List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I think about this, the less enthused I am.

Yep, I'm with you on this one.

I am 100% the opposite.

In 2024 we came 15th. Lachlan Murphy played 17 games. Chayce Jones 16. Sam Berry 18. Ned McHenry 10. James Borlase 10. Will Hamill 7.

This guy was top 10 in Melbournes B&F in their premiership year and will automatically make us better.

The way the winds are blowing it appears he has some family reasons for wanting to come home and Melbourne aren't going to play hard ball. He should be coming cheaply, will instantly upgrade our best 22 and will be one of 5 players on our list to play in a finals win (Walker, Crouch, Smith, Laird).

This is the perfect no risk - all upside situation. It's not a glamorous trade - but could wind up being extremely beneficial to us making the finals in 2025.

Dees won the flag in what year? A million years ago

McHenry and Murphy aren't a standard for anything. Everyone and everything is better, they're not a comparison point.

All comes down to price but in a good draft year we can't give up much. If Rosas is cheaper then I would prefer him. Literally haven't seen him play but would rather an unknown alternative than over pay on a mature ager.

I DGAF if ANB he is coming home for family reasons, we're not a charity.

If we took our squad and planted it at Collingwood or maybe even Hawthorn we come away winning the majority of those games.

I'm not convinced the difference between winning and losing close games is one or two players.

Its most certainly part of it. Its also coaching. Its also luck.

But the better your players the better you are as a team.

We're being handicapped elsewhere

Agree with that as well. And they are not mutually exclusive.

Dees won the flag in what year? A million years ago

3 years ago. September 2021.

McHenry and Murphy aren't a standard for anything. Everyone and everything is better, they're not a comparison point.

What are you on about?!?!?

They have played a combined 185 games for our club. They are OUR standard.
All comes down to price but in a good draft year we can't give up much. If Rosas is cheaper then I would prefer him. Literally haven't seen him play but would rather an unknown alternative than over pay on a mature ager.

What a great opinion. Reflective of your posting.

I DGAF if ANB he is coming home for family reasons, we're not a charity.

He makes us better. There are about 10 players that considerable games at our club this year that ANB would be a massive upgrade on.

3 years ago. September 2021.

What are you on about?!?!?

They have played a combined 185 games for our club. They are OUR standard.

What a great opinion. Reflective of your posting.

He makes us better. There are about 10 players that considerable games at our club this year that ANB would be a massive upgrade on.

Justifying a player on the basis they're better than Ned and Murphy is irrelevant. Everyone is better than them. Whoever pick 25 is will be an improvement.

What price are you paying? That's what it comes down to

Justifying a player on the basis they're better than Ned and Murphy is irrelevant.

Well its not. Because they are on our team and have played a combined 185 games for the AFC.

Everyone is better than them. Whoever pick 25 is will be an improvement.

What price are you paying? That's what it comes down to

Future 2nd or 3rd I would be perfectly fine with.

Pretty much gave it all to Carlton for Gibbs which was dumb in hindsight
Not asking if you're happy with what you did with them, but it felt like a fair trade?, didn't your list manager Justin Reid say something about Melbourne being fair to deal with. I didn't even mind Taylor's reaction, allowed to be sad about a team mate leaving.

FWIW I will nick off, it's a ADL page not a general chat, just sharing the love about ANB. Oh and I'm still dirty about what AFL did in '23, that wrong decision you guys wore compromised everything.

Will open with the usual I come in peace..

ANB will do heaps for you side IMHO. He is the ultimate professional re training/fitness and preparation standards (usually wins or finishes top 1-3 in our 2k time trials). In game you know exactly what you will get week in/week out - someone who gives 100% both offensively and more importantly defensively. Great 2-way runner as well.

The train of thought re his move back to SA relates to his 1st child. Apparently it was a difficult birth with some resulting post partem health issues. As neither he or his wife have family in Vic he has asked for a trade back home.

Is he the future of your club, at 29, no. Will he help in the short term by teaching your younger players how diligent they should be to get the most out of themselves, for sure.

He is one of those players that most Melbourne fans will miss, and will not be booing when we play you folks.

