Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe will have his pick of clubs & the Saints won't be anywhere near the top of that list.

This reminds me of the Buddy rumor....Right area, wrong club.;)
Fyfe won't be going near the Cawks, either. Why the hell would he? He'd be way better off going to the Saints. I think Fyfe in the Saints midfield in 2018 would make them a very dangerous side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe will have his pick of clubs & the Saints won't be anywhere near the top of that list.

This reminds me of the Buddy rumor....Right area, wrong club.;)

Probably right....Saints can choose how they use their two first round picks and use their salary cap space, probably use those picks and still pick up a player or two might be Fyfe might not.

How are the Hawks going to use their first pick next year?? ;)

Fyfe won't be going near the Cawks, either. Why the hell would he? He'd be way better off going to the Saints. I think Fyfe in the Saints midfield in 2018 would make them a very dangerous side.

Fyfe, O'Meara. Mitchell & ...... I can just see it now....The new fab 4.:D

I mean you did it with Riewoldt. You probably should have let him leave instead of paying him 10% of your salary cap. You paid Roo a mil a year at the start of a rebuild.
Isn't that the better time to pay players overs? I mean we struggled to pay 95% of the cap

I'm not against it, but the people who think we are better off letting Fyfe walk instead of paying him 1.5 mil are absolutely nuts. If we lose Fyfe, The rebuild gains another 2 years at the very least.
Totally agree. Freos approach here should be "here's the login details to our bank account, pay yourself what ever you want and let us know how much we need to report to the AFL"

Freos entire list management strategy and all the deals they did last year are built around fyfe staying

If he leaves it's literally the worst case scenario in their planning

Totally agree. Freos approach here should be "here's the login details to our bank account, pay yourself what ever you want and let us know how much we need to report to the AFL"

Freos entire list management strategy and all the deals they did last year are built around fyfe staying

Exactly! There's a reason clubs are keen to pay him so much money. I just don't see why re-signing a 25/26 year old Fyfe is a bad decision for our club. Literally the complete opposite to what our intentions are.

Think he goes for more than Danger did but picks 3-5 and 10-12 does seem a lot.
Judd and 46 went for 3, 20 and former pick 4 though so that's perhaps a good measuring stick although the FA status probably changes it a touch.
2017 1st, 2018 first and a player seems fair imo, obviously they'd be after the hawks pick but two mid first rounders and fringe player doesn't seem unfair.
All pending on what he does of course, still every chance he stays.

it would be a massive loss but Freo could also set themselves up in the next 2 drafts.

if it come down to trading for Fyfe and the Saints offered Freo their first round pick this year, say pick 10 and next years first round pick say 14, Freo end up with 4 first rounders (thats including 2 of their own) in 2 years and 3 of them most likely in the top 10, thats huge for a re-build.

it would be a massive loss but Freo could also set themselves up in the next 2 drafts.

if it come down to trading for Fyfe and the Saints offered Freo their first round pick this year, say pick 10 and next years first round pick say 14, Freo end up with 4 first rounders (thats including 2 of their own) in 2 years and 3 of them most likely in the top 10, thats huge for a re-build.
We would ask for the lower of your 2 picks this year imo if it were going to be a current and future first round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back