Nahas2Waite Phantom Draft 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all

My first attempt at one of these, based largely on my opinion and a few things I've heard around the traps.

1. Carlton Jacob Weightman

Best key defender

2. Brisbane Josh Schache

Best key forward

3. Sydney Josh Dunkley*

*bid placed by Melbourne matched by Sydney

Gun inside mid, handy addition

4. Melbourne Eric Hipwood**

**bid not matched by Adelaide
Another tall to help Hogan

5. Essendon Kieran Collins

Key defender

6. Essendon Ben McKay

Back-up for Collins in a key defensive post

7. Gold Coast Brandon Ah Chee

Electrifying small forward

8. Melbourne Harry McKay

Another tall to help Hogan

9. Carlton Clayton Oliver

Contested ball beast

10. Adelaide Ryan Burton

Risky but a great talent

11. GWS Aaron Francis

Goddard type

12. Carlton Mitchell Hibberd

Rebuild of Carlton's defence

13. Richmond Ben Keays

Forgot what type he is

14. Adelaide Darcy Parish

Small mid and I think he will slide to either here or Brisbane at 38

15. St Kilda Jade Gresham

Milne replacement

16. Hawthorn Mitch Brown

Ready-made key defender to cover Lake's retirement

17. Gold Coast Ben Crocker

Classy forward

18. North Callum Mills***

*** bid not matched by Sydney
Classy mid, Swans apparently keen to keep later picks so I think they'll decline to match

19. Hawthorn Jack Silvagni****

****bid not matched by Carlton
Future replacement for Gunston

20. Carlton Josh Dunkley

Contested ball beast

21. Western Bulldogs Majak Daw

Ready-made ruckman

Good to see someone finally realising Brown is what the Hawks need when Collins simply cannot fill Lake's shoes being 19yo.

Best phantom draft I've seen so far, top work!

proof?

you seem to say a lot with out proof.

If he has so many friends, family and low key of s.a, which it isn't over there. so thats one fact wrong. Also his dad was involved with essendon football club.

"After two years in Adelaide, Gunston became homesick and sought to return to Victoria."

staying in vic talk your smack, no one believes
It was on the news last year, I don't know where to find it. I'm sorry for not having a record of everything ever said on me.

He has 'Extended' family over there, like Aunts, Uncles, Cousins etc. His Dad was temporarily involved with Essendon after he moved to the Hawks.
Me and Jack Gunston disagree with your view on Adelaide, it is much more low key than Melbourne and he finds it peaceful there. But I'm sure you know better.

It was on the news last year, I don't know where to find it. I'm sorry for not having a record of everything ever said on me.

He has 'Extended' family over there, like Aunts, Uncles, Cousins etc. His Dad was temporarily involved with Essendon after he moved to the Hawks.
Me and Jack Gunston disagree with your view on Adelaide, it is much more low key than Melbourne and he finds it peaceful there. But I'm sure you know better.

adelaide don't stop talking about footy. you wouldn't know that because you've never lived there probs fgt

adelaide don't stop talking about footy. you wouldn't know that because you've never lived there probs fgt
Mate, I wasn't talking about how popular Footy is there, more the lifestyle. Melbourne is a loud, business focused place but Jack is more of a country boy which is more suited to Adelaide. How long did you live in Adelaide, out of curiousity?

wow, what a joke. you don't know football

Hemad-starwars.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah okay, I spelt the guy's name wrong. Score one for the grammar nazi. All I'm saying is, Ablett and Scully didn't resign when they were still under contract and we all know what happened there!

That means nothing. Look at all the players who have resigned. Barely no one wants to leave hawthorn, if any.

Maybe one day, one day, maybe, maybe, maybe. A free agent will go to freo. Maybe, Maybe, Maybe

tell people on this thread and see what they say about mitch brown....you probe won't coz ur a troll

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-whole-nine-yards-all-in-here.1115706/page-42
I'm not sure if you realise what troll actually means.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll
troll:
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.

