yeah that was crap. We got there two hours before the match and paid. Should have been issued a refund, imo. We did the right thing and got there early and had to pay.

Not the money but the principle. Anyway, yes, be better organised next year.

Yeah that was crap. We got there two hours before the match and paid. Should have been issued a refund, imo. We did the right thing and got there early and had to pay.

i was a paying customer as well. i didnt think i'd get a seat in the ablett terrace such was the line. i was shocked to see plenty of seats but i still think it was about 15,000 in the end.

typical, 5 minutes after i got in everyone stormed through

typical, 5 minutes after i got in everyone stormed through

Hahahaha. Suffer. :p

Still I remember that day. They were expecting such a small crowd and planned for one as such. But come on, Geelong playing in Geelong, nice day (suppose they didnt know that), plus the first game of footy ever for 6 months.

I'm hanging out for footy already and it hasnt even been 4 weeks yet!!! :eek:

But come on, Geelong playing in Geelong, nice day (suppose they didnt know that), plus the first game of footy ever for 6 months.
:eek:

Exactly.
i couldn't understand how they could think anything under 10,000. Serious error in judgment.
It's a pity also that i couldnt sit in my seat in the ablett terrace with my membership either. Thyat didnt really p!$$ me off too much but i reckon early paid up members should've been rewarded with free entry.

Yes, i cant wait either. Always exciting to see a rejuvinated team plus a few new faces

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I remember that game thats the only time ive sat in the new stand, we were trying out a box on the "otherside" and some of the crew there were feeding us beers all day trying to sell us the box on that side of the oval. also did a 10km funrun that morning, so i got mega smashed cuz i was so spent.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there ever many opposition supporters at SS? Do you expect us to come down in truckloads down the highway to that crap ground?

Melbourne by 20 goals.

Is that only because you have won there once since 1988?

Deal with it. What do we have to do? Build a purpose built 70,000 seat stadium to please the masses?

I coulda sworn i posted in here. but now it's gone.

oh well, like someone of 'influence' once said:

"I think [insert name] was just having a laugh and people shouldn't be so precious."

Going by the complaints I received about certain posts in this thread I would suggest that not everyone shares your sense of humor. Keep the gutter talk in the pub.

Is that only because you have won there once since 1988?

Deal with it. What do we have to do? Build a purpose built 70,000 seat stadium to please the masses?

did melbourne not beat us about 2 years ago at skilled?

and TTC dishing out personal insults, he is one to labour a point but not one to to dish cheap insults out!!

what did he say?

and TTC dishing out personal insults, he is one to labour a point but not one to to dish cheap insults out!!

what did he say?
and didnt UZE take a massive hanger at the river end of skilled, Im sure it was that game, and my guest (dee suporter) got us into the rooms after that game too. :thumbsu:

and didnt UZE take a massive hanger at the river end of skilled, Im sure it was that game, and my guest (dee suporter) got us into the rooms after that game too. :thumbsu:

my memory is muddled, surely it was the game that either bartel nearly kicked the game winner or egan had that shot on the siren.

what did he say?

Nothing, it was that other loser who currently has the red card.

Anyway, yeah they did beat us there! I remember cause I remember having a go at this Dees supporter on the way out!! Lol... she was carrying on, so I swore at her. (Not my finest hour :eek:)

DIdn't we have a shot on goal after the siren and we missed. PLayer was too far out.

Edit: Just saw you next post Forssman. Yeah it was Egan I'm thinking.

Going by the complaints I received about certain posts in this thread I would suggest that not everyone shares your sense of humor. Keep the gutter talk in the pub.

complaints? i never said it was amusing, you'll find i am just quoting you from another fred. deletion and/or loss is always hard.

Anyway, yeah they did beat us there! I remember cause I remember having a go at this Dees supporter on the way out!! Lol... she was carrying on, so I swore at her. (Not my finest hour :eek:)

DIdn't we have a shot on goal after the siren and we missed. PLayer was too far out.

nah something i said was deleted.

yeah egan had the kick - was that the close loss? and/or the subsequent draw with bartel trying to rush a behind?

stop stalking me shell.

swearing at opposition supporters because we lost a game....that is very much a collingwood supporter trait!!!

TTC, i think the bartel game was a drawn game as we only needed any score and got nothing. was this also against the dees?

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Cup 2008 Round 1 Versus Melbourne- The type of game we usually lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back