Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have been the single best VFL side EVER. We had a few out but let's not pretend that's our VFL side. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lets not pretend that they were anything of the calibre of the virtual AFL side Geelong presented either. Compare the respective experience of the two teams, in that stat we weren't even in the same postcode, let alone the ballpark.

Ouch, Clinton Young;

collingwoodfc: There was one more injury, but don't worry. @dasheryoung'll be OK. He only has a cut mouth...and some broken teeth http://t.co/spOHU8o2G8

How the FK did we lose that in the end??? Gee we butchered some opportunities in the end.... By the way was the footy on the Geelong football channel tonight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How did we lose? Firstly Geelong kicked a hail Mary torp from full back into the centre, and followed it up with a hail Mary torp to the forward line - both come off and they got the goal. Secondly the final centre bounce was shocking and should have been recalled but was allowed when Geelong won possession, the Hawkins got a very soft free kick.

Geelong DESPERATELY rolled the dice and got dead set lucky.

That's how we lost.

How did we lose? Firstly Geelong kicked a hail Mary torp from full back into the centre, and followed it up with a hail Mary torp to the forward line - both come off and they got the goal. Secondly the final centre bounce was shocking and should have been recalled but was allowed when Geelong won possession, the Hawkins got a very soft free kick.

Geelong DESPERATELY rolled the dice and got dead set lucky.

That's how we lost.

They get lucky a lot...

Well part of that is Simmons stadium, part of it is being a physical team the get in front and so draw the free and part is just plain luck. In 50 years of watching the Pies I can honestly say that they have never been a lucky team.

I was more leaning toward their experience. We panicked they didn't.

On the whole I think we're the team that would walk away happier though which is the main thing. It looks like we'll be up and about for round one which is a great sign!

I was more leaning toward their experience. We panicked they didn't.

On the whole I think we're the team that would walk away happier though which is the main thing. It looks like we'll be up and about for round one which is a great sign!
Agreed very happy with our efforts and agree that experience counted but without a bit of luck it wouldn't have been enough.

I was a little confused about the score.
I thought after White's last goal that the scores were level, but then saw we were only 4 pts in front, and then Geelong got that last goal.

Did I miss something?
We were up by 2 then Geelong kicked a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ouch, Clinton Young;

collingwoodfc: There was one more injury, but don't worry. @dasheryoung'll be OK. He only has a cut mouth...and some broken teeth http://t.co/spOHU8o2G8

What happened? Looks like his tooth is missing.

312992.jpg

Not sure if the commentators could have been further up Geelongs backside tonight.

Overall a really good effort. At the start of the game I said a 5 goal loss would be a pass mark. In the end we really should have won it. Doesn't matter though. Looking at the bigger picture we can take a lot of positives out of that game. A number of players to come back in. It was also a really good standard of footy for a pre season match which is a good sign for us.

White - Awesome. Add Cloke for a full game and Reid and it looks very dangerous.
Adams, Lumumba, Ball, Williams, Sidey, Kennedy all very impressive. Beams and Pendles showed their class at stages too. Maxwell solid early also.

Plenty to work with pies fans. Plenty of time for the boys rest up and reload for Richmond in 10 days time.

Mate, we still owed you for Rhyce. Shaw, 61, and 44 for White and 46 sounds about right. Our teams have had a mutually beneficial trading history for a while now, and I hope that it continues.
You still own us for Andrew Schauble and Paul Williams who both won your B&F, not to mention Nick Davis getting you into a winning Grand Final. We will take Kieran Jack and Hannebery and we will call it even

Lets not pretend that they were anything of the calibre of the virtual AFL side Geelong presented either. Compare the respective experience of the two teams, in that stat we weren't even in the same postcode, let alone the ballpark.
Agree they had a much more full strength line up in but we were hardly VFL. Pretty sure we had 16 players from our probable best team. That's including Maxwell who some debate and not including Kennedy who was good tonight. I have no issue with our team being less experienced and less like our starting 21/22 though.

When did Cloke go off? All of last quarter? And pendles sat out the first quarter?

Agree they had a much more full strength line up in but we were hardly VFL. Pretty sure we had 16 players from our probable best team. That's including Maxwell who some debate and not including Kennedy who was good tonight. I have no issue with our team being less experienced and less like our starting 21/22 though.

Well if you insist on taking a generalization to heart be my guest - if you want to be pedantic about it fine.

Kennedy showed plenty agreed and Maxy is on the cusp, can still do good things but is showing his age and is really hanging on by his fingernails.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back