Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that's more likely, that both teams will want a real tough hitout first up to blow out all the cobwebs but to also get a real look at who is in contention for a round one spot.

What are the rules by the way? Assuming no stupid 9 pointers or free kicks against the team who touched it last before it goes OOB. Hopefully it's just four 17 minute quarters with time on and an extended bench.

Edit; Here's the rules changes; http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-08/nab-challenge-explained

* 9 pointer exists = STUPID
* 130 total interchanges in play (drops to 120 for the real season) = Fair enough, gives teams a chance to get used to it.
* 26 players on each side, and clubs can reset subs at the half time break = OK

I actually like 9 pointers, make a game that essentially means nothing more exciting

I actually like 9 pointers, make a game that essentially means nothing more exciting
Tell that to these Champions.

AFL-20NAB-20Cup-20GF-20Carlton-20v-20Brisbane-2015-20130315230042899053-620x414.jpg

I reckon Swanny will at least get a super goal in the game. ( if he plays )

Hopefully this will b covered on FTA TV. Te AFL should pull the TV rights if it's not.
SBS had some game of soccer on every friggen channel the other day.

Foxtel is paying 500 million or something so I think that grants them some games. I think all 18 games are broadcast (on foxtel) which is pretty cool

There is only 1 A league game broadcaster per week and it gets hardly any ratings

Last edited:
Hopefully this will b covered on FTA TV. Te AFL should pull the TV rights if it's not.
SBS had some game of soccer on every friggen channel the other day.
It's not.

here's my line up,b:yagmoor,frost, gault:footy:.
young,keefe,williams.
macaffer,thomas,broomhead.
elliot. white. adams.
mooney,lynch, kennedy.
hudson,pendles,swan.
int:langdon,clarke, marsh,freeman.
armstrong,grundy,fasolo, martin. so we save cloke sidebottom beams blair reid brown lumumba ball maxwell for nab 2 vs richmond!

here's my line up,b:yagmoor,frost, gault:footy:.
young,keefe,williams.
macaffer,thomas,broomhead.
elliot. white. adams.
mooney,lynch, kennedy.
hudson,pendles,swan.
int:langdon,clarke, marsh,freeman.
armstrong,grundy,fasolo, martin. so we save cloke sidebottom beams blair reid brown lumumba ball maxwell for nab 2 vs richmond!
What about Wittsy?

i read hes out for a couple of weeks..

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That's a third of our ruck stocks gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That's a third of our ruck stocks gone.
But Grundy is equal to an army of men.

I haven't been this excited for a Pre-Season game in a long time. All of my summer sporting teams losing (bar the Aussies) have played a big part in that. Couldn't care less if we win or lose, just want to get through the game without any new injuries. Big season ahead :D

Very excited to see how our kids go, in reality any team is only as strong as it's least experienced players on the front-line. If our new draftees / rookies / reserves can compete - we're in for a good year IMO.

I want to see how are likely ruck combination with Brody and White with Brody taking the majority of centre bounces and White relieving as the third tall.

If this combination works then safe to say our immediate ruck future looks Brite... ;)

Like every time this year winning and losing means nothing. It's basically a level up from an intra club game and I didn't see anyone getting excited about the result of that match.
Just want to see some new players and maybe a few older guys in nice touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back