Game Day NAB3: GCS vs Adelaide @ Metricon - 11 March 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually worried about tonight, think we'll be too slow all over the ground. Hopefully it'll make the coaches think long and hard about including Brad Crouch and Atkins for R1, then bringing Cameron and Knight straight back in for R2 against Port.

I hope we get smashed for this very reason above. Also hope MacKay and VB play to their abilities...just need to give Pyke a good reason to not persist with mediocre players anymore.
The Seed is actually playing the club that really wanted to get him tonight, will be interesting to see how he goes. He's quickly becoming one of my favourites with that boot

Very unlikely to be smashed, and this 'slow' business is nonsense.
Slow business isn't nonsense, we've targeted speedy players as stated by Pyke because we're slow as snails which always catches us out on the rebound. We've went and obtained Seedsman, Hampton, Menzel, Milera who are all quite quick, Gore isn't a plodder either.
It was a target.

Tonight we're missing our fastest players, Danger, Knight, Atkins(poise), Cameron, Crouch, Henderson, it'll probably be the slowest team we've named for a year, all I'm saying is be wary...and especially don't have a PUNT. We could get done tonight.

Im not concerned about speed as such, as I think we'll get our hands to the ball first. For me it's what we do with it, as has been also mentioned by Don as an issue. You're also forgetting the Suns are missing their r1 starting midfield.

Also, since when has Crouch been fast ??? Yeah he's no Thommo but I don't ever recall him being fast. And Menzel certainly isn't fast, never has been.

I am not sure why you're so wrapped up in the result, chances are we will see what we did last night in (hopefully) less drastic circumstances. Guys like VB, Harto, JJ, Douglas etc who have played 2 games already will likely sit out large portions of the game.

Im not concerned about speed as such, as I think we'll get our hands to the ball first. For me it's what we do with it, as has been also mentioned by Don as an issue. You're also forgetting the Suns are missing their r1 starting midfield.

Also, since when has Crouch been fast ??? Yeah he's no Thommo but I don't ever recall him being fast. And Menzel certainly isn't fast, never has been.

I am not sure why you're so wrapped up in the result, chances are we will see what we did last night in (hopefully) less drastic circumstances. Guys like VB, Harto, JJ, Douglas etc who have played 2 games already will likely sit out large portions of the game.

Since always watch him take off from a stoppage, his first few steps are pretty damn quick which is pretty important in a stoppage, he'd be our fastest mid if he was playing, he uses his pace very wisely, Menzel is quicker than you think along with wicked agility.

I'm not forgetting that the Suns are missing their r1 midfield, it was the same as last week where they almost defeated a full strength Eagles squad minus Josh Kennedy for the second half. GC have undertaken a more contested ball strat..similar to how we've been in the past, it'll be interesting to see whether we can kill them on the outside tonight.

Hes faster than Smith and probably top 3 or 4 at the club for speed apparetly. Thats according to my friend who works at the club, not my anecdotal observation. Dont think we've really seen it at AFL level yet. He assured me we would see it last year before the whole foot issue happened. Matt is the complete opposite however.

The thing with these guys missing is the ball use they provide. Milera and Seedsman in particular are fantastic by foot, Brouch has the quickest hands in the club.

For me pace is great but use of the ball is far more imperative.

Hes faster than Smith and probably top 3 or 4 at the club for speed apparetly. Thats according to my friend who works at the club, not my anecdotal observation. Dont think we've really seen it at AFL level yet. He assured me we would see it last year before the whole foot issue happened. Matt is the complete opposite however.

Doesn't surprise me, lets be honest you don't get taken pick 2 mini draft whilst being known as one of the most talented 17 year olds in the country for being an averaged speed player with immaculate skills.
Crouch has everything in spades, speed is one of them, it's a similar sort of burst power to Danger.

The thing with these guys missing is the ball use they provide. Milera and Seedsman in particular are fantastic by foot, Brouch has the quickest hands in the club.

