List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

You have your opinion, I have mine. I don't think either of us is going to change the other's mind.

I see him as a good midfielder, capable of moments of brilliance, but not consistent enough to be considered elite in that position.
Don't think a good midfielder can be elite, he has proven to be an elite midfielder when he has played so he has been consistent??? From memory, the only game he got shutdown playing in the midfield was against Essendon after the excellent game he played against Carlton the previous week.

The fascinating thing with ANB is he goes against the club's policy of not recruiting anyone born after 1998 (which is fact, from a horse's mouth).
Yes, he makes us better in the short-term (and has ticker - a quality we lack) but at what cost of developing another player in the long-term?
Smacks of desperation from a coach who knows another failed year, and he's unemployed.

The fascinating thing with ANB is he goes against the club's policy of not recruiting anyone born after 1998 (which is fact, from a horse's mouth).
Yes, he makes us better in the short-term (and has ticker - a quality we lack) but at what cost of developing another player in the long-term?
Smacks of desperation from a coach who knows another failed year, and he's unemployed.
Theres a lot to be said for recruiting a guy of his type IMO.

Whether we should be paying a 2nd rounder is another question

Theres a lot to be said for recruiting a guy of his type IMO.

Whether we should be paying a 2nd rounder is another question
Agree on both counts. Rate him. I understand players like him don't drop in the lap often. But interests me that it goes against club policy and the motives for that.

Agree on both counts. Rate him. I understand players like him don't drop in the lap often. But interests me that it goes against club policy and the motives for that.
My guess is without Smith in the 22, Crouch in the last year of a contract and Laird struggling, we need quality experience who can virtually play anywhere.

Plus they probably also figure he's a better bet than Murphy

Rankine is an elite small forward. I'm not convinced at all that he's an elite midfielder. He's a good midfielder - but nowhere near elite in that position.

The only question around whether Izak is an elite mid is how much time his body will allow him to spend in there. In games he was able to play close to full time mid he was absolutely in the elite category.

The games against GWS, Collingwood and Carlton this year and Melbourne last year suggest otherwise. Why do you think King said he would be a top 3 players in the AFL in a few year after watching him play in the midfield this year.
He might become elite, but he's not there yet - hence "in a few years" from King.

He might become elite, but he's not there yet - hence "in a few years" from King.

King thinks that Rankine could join the likes of Sydney’s Isaac Heeney and Collingwood’s Nick Daicos in the top three players in the comp currently as he creates maximum damage from his disposals.

“From that game, the Crows I think have got a guy in two or three weeks … it may even be at the end of this week if he has that performance again,” King said on SEN Mornings.

“In about four weeks’ time, I think we'll be talking about Izak Rankine as a top two or top three player in the comp.”

King thinks that Rankine could join the likes of Sydney’s Isaac Heeney and Collingwood’s Nick Daicos in the top three players in the comp currently as he creates maximum damage from his disposals.

“From that game, the Crows I think have got a guy in two or three weeks … it may even be at the end of this week if he has that performance again,” King said on SEN Mornings.

“In about four weeks’ time, I think we'll be talking about Izak Rankine as a top two or top three player in the comp.”
"I think we will be talking about himin 2-3 weeks". We weren't. It never happened.

Rankine isn't a top-3 player in the comp, and anyone who suggests it would rightly be laughed at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The early round trades are hard to get your head around after watching how the NFL does it. A solid but unspectacular 29 year old (when next season starts) like ANB would likely be around a 7th round pick or swap of picks. Early picks are given so much more weight. Giving up an early 2nd rounder in a super strong draft for a guy who’s never been a match winner and has maybe 3 years left, is ridiculous and anyone involved in that decision should be fired.

The early round trades are hard to get your head around after watching how the NFL does it. A solid but unspectacular 29 year old (when next season starts) like ANB would likely be around a 7th round pick or swap of picks. Early picks are given so much more weight. Giving up an early 2nd rounder in a super strong draft for a guy who’s never been a match winner and has maybe 3 years left, is ridiculous and anyone involved in that decision should be fired.
We aren’t allowed to complain about something that hasn’t happened yet, apparently we need to wait until it does happen so that we can be accused of hindsight.

You can't compare NFL to AFL in this instance.

The talent available to AFL clubs in the draft is pretty bad. Anything after pick 15 isn't really that valuable to be honest.

A pick around 25 for ANB is nothing to criminal.

We aren’t allowed to complain about something that hasn’t happened yet, apparently we need to wait until it does happen so that we can be accused of hindsight.
Are we sure it's pick 25? People on here frequently bag the club for things that don't happen.
Having said that, pick 25 would not surprise with the drongos running our club.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back