Naitanui Will Be AFL's Best

Remove this Banner Ad

What gets me the most is his willingness to take on the game. Not something you see from a lot of guys after only a dozen games. He has a lot of confidence in his ability to take it cleanly out of the ruck and put distance on his opponents.

A couple things that Impressed me tonight:

-He was more willing to take it upon himself to burst away from clearances rather than handball straight away to a team mate.

- There was a passage I think in the third quarter where he positioned himself on the half back line and cut out essendon's attacks forward with a mark and a dropped mark. This is a very very very good sign, Naita is already good enough in contested situations, it's the off ball stuff that he needs to work on now. Tonight showed he is taking some steps towards this. I also noticed he made a few leads asking for the ball from a short pass which is something I hadn't seen him doing much of.

-During his interview with dennis he said he had been watching a lot of polly farmer and some other guy? Anyway I was really suprised the way he talked about this. Ignorance on my behalf perhaps.

Once his kicking/marking skills and off the ball game improves he will literally be unstoppable.

I just hope we give him the midfielders he deserves.

323160_s.gif

323160_s.gif

323243_s.gif

323243_s.gif

323243_s.gif

323243_s.gif

Just so good in a contest, he forces errors just with his presence, and thats not measured on the stats sheet. He looked exhausted out there on a number of times, I don't think he could handle much more TOG just yet.

In a few years time he will have the running capacity of Cox. Wait until that happens to see how good he will become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once his kicking/marking skills and off the ball game improves he will literally be unstoppable.

Things like this get me a bit. Now I'm not saying he is perfect and there is no room for improvement, but the amount of people that say he can't kick is amazing. Last night he did several good kicks on the run under pressure situations including a goal or 2 and that first passage of play which was a pretty good kick to the advantage side of Hansen. Was Hansen not a complete spud he probably would have marked it.

i'm amazed at how quickly his skills have improved..was it the NAB,when commentators and other teams were saying,almost with sarcasm,that he still has a lot to learn about footy(meaning natural talent only gets you so far)..well, he seems to be doing as much,if not more than most other 'proper' footballers,including kicking goals truly..

on the other forum..theres some who are debating how tiresome it is watching nicnat replays...i think they better settle in and get used to it..its only going to get worse (or better) :)

Maybe one of the coaches just said Kennedy to piss off Carlton :p

Naitanui is already easily the crowd favourite at our games, if he kicked one of those goals last night the place actually might have made some noise for once.

Things like this get me a bit. Now I'm not saying he is perfect and there is no room for improvement, but the amount of people that say he can't kick is amazing. Last night he did several good kicks on the run under pressure situations including a goal or 2 and that first passage of play which was a pretty good kick to the advantage side of Hansen. Was Hansen not a complete spud he probably would have marked it.

Rather bizarre comment. Not sure why you would get so uptight over me saying his skills will improve?

Rather bizarre comment. Not sure why you would get so uptight over me saying his skills will improve?

It's not you personally or anything. There just seems to be this idea that he can't kick to save his life. When in actuality he is probably one of our better kicks (though I guess that isn't exactly saying a whole lot atm).

Remove this Banner Ad

Naitanui Will Be AFL's Best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back