Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

3 points:

1. This article is literally the most bogus this ever. If a board member is leaking information to anyone, let alone Fitzy from 96fm, they would be in breach of confidentiality and liable for some serious punishment.

2. If Fyfe did nominate St. Kilda, their 2 1st round picks become the commodity whether they like it or not. They have them, they're willing to offer him 1.5m so they obviously value him enough to cough up the picks. If they don't, then why offer so much cash? Does anyone really think Bond and Freo will accept anything less? Saint Kilda have tapped up and openly talked about Fyfe for over a year so good luck with trying to keep your picks if you want him.

3. There is literally no scenario where freo don't match the offer. None. That would catastrophic for the club and fanbase if they just rolled over and let him go for unders. Saints have no bargaining power here. Freo have it all.

TLDR Fyfe will resign anyway IMO but if the scenario arose that he didn't, there is one club with the power, and it's not the Saints like their fans think it is.

3 points:

1. This article is literally the most bogus this ever. If a board member is leaking information to anyone, let alone Fitzy from 96fm, they would be in breach of confidentiality and liable for some serious punishment.

2. If Fyfe did nominate St. Kilda, their 2 1st round picks become the commodity whether they like it or not. They have them, they're willing to offer him 1.5m so they obviously value him enough to cough up the picks. If they don't, then why offer so much cash? Does anyone really think Bond and Freo will accept anything less? Saint Kilda have tapped up and openly talked about Fyfe for over a year so good luck with trying to keep your picks if you want him.

3. There is literally no scenario where freo don't match the offer. None. That would catastrophic for the club and fanbase if they just rolled over and let him go for unders. Saints have no bargaining power here. Freo have it all.

TLDR Fyfe will resign anyway IMO but if the scenario arose that he didn't, there is one club with the power, and it's not the Saints like their fans think it is.
you just said all that then you said he'll resign. which one is it :p

3 points:

Unless of course Saints can offer enough that Freo can't match. Then they'd be able to walk away with him. (Obviously a big if but yeah....)

and pretty sure we have bargaining power. We can always go elsewhere with 3 1st rounders to use.

2. If Fyfe did nominate St. Kilda, their 2 1st round picks become the commodity whether they like it or not.
Says who?

They have them, they're willing to offer him 1.5m so they obviously value him enough to cough up the picks.
Maybe they'd prefer not to.

If they don't, then why offer so much cash?
Because they are happy to pay him the money but are perhaps less willing to offer the picks in exchange.

Does anyone really think Bond and Freo will accept anything less?
It's possible.

Saints have no bargaining power here. Freo have it all.
Rubbish.

Freo will have an uncontracted free agent who, if reports are to be believed, is prepared to leave.

If you think that translates to Freo having "all the bargaining power", I'd ask whether you've paid any attention to player movement in the past 20 years. Or is this the first time you've tuned in?

Who had the bargaining power when Judd left WC? Who had the bargaining power when Franklin left Hawthorn? Who had the bargaining power when Dangerfield left Adelaide?

It's completely ahistorical to suggest Freo will be holding the aces should Fyfe ask to leave.

Says who?

Because they are happy to pay him the money but are perhaps less willing to offer the picks in exchange.

It's possible.

Rubbish.

Freo will have an uncontracted free agent who, if reports are to be believed, is prepared to leave.

If you think that translates to Freo having "all the bargaining power", I'd ask whether you've paid any attention to player movement in the past 20 years. Or is this the first time you've tuned in?

Who had the bargaining power when Judd left WC? Who had the bargaining power when Franklin left Hawthorn? Who had the bargaining power when Dangerfield left Adelaide?

It's completely ahistorical to suggest Freo will be holding the aces should Fyfe ask to leave.
Well if we finish below St Kilda on the ladder and we match the offer, what other way does he get to St Kilda? The cats didn't have 2 first round picks, St kilda do. That's where the difference is. Do you think we would be happy to gain a single pick for losing Nat Fyfe?

I think what he is saying is that the Saints would do the following -

Put huge offer to Fyfe
Move first round picks in deals for the likes of Whitfield/Hopper
Go to Freo and say "We don't have those picks so you have to take something else or match the contract"
Sit and wait for someone to blink.
I wouldn't take that sort of shit, you have or had the picks trade for the most important commodity first.

Says who?

It's possible.

Rubbish.

It's completely ahistorical to suggest Freo will be holding the aces should Fyfe ask to leave

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/na...rates-and-whats-worth-reporting-ng-b88461609z

Read this article then come back to me. Fyfe can't just sign with a rival. Hence Freo hold the balance of power. It really is that simple.

Also, Dangerfield is only similar in the fact he was also restricted. He was going home. Only ever to Geelong. Geelong only had $800,000 to offer him. Which in turn forced Adelaide's hand to accept the trade. Freo have the space to match 1.5 (from reports internally) and pretty much any other officer the saints or anyone else could put up. That's the difference. We hold the right to Fyfe, worstcase we match the offer and have another year to convince him to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's one thing finishing below us, but it's another altogether to finish below Hawthorn. You could start tanking now and still finish above them!
I don't think they'll end up finishing last and I just don't see the scenario where Fyfe is so keen to play for you that he enters a draft. Would be snatched up by whoever has the first pick most likely.

It's been on for like a year now lol.

Yeah, but now you'll have fans from the saints telling you he wants to go to them so you should take whatever they offer or they'll get him in the draft :$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$

(Not a dig at saints fans, every clubs supporter bases does it here, even ess fans last year with omeara lol)

I don't think they'll end up finishing last and I just don't see the scenario where Fyfe is so keen to play for you that he enters a draft. Would be snatched up by whoever has the first pick most likely.
I'm not saying it's likely, but it does take away that bargaining power from Freo if we have say pick 3 in the ND and your first is 8 or something.

No one wants to trudge all the way to Seaford & play for mediocrity....LOL
Didn't Jake Carlisle choose us over your very own Hawthorn? The same Hawthorn who's ass he kicked on the weekend?

Pretty sure you guys were also rejected by Ameet Bains the other day as well, but I may be mistaken.

Also a new flash for you, by the time anyone new arrives at our club, we'll be just about ready to move into a brand new, state of the art facility in leafy Moorabbin, just near expensive beachside suburbs like Brighton and Black Rock.

Didn't Jake Carlisle choose us over your very own Hawthorn? The same Hawthorn who's ass he kicked on the weekend?

Pretty sure you guys were also rejected by Ameet Bains the other day as well, but I may be mistaken.

Also a new flash for you, by the time anyone new arrives at our club, we'll be just about ready to move into a brand new, state of the art facility in leafy Moorabbin, just near expensive beachside suburbs like Brighton and Black Rock.

So back from whence you were turfed out....Hope it doesn't happen again....Such stability.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back