I wanna see this guy play:

BROOMHEAD%20Tim.png

Annnnd this guy:

140114_marshlarge.jpg

Annnnd him:

RAMSAY%20Jackson.png

And more of this fella:

MARTIN%20Kyle.png

And then I'm just excited to see White, Adams and Armstrong all in the B&W!

Oh, and Freeman too - but I didn't know if he was fit?

What about these players as well:

FASOLO%20Alex.png

GRUNDY%20Brodie.png

KENNEDY%20Ben.png

131111_adamsprofilelarge.jpg

131023_whiteprofilelarge.jpg

I'll be plastered at work Thursday morning.

1st test against the Saffers and the mighty Pies playin' in Geelong. Paint my nails and call me Susan, what a mighty fine Wednesday it will be.
like everything bar the cricket

Seen them play heaps! That's why I'm more amped for Broomy, Martin, Marsh and Freeman.

But we have to see how he is going after missing last season with Injury.
We missed him more then people think. He is great around goal

that's what ive found so bizarre, yes I know its called Melbourne Cricket Ground, but theres literally like 100 people watching the Sheffield shield even on a Saturday, surely its free entry. They should play the 2020's there that's all good, but not the test cricket.
p.s, I actually love cricket

Sorry, they shouldn't play test cricket at the MCG? Did you see the crowds for the Boxing Day test?

I'll be plastered at work Thursday morning.

1st test against the Saffers and the mighty Pies playin' in Geelong. Paint my nails and call me Susan, what a mighty fine Wednesday it will be.

I'm with you Susan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, they shouldn't play test cricket at the MCG? Did you see the crowds for the Boxing Day test?
Who are the traditional footy clubs that have the Boxing day blockbuster?

Just my opinions on some of the things said in this thread

1) $18 is too much for a ticket for the nab cup...not really. We are seeing as much of a replica of the normal game thanks to scrapping the old style pre season and getting use of four full quarters. $18 is reasonable to see the future in a match like game.

2) One game every night after work at 7pm is fantastic! Who would complain about that?

3) You don't need foxtel to watch these games on tv or know someone who has to watch on an iPad. Just need to plug your laptop into the tv, have good wifi connection and know where to find free streaming on non Australian websites.

So what's the general consensus here basically the two reserves teams going at each other?

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if both teams fielded fairly strong sides and then took it easy for our soft games against the Tigers and Dees respectively.

Just my opinions on some of the things said in this thread

3) You don't need foxtel to watch these games on tv or know someone who has to watch on an iPad. Just need to plug your laptop into the tv, have good wifi connection and know where to find free streaming on non Australian websites.

I said it once before, there is a much better solution to this. Anyone interested can PM me.

Seen them play heaps! That's why I'm more amped for Broomy, Martin, Marsh and Freeman.

Maybe. But he's been out for a season. That and he is a natural goal scorer. We don't have too many of those. Fasolo has a good and year and we are much more dangerous team forward of centre. I'm as excited to see how he returns as anyone :thumbsu:

The Cricket won't give the AFL the G until the Cricket Season is overy.

Which I think is stupid because it's only Victoria Games and No Goes and Watches them
What does the C in MCG stand for?

Irrelevant.

Yes having cricket in the name of a stadium is irrelevant when deciding which sport should play there when your two options are 200 people at the bushrangers or 60000 to a footy match.

Knowing the name was decided 100 years ago when the circumstances were totally different today also adds to this irrelevancy

So what's the general consensus here basically the two reserves teams going at each other?

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if both teams fielded fairly strong sides and then took it easy for our soft games against the Tigers and Dees respectively.

I think that's more likely, that both teams will want a real tough hitout first up to blow out all the cobwebs but to also get a real look at who is in contention for a round one spot.

What are the rules by the way? Assuming no stupid 9 pointers or free kicks against the team who touched it last before it goes OOB. Hopefully it's just four 17 minute quarters with time on and an extended bench.

Edit; Here's the rules changes; http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-08/nab-challenge-explained

* 9 pointer exists = STUPID
* 130 total interchanges in play (drops to 120 for the real season) = Fair enough, gives teams a chance to get used to it.
* 26 players on each side, and clubs can reset subs at the half time break = OK

Are there still going to be super goals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back