Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I just moved into an apartment that isn't wired for Fox. I'm so peeved about that. Then I thought Foxtel Play streamed onto my iMac would be the go, but alas, no Footy channel on that service. So i'm battling to see this. A NAB Cup game in a pub in Brisbane?? More chance in London. So, as far as I know I have to buy a Samsung TV or Blu-Ray player, and then I can stream Fox Footy channel via that. Anyone else had a similar experience??

I'm so pumped for this game, I'd love to so Jonathan Marsh do 1 freakish thing, Taylor Adams rack 'em up, Marley Williams sit Taylor Hunt on his ass, and Jesse White get us all excited! Go Pies
If you know anyone with Foxtel at home ask them for their username and password and then you can watch all their channels either on a laptop or tablet through Foxtel GO. I give my sister our username and she uses it on her Ipad for her family, works well enough.

If you know anyone with Foxtel at home ask them for their username and password and then you can watch all their channels either on a laptop or tablet through Foxtel GO. I give my sister our username and she uses it on her Ipad for her family, works well enough.

Cheers Matty. I had Fox until last week at my old place, and my brother in law used my password and did exactly that. Might have to ask around for some passwords!

I wish some of these games were at the G. Got some cooworkers down from the US and would love to take them to an AFL game at the G, even if it is jsut a practice game.

I wish some of these games were at the G. Got some cooworkers down from the US and would love to take them to an AFL game at the G, even if it is jsut a practice game.

The Cricket won't give the AFL the G until the Cricket Season is overy.

Which I think is stupid because it's only Victoria Games and No Goes and Watches them

The Cricket won't give the AFL the G until the Cricket Season is overy.

Which I think is stupid because it's only Victoria Games and No Goes and Watches them
that's what ive found so bizarre, yes I know its called Melbourne Cricket Ground, but theres literally like 100 people watching the Sheffield shield even on a Saturday, surely its free entry. They should play the 2020's there that's all good, but not the test cricket.
p.s, I actually love cricket

that's what ive found so bizarre, yes I know its called Melbourne Cricket Ground, but theres literally like 100 people watching the Sheffield shield even on a Saturday, surely its free entry. They should play the 2020's there that's all good, but not the test cricket.
p.s, I actually love cricket

I don't how much the Entry is. Yeah be lucky to get 100 at Shield and During the Week you be lucky to get 30 people

I just moved into an apartment that isn't wired for Fox. I'm so peeved about that. Then I thought Foxtel Play streamed onto my iMac would be the go, but alas, no Footy channel on that service. So i'm battling to see this. A NAB Cup game in a pub in Brisbane?? More chance in London. So, as far as I know I have to buy a Samsung TV or Blu-Ray player, and then I can stream Fox Footy channel via that. Anyone else had a similar experience??

I'm so pumped for this game, I'd love to so Jonathan Marsh do 1 freakish thing, Taylor Adams rack 'em up, Marley Williams sit Taylor Hunt on his ass, and Jesse White get us all excited! Go Pies

Im in same boat. Most big games i head back to melbourne and go wth my dad, else if im in Sydney or Canberra i use my Apple TV to stream the live stream from the AFL app to my TV. I stream it to a 55" so it gets a little pixelated but its still very watchable.

The foxtel go app is another way, but i found it better to stream through the AFL app, my foxtel app kept buffering which annoyed the hell outa me. Only downside is the $90 yearly subscription to the afl live streaming app and outlaying for an apple tv if you dont already have one/know someone with one.

Im in same boat. Most big games i head back to melbourne and go wth my dad, else if im in Sydney or Canberra i use my Apple TV to stream the live stream from the AFL app to my TV. I stream it to a 55" so it gets a little pixelated but its still very watchable.

The foxtel go app is another way, but i found it better to stream through the AFL app, my foxtel app kept buffering which annoyed the hell outa me. Only downside is the $90 yearly subscription to the afl live streaming app and outlaying for an apple tv if you dont already have one/know someone with one.

I have Apple TV - but does it need to be jailbroken to get the App?? I'd happily shell out $90 per year to do it that way.

Wishlist for NAB Cup:

I wanna see this guy play:

BROOMHEAD%20Tim.png

Annnnd this guy:

140114_marshlarge.jpg

Annnnd him:

RAMSAY%20Jackson.png

And more of this fella:

MARTIN%20Kyle.png

And then I'm just excited to see White, Adams and Armstrong all in the B&W!

Oh, and Freeman too - but I didn't know if he was fit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just need to see all the kids running around at this early stage. The reality is we don't have enough experience on this surface and we will probably get flogged. As long as the kids are running around though, I don't mind.

Cheers Matty. I had Fox until last week at my old place, and my brother in law used my password and did exactly that. Might have to ask around for some passwords!
mate just use the AFL app and pay the subscription for the games. Ive done it the past 2 years and its a great deal. Dont get charged data usage either. I had to do it when living out in the country for a bit cause i couldnt get Foxtel out there.

I have Apple TV - but does it need to be jailbroken to get the App?? I'd happily shell out $90 per year to do it that way.
Nope. I had this same issue and no one could tell me so i just took the plundge and bought one. Basically i use my iphone 4 to stream to the Apple TV which is connected to my TV.
It has to be done through a wireless network tho (I just use my home internet router to connect the iphone and apple tv.)
You could probably test out the quality prior to throwing down 90 for the subscription. What id do is dpwnload the app, then stream some free video content from the video menu to your phone. Then use Air Play on you mobile/ipad to stream to the apple tv and thus your TV. If your happy with the quality that comes from the free videos onto your tv, the paid subscription of games is no different.
Also, it wont actually cost $90, you can just go dicksmith or JBHiFi and get $90 worth of iTunes Cards when there is a discount of like 20%-30% so in all your yearly subscription is only $60-$70.
Hope that helps.

Cheers everyone. The whole thing is ridiculous, because I've just moved into an apartment that was built 3-4 years ago. Why it wasn't wired for Fox from the get go I have no idea. I'll have a crack st streaming through Apple TV from my phone, failing that i'll watch them on the ipad through the app.
The downside of having 2 QLD teams is that there are only 2 other games on Ch 7 all weekend. Makes it tough to see the Pies

And you watch on an iPad or laptop?
Not sure about streaming to laptop. i couldnt get that to work. Might be easier with a Mac, but i dont use them. I tried endlessly to get the laptop live streaming but thats only avalible outside of Australia.

The apps pretty good tho, havent had any dramas over 2 years.

Cheers everyone. The whole thing is ridiculous, because I've just moved into an apartment that was built 3-4 years ago. Why it wasn't wired for Fox from the get go I have no idea. I'll have a crack st streaming through Apple TV from my phone, failing that i'll watch them on the ipad through the app.
The downside of having 2 QLD teams is that there are only 2 other games on Ch 7 all weekend. Makes it tough to see the Pies
Same thing in NSW, constant games of GWS and Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back