DL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing close games is a cultural and coaching issue, not a personnel issues.

We had the players in many of those games to win
Yep it’s like we’ve never done Scenario based game style training

We literally just try and fluke close wins without any method other than trying hard

Some of the losses are also due to a 20-30 minute period where we get dominated in midfield

Will open with the usual I come in peace..

ANB will do heaps for you side IMHO. He is the ultimate professional re training/fitness and preparation standards (usually wins or finishes top 1-3 in our 2k time trials). In game you know exactly what you will get week in/week out - someone who gives 100% both offensively and more importantly defensively. Great 2-way runner as well.

The train of thought re his move back to SA relates to his 1st child. Apparently it was a difficult birth with some resulting post partem health issues. As neither he or his wife have family in Vic he has asked for a trade back home.

Is he the future of your club, at 29, no. Will he help in the short term by teaching your younger players how diligent they should be to get the most out of themselves, for sure.

He is one of those players that most Melbourne fans will miss, and will not be booing when we play you folks.

DL.
Don’t worry there were plenty of people negative and blasé about Dawson and Rankine coming before they donned our guernsey

We not going too well so we don’t expect things to work , they occasionally do but just not enough at the moment

I think ANB will be a good addition but we need at least one more experienced trade or FA to make it a successful trade period

Yep it’s like we’ve never done Scenario based game style training

We literally just try and fluke close wins without any method other than trying hard

Some of the losses are also due to a 20-30 minute period where we get dominated in midfield
There was that internal trial the other year (start of 23?) where the A side switched scores with the B side in order to chase down the score. I remember being concerned that the A's seemed to crumble under the added pressure. They failed to score much whilst being scored on and with generally worse skills all around. It was almost like two different teams were playing. Since then there seems to have been very little improvement.

Anyway, I think ANB is an astute pick up considering the "experienced" players we have currently, he comes from a successful side and is a huge step up from Murphy.

There was that internal trial the other year (start of 23?) where the A side switched scores with the B side in order to chase down the score. I remember being concerned that the A's seemed to crumble under the added pressure. They failed to score much whilst being scored on and with generally worse skills all around. It was almost like two different teams were playing. Since then there seems to have been very little improvement.

Anyway, I think ANB is an astute pick up considering the "experienced" players we have currently, he comes from a successful side and is a huge step up from Murphy.
It's hilarious to me that we seem to think ANB replaces Murphy.
He's more likely to replace Rankine than Murphy.
We all know that being a limited footballer himself, Nicks loves the 'tries hard, scrapper'. He will literally turn the side upside down and have Fog playing full back if it means keeping Murphy in the side.

It's hilarious to me that we seem to think ANB replaces Murphy.
He's more likely to replace Rankine than Murphy.
We all know that being a limited footballer himself, Nicks loves the 'tries hard, scrapper'. He will literally turn the side upside down and have Fog playing full back if it means keeping Murphy in the side.
Maffew seems to want a player to play that pressure half-forward, extra man at stoppages role. Murphy’s been that guy for him because there hasn’t really been anyone else that can do it in his opinion, even though in reality he’s a very average pressure player

I still have hope that he sees ANB as a better Murphy, making the latter redundant in the side

I’d agree with that if he didn’t have some really elite athletic traits like his first 10M sprint

He’s also a very powerful kick of the football so doesn’t need many possessions to impact

Has some similar traits that Fog had
Has Welsh even nominated us for father/son ?

That’s a bit boring. Couldn’t you have made up something a little more exciting?
Players have until Monday 13 November to nominate for the draft. Presumably the list lodgement date for F/S nominations would be between then and the draft (20 Nov).

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve always taken notice of this guy as he was mentioned to be an SA lad during the Dees prominent years. I like him, always looks composed and seems to be quite effficient with use of the ball. I recall him being quite useful around goals too.

I’ve always taken notice of this guy as he was mentioned to be an SA lad during the Dees prominent years. I like him, always looks composed and seems to be quite effficient with use of the ball. I recall him being quite useful around goals too.
Do yourself a favour and don't look at who we took just a few picks in front of him in the 2014 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back