For me pace is great but use of the ball is far more imperative.
That's why missing Atkins, Knight, Cameron and Brad Crouch is a large loss because they're pretty damn good at decision making and usually nail their target. Tonight worries me, if we go into r1 with a similar team at Etihad we'll get done, I'm sure of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually worried about tonight, think we'll be too slow all over the ground. Hopefully it'll make the coaches think long and hard about including Brad Crouch and Atkins for R1, then bringing Cameron and Knight straight back in for R2 against Port.

I hope we get smashed for this very reason above. Also hope MacKay and VB play to their abilities...just need to give Pyke a good reason to not persist with mediocre players anymore.
It's effing pre-season !!!

Getting worried about these games is as bad as getting excited when you win one.

I really dont care about this game that much.
No B.crouch, Cameron, Knight, Atkins, Hampton, Menzel and Mackay is playing. This isnt close to our best 22 in my opinion.
The problem is that's close to our round 1 team minus Atkins who I think will get selected for round 1

B Crouch first AFL game in 18 months at Etihad - could be wrong but I can't see it

If we leave Brad Crouch in the SANFL and instead decide to play a spud like Mackay in R1 the selectors are ******* stupid.

Brad Crouch as an in for R1 is a big inclusion.
If he gets through tomorrow unscathed there's a fair chance he plays. I wouldn't pick him, not after such a long time out of the game but I won't be disappointed if we did.

As long as we get a good hit out with no injuries and we are competitive not so fussed about result

Need one of CEY gore or Lyons to step up and book a spot

And Wayne Milera to build more toward round 1 and I'll be happy enough

OMG I'm so nervous...

Wait. No I'm not. I couldn't give a flying rat's about the result. (unless we win and then like magic, NAB suddenly means something and we'll be premiership contenders again)

All I want is for all the players to find some touch and most of all - no ****ing injuries.

Brad crouch is powerful and has a quick burst , tests well in 20m sprints

Menzel no slouch either , certainly has more fast twitch fibres than slow twitch and endurance ones

Slow business isn't nonsense, we've targeted speedy players as stated by Pyke because we're slow as snails which always catches us out on the rebound. We've went and obtained Seedsman, Hampton, Menzel, Milera who are all quite quick, Gore isn't a plodder either.
It was a target.

Tonight we're missing our fastest players, Danger, Knight, Atkins(poise), Cameron, Crouch, Henderson, it'll probably be the slowest team we've named for a year, all I'm saying is be wary...and especially don't have a PUNT. We could get done tonight.
Danger has apparently joined Geelong , Dwayne mentioned it the other week

It's effing pre-season !!!

Getting worried about these games is as bad as getting excited when you win one.

So you wouldn't be worried if we got done by 30+ tonight whilst having our core senior group on the field?
I know I would, we need to start the season off ****ing well, as Pyke said if there's a scoreboard then we want to win. We're building a winning culture, we could be embarrassed tonight.

I'll be having a close eye on VB and MacKay, they'll need to be at their best to provide outside run tonight.

So you wouldn't be worried if we got done by 30+ tonight whilst having our core senior group on the field?
I know I would, we need to start the season off ******* well, as Pyke said if there's a scoreboard then we want to win. We're building a winning culture, we could be embarrassed tonight.

I'll be having a close eye on VB and MacKay, they'll need to be at their best to provide outside run tonight.
Why on earth does it matter ?? We have no idea what the plan is with certain players. You can't tell me Sydney are worried after losing pretty much every PS game in the last 10 years.

Of course we want to win but its hardly the end of the world if we don't.

I know I would, we need to start the season off ******* well, as Pyke said if there's a scoreboard then we want to win. We're building a winning culture, we could be embarrassed tonight.

Could not care less about the score. No injuries - No reports - See some players outside of their comfort zone - See the new guys become more embedded in the team. Looking at how our defence is coming on, working together.

Losing on the score board in a pre-season game does not bother me in the slightest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB3: GCS vs Adelaide @ Metricon - 11 March 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back