NBA 2k10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened again. Critical game against the Pacers, up by 2 going into the last. Coach decides to play Barbosa over J Rich for the ENTIRE quarter, even though he missed 3 consecutive open threes (got doubled down low, kicked it out) and about 5 shots for the quarter. The most frustrating thing is that Granger was playing the 2 spot, and won the game on the back of his 4th quarter shooting. Lost so many close games now because Barbosa is guarding Kobe/Wade/Granger and the like.

I wish there was some direction over late game lineups. Need J Rich out there...

lol got A+ every game in training camp, leader in scoring, rebounding and blocked shots and dominated my match up and was still cut. D-League for Merv Batman then.

47 overall probably did it.

Anyone who ordered the game from CDWOW not had it despatched yet? I ordered mine on the 5th and still on backorder...

yeh mate in the same boat. ordered mine the 6th tho. emailed them today and they got back to me pretty quickly but i gues it was just the stock standard answer of "we have had problems with the distributer, expect it in the next 7-10 days and will ship it as soon as we get it". not sure if it was really worth the $30 saving now

Quite a funny thread this one! :thumbsu:

Picked up 2K10 on the 360 a few days ago and have been learning on the go by jumping straight into an Association with the Blazers on All-Star difficulty.

Had a shocking start going 0-6 to start the season but now finding a bit of form and own my last game and looking to put a few wins together now. Probably shouldn't have gone straight into Association but I'm prepared to live with a dodgy first season and aim for the Playoffs/Finals in the second season.

Been pretty active in the trading room, bringing in Bogut (by moving Oden, perhaps not a great move in hindsight but I thought Bogut would offer more mobility and better mid-range shooting), Ariza, Battier, Chris Anderson and one other I probably can't think of. Love my nucleus of Roy, Outlaw and Alridge and have tried to build a defensive mindset until I land a better point guard than Blake/Bayless.

You guys now have me wanting to try My Player mode, as I haven't touched it yet. Will do so once I feel a bit tired of the Association. :)

Just had a huge OT win against the Lakers, now only half a game outside of the 8th seed. 16 games left in the season, need to finish out strong from here.

Anyone who ordered the game from CDWOW not had it despatched yet? I ordered mine on the 5th and still on backorder...
Yeah. Orded on the 6th. Still backorder

This game frustrates me. I love my player, am currently at the Magics training camp and had 29 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocks in the first game i'm an all around 6'9 PF not sure why but in summer league i could get broadcast view for my player but in training camp only views allowed are all from behind you which is annoying.

In association i started as the grizzlies for a bit of fun, first game lost by about 16 to the wizards then second game lost by 20 to the rockets, yao had 29 and 14. Defense is near impossible, i was a great defender on 2k9, i'm guessing from most peoples comments it takes a while to get used to. The major thing that pisses me off is that the controls arent very responsive and why the **** does your player move around so much even when you dont press anything. Overall tbh i'd rather just play 2k9 hopefully the patch will fix it up

You can fix that. Go to the My Controller menu, then controller settings and turn defensive assist strength down to 0. That slider affects how much the CPU helps you out on defense, and is what causes your player to move around when you dont want him to.

Love the game although if someone could put up some great sliders they have found or done themselves that would be great...

and with Player Tendancies how do you go about changing them..? is it as simple as going to the edit player section..? as someone (think it was funky) was saying a few pages back they have to be adjusted as they are crap straight out of the box...

I have it on 360 so let me know people

Thanks for your help

Cheers
Jacky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the game, although i do have some issues with it. Just little things like my team mates wont pass me the ball on a fast break down the court unless i come to a stop, not being able to skip all the crap at a timeout, having the pop ups with the upcomin scheduale or league scoring leaders still on the screen when play returns and i get scored on because i cannot see the action. Has anyone else noticed any of these? also in the MY Player part of the game which i love mind you, im getting a bit annoyed, i got signed to a 10 day contract for the pistons GREAT, but I hate playing with the pistons, a frontline of ben wallace and wilcox, it sucks. And my coaching is terrible why on earth would he run with a line up of myself a 6'1 pg, gordon sg stuckey sf hamilton at PF and wallace at c we get smashed inside. I just think that after my 10 day contract i should be able to choose my options like the 2k insider suggests but i never get the chance. I dont want to have to play 30 more games with the pistions. Do i even get to choose where i go at the end of the season? Does anyone know what happens at the end of your first season?

not being able to skip all the crap at a timeout
this sh!ts me no end. Just picked up the game last week, haven't had a 2k game since 08 on PS2, now have it on Xbox and am still getting used to the different controls from Live, but i enjoy it... as quoted I hate not being able to skip through the rubbish like you can with Live, and have had difficulty with the sliders and coaching options too, but might have a crack at that tonight. The Myplayer mode is fun though, the one thing that annoys me is getting pinged for 'bad call for pass' or 'bad position' and losing grades on it... the other thing is when yr playing well and upping yr scores that players regularly miss wide open layups after great passes and then a rebound causes a fast break and my opponent scores, giving it a two grade turnaround...

aside from that, fun city. I'm actually looking forward to playing it as soon as I get back from my rec league match tonight.

Well i got 2k10 on PC, but i don't have the draft combine, can you buy it for PC or only 360?

And i can still change my minutes in My Player Mode, got a link on how to change it, and now i put my minutes up to 9 per quarter.

but yeah i played in D league for about 10 games or so then the Bulls offered me a 10 day contract and I was a starter first game and have been ever since.

I am a 6 ft 5 Shooting SG,
And i average 20 pts 6 rebounds and 5 assists a game, but i changed it to 9 minutes like 15 games in or so i think.

But im so sick of the bulls lol, they are so shit, we have lost something like 10 games in a row :/, can you request a trade at all?
And if you can how?

My average is the best out of all the rookies so far into the season

I've played about 30-35 games i think, haven't played the All Star weekend yet.

But yeah can anyone recommend what i should put my sliders too?

I'm not to sure on what to have them so i just left them.

Ha, I thought of doing that, but I wanted to take on someone of my dimensions (6'3", 180 lbs) and see how it went. So far, not well.

I heard someone in here mention Nogsters roster update and player tendencies edit from Operation Sports. I used it last year for 2K9 and it is the bomb. Recommended to all who like sim NBA games.

Anyway, I started a my player career yesterday. I am a white guy (made him look like me) & am a 6'11 face up PF. Think, Dirk, Yi, etc.

I chose Michael Beasley's jump shot and FT shot. Very smooth. I love it.

Breezed through Summer League and most of the drills specific to my guys strength's. Cause I can shoot the three ball Coach played me a lot at SF which was pretty annoying trying to get rebounds. Played some at the 2 as well. Not many 6'11 2's OR 3's in the league :rolleyes:

Went to the Bucks traning camp. Thought to myself they have no decent PF so I am a chance. Got cut after three games.

One of my objectives was to hold my guy to 50% from the floor. Was playing on Melvin Ely who I dominated offensively but he had 1 shot for the game which was a dunk so I blew that objective. Pretty annoying.....I mean 1 shot, c'mon :mad:

Anyway I have played 1 D League game for the Mad Ants. I am like the 11th player in the rotation and only played some scrub minutes at the end of the game cause we got pumped by like 25 points.

I am rated 50. I can really dominate other big guys by using my quickness and jump shot from mid range. My best games was in summer league when I had 23 points, 16 rebounds and 1 block.

I am liking the my player mode a lot. It is bloody addictive too. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back