List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

On the other hand McAdam.... you can have him back.
homer simpson krusty the klown GIF

This is a horrible take
what's your take? you'd have more confidence it was a recruitment for leadership if we didn't get burgess last year, a bizarre addition

seems most likely we have loads of spare cap space and this is the best we can attract and they'll take anything to try to get up the ladder asap rather than address that midfield properly

This trade gets a D from me. We have traded in a 29-year-old who will play in a peripheral position that we should be using to develop young players. If the plan is to replace Murphy with ABN, that D would become a C- but we know this will not happen given how fixated Nicks and his band of losers are on 0 goals Murph.

FAIL
B, if it get rid of Murphy on field and his leadership off field otherwise meh.

what's your take? you'd have more confidence it was a recruitment for leadership if we didn't get burgess last year, a bizarre addition

seems most likely we have loads of spare cap space and this is the best we can attract and they'll take anything to try to get up the ladder asap rather than address that midfield properly
Burgess looks more bizarre now than it did a year ago, because heā€™s turned out to be further below AFL standard than weā€™d thought

Re ANB, if you read down a couple of posts youā€™d see my take. Realistically he wouldnā€™t be on much money so this can only be a good thing, we need actual quality players in his age bracket

I think the fact Melbourne gave him a send off for his last game and this is all happening quite quickly would have to indicate there is already an agreement in place and surely Melbourne wont be asking for much.

Burgess looks more bizarre now than it did a year ago, because heā€™s turned out to be further below AFL standard than weā€™d thought

Re ANB, if you read down a couple of posts youā€™d see my take. Realistically he wouldnā€™t be on much money so this can only be a good thing, we need actual quality players in his age bracket
Didn't Burgess came with the trade of 2nd rounders to get GCS 1st rounder since he was still contracted????

yeah sorry saw that after I posted, I think a little harsh to say a horrible take he'd want to come very cheap!

yeah sorry saw that after I posted, I think a little harsh to say a horrible take he'd want to come very cheap!
I think now heā€™s nominated us specifically, heā€™ll be cheaper than if he was fine with going to Port

Maybe 42 + an F3 gets us a pick in the 30ā€™s that we can use

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think now heā€™s nominated us specifically, heā€™ll be cheaper than if he was fine with going to Port

Maybe 42 + an F3 gets us a pick in the 30ā€™s that we can use
Depends what our list situation is.
Is Keane leaving?
Do we have space for 2 picks, Welsh and Borlase?
Is Borlase being upgraded?

I canā€™t work out where we actually stand.

Depends what our list situation is.
Is Keane leaving?
Do we have space for 2 picks, Welsh and Borlase?
Is Borlase being upgraded?

I canā€™t work out where we actually stand.
I doubt Borlase is upgraded, he can stay a rookie for another two years

If we get ANB and one other trade target (assuming EH, Ned, Gollant, Parnell, Hamill all go), we can likely bring in three picks. If Keane goes, that increases to four possible picks

The more I think about this, the less enthused I am.

I am 100% the opposite.

In 2024 we came 15th. Lachlan Murphy played 17 games. Chayce Jones 16. Sam Berry 18. Ned McHenry 10. James Borlase 10. Will Hamill 7.

This guy was top 10 in Melbournes B&F in their premiership year and will automatically make us better.

The way the winds are blowing it appears he has some family reasons for wanting to come home and Melbourne aren't going to play hard ball. He should be coming cheaply, will instantly upgrade our best 22 and will be one of 5 players on our list to play in a finals win (Walker, Crouch, Smith, Laird).

This is the perfect no risk - all upside situation. It's not a glamorous trade - but could wind up being extremely beneficial to us making the finals in 2025.

No, we wasted those picks on Gibbs and McHenry.
One of the club's all time worst decisions.

Oh, and we recruited Gibbs too which also wasn't great.

I am 100% the opposite.

In 2024 we came 15th. Lachlan Murphy played 17 games. Chayce Jones 16. Sam Berry 18. Ned McHenry 10. James Borlase 10. Will Hamill 7.

This guy was top 10 in Melbournes B&F in their premiership year and will automatically make us better.

The way the winds are blowing it appears he has some family reasons for wanting to come home and Melbourne aren't going to play hard ball. He should be coming cheaply, will instantly upgrade our best 22 and will be one of 5 players on our list to play in a finals win (Walker, Crouch, Smith, Laird).

This is the perfect no risk - all upside situation. It's not a glamorous trade - but could wind up being extremely beneficial to us making the finals in 2025.
Hope im wrong but we will be nowhere near finals in 2025. 1 new player won't help.

Hope im wrong but we will be nowhere near finals in 2025. 1 new player won't help.

We should be.

Over the past two years we have played in 14 games that were decided by 10 points or less.

We won 3 of them.

If we had an in form ANB playing over Murphy these past two seasons - I betcha we win more than 3 of those 14 games.

We should be.

Over the past two years we have played in 14 games that were decided by 10 points or less.

We won 3 of them.

If we had an in form ANB playing over Murphy these past two seasons - I betcha we win more than 3 of those 14 games.

Losing close games is a cultural and coaching issue, not a personnel issues.

We had the players in many of those games to win

Losing close games is a cultural and coaching issue, not a personnel issues.

We had the players in many of those games to win

Huh? How can having bad personnel not correlate to playing bad footy?

But Murphy is a known non-performer in close games and goes missing in the 4th quarter. Replace him with a guy like ABN who is a big game performer (look at his finals record) and we win more than 3 of those games.

Huh? How can having bad personnel not correlate to playing bad footy?

But Murphy is a known non-performer in close games and goes missing in the 4th quarter. Replace him with a guy like ABN who is a big game performer (look at his finals record) and we win more than 3 of those games.

If we took our squad and planted it at Collingwood or maybe even Hawthorn we come away winning the majority of those games.

I'm not convinced the difference between winning and losing close games is one or two players. We're being handicapped elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back