Game Day NAB3: GCS vs Adelaide @ Metricon - 11 March 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude guys, not watching the game but was just wondering if both sides are full strength or not? GC look to have had a few shots at goal so far.

80% plus humidity.
Calm the farm everyone:cool:

Agreed. We're not playing the conditions well. Defence good. Enough entries, but forward play in the conditions is terrible! Normally it doesn't matter if we don't mark them, but tonight we're not knocking and sharking as usual: Eddie is definitely not one-touch tonight.

Positive McGovern has looked ok. Good tackling

Yep, all this game is about is having a decent crack, gaining some confidence, looking for youngsters to make a bid for selection and testing how the game plan works in different conditions. Not working so well tonight and it gives the coaching staff ample opportunity to tweak it for when it counts. Make no mistake, if this was a minor round game I'd be pissed. But this means nothing.

Crouch, Thommo, CEY and Lyons are all our leading ball winners along with Smith.
Winning the ball isn't even half of a midfield's job.

(Admittedly we've focused almost solely on that task for a very long time now)

Sorry to intrude guys, not watching the game but was just wondering if both sides are full strength or not? GC look to have had a few shots at goal so far.

No we're missing B. Crouch, Cameron, Knight, Atkins (Menzel maybe) and our second KPD Hartigan hasn't left the bench yet

GC missing Ablett, Prestia, Swallow, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a fare bit slower than we usually would be.

We are missing:
Knight
Cameron
Henderson
Brad Crouch
Atkins

So take this game with a grain of salt.

we've both had 18 players on the field to this point if that's what you're asking

It isn't that far away from the season proper. We need to be able to play all conditions. Game plan needs to adjust as required.

Don't get me wrong, it's a trial game. But defending it like this isn't really helpful.
It's Tex, we all know what he's capable of, his form in the pre-season is irrelevant.

Just want to see some more clean football next half. And break even at the contest, midfield didnt do enough at clearances.

I don't think you will see it from either side. The best we can do is adapt to the conditions, just like we will have to do during the season. I think that CEY is handling the conditions well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB3: GCS vs Adelaide @ Metricon - 11 March 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back