Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

So what’s his trade value? Any fanbois want to give an estimate?

time house GIF

Honest question......

Why the hell are we still playing this guy every week?

He can't kick more than 30 metres and has absolute zero weapons to his game. He's like having a really cheap knock off Toby Greene, but with the kicking power and composure of a 10 year kid.

I'm at that stage now where I never want to see him in the tri colours ever again.

Honest question......

Why the hell are we still playing this guy every week?

He can't kick more than 30 metres and has absolute zero weapons to his game. He's like having a really cheap knock off Toby Greene, but with the kicking power and composure of a 10 year kid.

I'm at that stage now where I never want to see him in the tri colours ever again.
Rowie just said why on AA.

He plays the thankless half forward role, no one in the side does it better than him, Rowe and Murphy can't play that role, his role is thankless, and he has the DNA that Nicks wants.

So in other words he tries hard and has good endurance.

He plays the thankless half forward role, no one in the side does it better than him, Rowe and Murphy can't play that role, his role is thankless, and he has the DNA that Nicks wants.

I reckon we could find someone in the SANFL or amateurs with a rookie pick to play that role…

What DNA is that? No talent tryhard. I wonder if Nicks was a similar player and that's why he feels a special kinship to McSpudry.

He doesn't even try hard anymore.
Just cruises and points because he knows he's an auto-in each week.

Ah, the non statistical role that has long been coveted by the AFC but not by any of the other 17 clubs. Folks we are ahead of the game here!

I'd prefer one of those thankless Swans half forwards who cut us up at the weekend, Papley, Heeney, Hayward, Gulden!

Rowie is just pumping up McFlurry to protect the next level of spuds in our forward line, Murphy and ..... Rowe

Something else I've noticed about McFlurry, he often flops onto the top of a group of tackling players, like he's actually doing something useful!

He is about to break the mythical 50 games barrier often cited by "experts" as where players suddenly blossom. McFlurry is contracted for another two! seasons after this so we'll get to see that magical blossoming

Last edited:
I reckon we could find someone in the SANFL or amateurs with a rookie pick to play that role…
I heard there is this kid called Carmichael that could play that ro - ohhh

So Rowe and Murphy don’t try?

Wonderful usage of hindsight ...kudos.

But you keep crying over spilt milk, it won't change anything.
Every chance Bailey Smith and Sam Walsh would be back in Melbourne by now.
Lukosius has hardly turned into the player he was projected to be and it's only just lately Rankine has started to show what he's capable of.

You might even recall I was all over Connor Rozee personally butI still wouldn't have sold the farm...what have Port acheived by selling the farm?

Did Port sell the farm. Polec has been horrible for North and Wingard good but not great for Hawks. Rozee starting to show A grade traits in the middle. I think that was very good work by Port

Hindsight helps of course

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn’t get dropped after his game last week… I don’t know if I want to laugh or cry
One of the reasons I will drag myself to a sports bar today is to watch Ned's game - I know all the FB fans love "how hard he tries" but surely today he is under pressure to play a game to AFL standard to retain his spot???

Currently he is a negative last week he destroyed our momentum last week when he was run down by Blakey who had already been obstructed???

He is below Tex and others in tackles in the forward 50 even though he has hardly missed a game.

Yes he is my new whipping boy but this journey of Ned/Nicks is just painful.

One of the reasons I will drag myself to a sports bar today is to watch Ned's game - I know all the FB fans love "how hard he tries" but surely today he is under pressure to play a game to AFL standard to retain his spot???

Currently he is a negative last week he destroyed our momentum last week when he was run down by Blakey who had already been obstructed???

He is below Tex and others in tackles in the forward 50 even though he has hardly missed a game.

Yes he is my new whipping boy but this journey of Ned/Nicks is just painful.
Ned was 2nd last picked this week. One more bad game and he should be playing sanfl where he deserves to be.

I hope the Ned knocker’s can at least acknowledge his performance tonight xo
Nah, he was still pretty average.

Surprisingly, he found more of the ball than usual but this hurt us as his ball use was very poor. 62% efficiency and 7 turnovers from mostly handballs!

Granted, if Nicks wont drop him after 10 possession 0 goal games, he certainly won't after a 20 possession one.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope the Ned knocker’s can at least acknowledge his performance tonight xo
Ned played his role last and I gave him a tick as played well - because I reward players who do more than expected and I enjoyed the bump. However for a small with no X-factor, his ground ball skills are awful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back