Game Day NAB3: GCS vs Adelaide @ Metricon - 11 March 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Really looking forward to this final hit out before the season proper.

If we are to improve this year then the big improvement needs to come from those in the 20 to 22 year age group. I'm thinking Brad Crouch, Troy Menzel, Riley Knight, Charlie Cameron, Curtley Hampton, Rory Atkins. Really looking forward to these guys cementing their round 1 spots and it being onward and upward from there.

Hang on, what?

Atleast our centreline is tried and tested

C. Mackay Thompson Vb

:drunk:

Drinking game tonight.:drunk:

A drink every time a VB blunder or 400kay has less than 5 possessions a quarter or is meandering aimlessly and loosely around the ground playing his non-statistical role.:confused:

I should be smashed at QT.

Probably best that Brouch doesnt partake in this game tonight.:$

Drinking game tonight.:drunk:

A drink every time a VB blunder or 400kay has less than 5 possessions a quarter or is meandering aimlessly and loosely around the ground playing his non-statistical role.:confused:

I should be smashed at QT.

Probably best that Brouch doesnt partake in this game tonight.:$

Even better:
  • Drink every time VB handballs to a team mate under pressure
  • Drink every time Mackay gets ragdolled in a tackle
  • Drink every time Mackay fails to stick a tackle
  • Drink every time VB's kick misses its intended target
  • Drink every time either Mackay or VB's handball goes directly to an opposition player
  • Drink twice every time VB's kick is smothered
  • Finish your drink if Mackay gets caught holding the ball
  • Finish your drink if VB performs an opposition goal assist

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quvoTOA.jpg

I really dont care about this game that much.
No B.crouch, Cameron, Knight, Atkins, Hampton, Menzel and Mackay is playing. This isnt close to our best 22 in my opinion.
Who do you take out for all these blokes? I agree all are in our best 22 and our side looks very slow without them. On the fast deck at etihad rd 1 we will need run and carry and linebreakers. Its essential crouch and atkins smash it in the sanfl game and menzel and hampton turn it on too. Cameron and knight will unfortunately return via the sanfl due to their injuries.

Who do you take out for all these blokes? I agree all are in our best 22 and our side looks very slow without them. On the fast deck at etihad rd 1 we will need run and carry and linebreakers. Its essential crouch and atkins smash it in the sanfl game and menzel and hampton turn it on too. Cameron and knight will unfortunately return via the sanfl due to their injuries.
In reality only 4 of the 6 would be 100% to get a game and then one more would likely also come in (Hampton not ready).

In: Knight, Cameron, Atkins, B.Crouch, Menzel
Out: Mackay, McGovern, O'brien, Lyons, Gore

From the squad on the AFL website. It's a 25 man squad so another 3 would also have to drop out. From there Menzel appears to also not be ready so he's one. I would also drop VB and CEY but seeing as the club wants VB's "leadership" I guess we can drop Cheney instead (included due to injuries). Also note if Henderson was fit and ready to go I would include him over VB every day of the week.

My best 22 fitness pending.

FB: Brown - Hartigan - Lever
HB: Laird - Talia - Smith
C: Seedsman - Thompson - Sloane
R: Jacobs - B.Crouch - M.Crouch
HF: Lynch - Walker - Douglas
FF: Betts - Jenkins - Cameron
B: Milera - Atkins - Knight - Henderson

Note from this side Cameron, Knight and Henderson are likely to not be available. Therefore the changes to this would be to include CEY, van Berlo and Mackay

Menzel won't be playing r1 unless he does something remarkable tomorrow...... like show he can run out the game.

Even better:
  • Drink every time VB handballs to a team mate under pressure
  • Drink every time Mackay gets ragdolled in a tackle
  • Drink every time Mackay fails to stick a tackle
  • Drink every time VB's kick misses its intended target
  • Finish your drink if Mackay gets caught holding the ball
  • Finish your drink if VB performs an opposition goal assist
Surely the smothered / kick into the man on the mark from VB has to get a run here ... he must have the lowest launch angle in the AFL. Needs to get on the Trackman and sort it out ...

Personally I think if either player kicks a 40m + ball to one of our players on the lead AND hits them...... a full drink should be consumed

In reality only 4 of the 6 would be 100% to get a game and then one more would likely also come in (Hampton not ready).

In: Knight, Cameron, Atkins, B.Crouch, Menzel
Out: Mackay, McGovern, O'brien, Lyons, Gore

From the squad on the AFL website. It's a 25 man squad so another 3 would also have to drop out. From there Menzel appears to also not be ready so he's one. I would also drop VB and CEY but seeing as the club wants VB's "leadership" I guess we can drop Cheney instead (included due to injuries). Also note if Henderson was fit and ready to go I would include him over VB every day of the week.

My best 22 fitness pending.

FB: Brown - Hartigan - Lever
HB: Laird - Talia - Smith
C: Seedsman - Thompson - Sloane
R: Jacobs - B.Crouch - M.Crouch
HF: Lynch - Walker - Douglas
FF: Betts - Jenkins - Cameron
B: Milera - Atkins - Knight - Henderson

Note from this side Cameron, Knight and Henderson are likely to not be available. Therefore the changes to this would be to include CEY, van Berlo and Mackay

Your best 22 has 4 wing players on the bench. I'd swap one of those for an inside mid (CEY) and another for a utility, defensive player, or forward.

I think it's unlikely we would play with Smith, Seedsman, Milera, Atkins, Knight, Henderson, and Lynch through the wings but only have 4-5 inside mids

Actually worried about tonight, think we'll be too slow all over the ground. Hopefully it'll make the coaches think long and hard about including Brad Crouch and Atkins for R1, then bringing Cameron and Knight straight back in for R2 against Port.

I hope we get smashed for this very reason above. Also hope MacKay and VB play to their abilities...just need to give Pyke a good reason to not persist with mediocre players anymore.

Actually worried about tonight, think we'll be too slow all over the ground. Hopefully it'll make the coaches think long and hard about including Brad Crouch and Atkins for R1, then bringing Cameron and Knight straight back in for R2 against Port.

I hope we get smashed for this very reason above.
Very unlikely to be smashed, and this 'slow' business is nonsense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB3: GCS vs Adelaide @ Metricon - 11 March 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back