Go back through my comments and you will realise I haven't attacked you or anyone to provoke an argument. I've simply stated my opinion in why I think Brown is a better fit for the Hawks over Collins and I'm in agreement with the phantom drafter. So relax, everyone has their own opinion and just because mine is different to yours doesn't mean I'm having a go at you.

While you're looking through threads on the Hawks board have a look through some of the other old threads that have recently been dug up and you'll see some posters saying we should have drafted Tambling in 2004, that we should've drafted Vardy in 2009, that we shouldn't have hired Clarkson as coach! A couple of those were what the majority felt too. Thank gawd for those who don't follow the opinion of the crowd! All I'm saying is (in my opinion) that the majority may not be right this time.

Who would you personally feel more confident in to stop goals being scored by JJK or Darling on GF day in 2016 if the Hawks lined up against WCE again, Brown or Collins (of course it's not all that likely to happen)? I would prefer a 25yo Brown who's had previous AFL experience at a decent and recently successful club over an inexperienced 19yo playing his first season. Don't you think that it's a little too convenient that the Hawks are expected to take Collins? It's not often that the Hawks pick who they're expected to take at their pick...Hartung and Brad Hill are good examples I reckon.

I'm not sure if you realise what troll actually means.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll
troll:
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.

Go back through my comments and you will realise I haven't attacked you or anyone to provoke an argument. I've simply stated my opinion in why I think Brown is a better fit for the Hawks over Collins and I'm in agreement with the phantom drafter. So relax, everyone has their own opinion and just because mine is different to yours doesn't mean I'm having a go at you.

While you're looking through threads on the Hawks board have a look through some of the other old threads that have recently been dug up and you'll see some posters saying we should have drafted Tambling in 2004, that we should've drafted Vardy in 2009, that we shouldn't have hired Clarkson as coach! A couple of those were what the majority felt too. Thank gawd for those who don't follow the opinion of the crowd! All I'm saying is (in my opinion) that the majority may not be right this time.

Who would you personally feel more confident in to stop goals being scored by JJK or Darling on GF day in 2016 if the Hawks lined up against WCE again, Brown or Collins (of course it's not all that likely to happen)? I would prefer a 25yo Brown who's had previous AFL experience at a decent and recently successful club over an inexperienced 19yo playing his first season. Don't you think that it's a little too convenient that the Hawks are expected to take Collins? It's not often that the Hawks pick who they're expected to take at their pick...Hartung and Brad Hill are good examples I reckon.

Id be more confident with spangher, than mitch brown. Mitch brown overtime he played for geelong was generally below average and a huge disappointment for cats fans. Why do you think the hawks would draft someone who couldn't hold his KP in a team when they needed a KPP. Mitch brown did have a successful venture at geelong.

VFL and AFL is a huge gap. Some players are dominant vfl players and not up to afl standards, this is mitch brown and for example Sam Grimley

Id be more confident with spangher, than mitch brown. Mitch brown overtime he played for geelong was generally below average and a huge disappointment for cats fans. Why do you think the hawks would draft someone who couldn't hold his KP in a team when they needed a KPP. Mitch brown did have a successful venture at geelong.

VFL and AFL is a huge gap. Some players are dominant vfl players and not up to afl standards, this is mitch brown and for example Sam Grimley

On a side note, Fitzpatrick played majority VFL this year too. Now that Hale has retired Ceglar takes his spot in the starting 22. There's no expectation on someone drafted last year (Pittonet) to be back up to Ceglar and McEvoy, that's why Fitzpatrick got brought in.

I think that's the same with Brown. Previous AFL and VFL experience and ready to go like Fitzpatrick when he needs to fill in. Brown got called up by the AFL to fill in for Essendon at the start of the year when all that WADA/ASADA stuff was going on and showed he can perform if needed. Collins didn't because he's not ready to step up.

Precisely, Gunston is a trier but Silvagni gas significantly more class.

Rumours swirling already that Port have prepared a warchest to bring him back home.
upload_2015-11-24_10-3-34.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Nahas2Waite Phantom Draft 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back