Roast Negative AFC supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

The improvement is a myth.. Last night was exactly how we would have lost the game under Sando. We're 1-4 against potential finalists. The evidence does not support your spin. Refusing to look at that evidence isn't a virtue.

Yet, was last week?

You're using a very small sample size to define a point. Also your argument of potential finalists are flawed seeing every side in this league is a potential finalist. :)

Yet, was last week?

You're using a very small sample size to define a point. Also your argument of potential finalists are flawed seeing every side in this league is a potential finalist. :)

You tell me, what was last week?

Not every time is a potential finalist. The 0-5 fremantle were quite clearly not going to play finals.

DO you think we are better than our ladder position suggests?
The question is should we be better? The answer is yes. We should've beaten hawthorn. 3 goals up 3 minutes out. Wheels have fallen off a bit since then.

Especially for Smith who is so important for us because our key backs can't kick and need to handball or chip to our running backs to set up play. Because our midfield is too slow and incompetent defensively we have to constrict the field to force turnovers rather than do it in the middle of the ground. We've chosen our D50 to do this rather than our F50 to keep a paddock for our own forwards to work in.

Therefore, even moreso with laird out, Smith's confidence implosion since choking that simple pass to Seedsman against Hawks has been a killer for a gameplan that looks to force turnovers in our defensive half and set up scoring opportunities from defense.

That choked pass was mental and he hasn't recovered. Seedsman's choke in front of goal was mental. That's what a lot of us are frustrated with. Not being able to do simple things in big moments. It's been that way for ages. We expect to lose the big moments and then go into head hanging mode.

And that last half of the final quarter last night after Seedsman missed the sitter and Geelong goaled the entire team collectively raised the white flag in front of our biggest ever home crowd and a national TV audience. That's what we serve up. Capitulation. It's all well and good to piss on about not having cattle and simply not being very good and having hard draws but there is literally no excuse for capitulation like that on the national stage in front of your loyal supporters.

You tell me, what was last week?

Not every time is a potential finalist. The 0-5 fremantle were quite clearly not going to play finals.

I'd say last week showed our improvement in ball use in our forward 50 heavily. Would of been a thrashing had it not been for that. (Apologies, didn't answer the question first up). That's not what we've dished up for years.

The beginning of Pykes first test as a coach. We're in a bit of a rut now, we didn't make the most of our form at the start of the season and have lost momentum. If we had a side that i thought, yeah, shit we should be top 4 and contending, i'd be more worried but this year to me is a reset year in a lot of ways.

What we are seeing now are flaws we expected to see 7-8 games ago and flaws that we're always going to present in a post Dangerfield AFC.

Every team is a potential finalist, and are until it becomes mathematically impossible to achieve said feat. It's just not likely Fremantle will ;)

Last edited:
It's a long season, the draw really opens up from here, and I dare say in a month's time, those that are actually being negative will be the ones calling us contenders. I agree about this being a bit of a reset year. But it definitely has a bit of 09 feeling about it.

It's a long season, the draw really opens up from here, and I dare say in a month's time, those that are actually being negative will be the ones calling us contenders. I agree about this being a bit of a reset year. But it definitely has a bit of 09 feeling about it.
You're not going to be a genuine contender with our midfield hence the reason we need to be super aggressive this off season.

You're not going to be a genuine contender with our midfield hence the reason we need to be super aggressive this off season.

I agree, with have the ingredients for a great midfield but we are lacking some cream on top of the cake. We could be just two players away from being a genuine contender. A good genuine 3rd tall backman and a genuine classy midfielder in the middle. If we got Neale and Hurley I suggest that would make us a serious threat.

Improvement isn't linear. It deviates and is unpredictable. Every club will have their up and downs. Every player will have a dozen good games and then bang - a bad game.

Geelong 2006 season compaired to 2005 and then 2007 and beyond
Hathorne 2008 (2009 dropped to 9th) and then 3 in a row from 2013
GWS beat the Power and Hawks by 80 odd points and then lost to the Dee's in round 1. They will have their up's and downs as well.

Every sport, every team, every player. Improvement is crooked.

Reset year and then the next 3 years will be the GWS onslaught. Oh dear Hawks then the Giants lots to look forward to.
2017 and 18 will probably be our last chances before the GWS 10-peat :cool: I fear that no side will be able to compete with one that has 50 top-ten picks, whether they can keep all of them or not. When you trade out a top-10 pick, you usually get quality.

Reset year and then the next 3 years will be the GWS onslaught. Oh dear Hawks then the Giants lots to look forward to.
I don't think GWS will win any more than 1 flag

Oh I know this post will be bookmarked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am disappointed to say the least in just how many negative comments have appeared on this board after just two poor games. For those playing at home, the Crows have played every top 10 side from last season aside from West Coast where as Geelong have only played 4 top 10 teams, Western Bulldogs have played 4, Hawthorn 5 and North have played only 3 sides. Its been by far the hardest draw by any side in the competition and we have still managed to win 4 games and up until this round been the highest scoring team in the comp. For supporters to all of a sudden start hammering players for poor performances is pathetic. We have had 5 games in a row where our players have been smashed into at the contest by hardened bodies that have played finals. That is bound to take it's toll on a lot of players. We need to sit back and take a deep breath. We have young players in several positions all over the field that are trying to find their feet. Seedsman, McGovern, Lever, B Crouch, M Crouch, Milera, Cameron, Hartigan etc have been outstanding but are bound to be simply tired, sore and flat after a big month of matches. I don't blame them. Our draw opens up soon enough and we can get on a role if we are good enough.
A profiterole ?

aVZgT.gif

at the beginning of the season, with our draw who would have taken 4 and 4( + 3 games we should have won). We have time to regroup and put our mark on this season.

I think people's expectations are too high. New coach, new roles, new players, we are young and lack polish and our midfield is thin. It's amazing how a team can look so good after a win but then lacking so much after a few losses. I think it's a massive positive that we have been super competitive against quality teams, and we should have snatched a couple of those games. But we need time for players and the game plan to mature. It's frustrating as ****, but we are playing the long game.

Look at Port supporters after their meltdown today. Losing is not a good feeling, no matter who you go for.

That Hawthorn game hurt our confidence I have no doubt about it, probably would have been 6-2 if we won that game and truly that would have been a remarkable start to the season giving that many only expected us to win 1 or 2 of those first 8 games. But hopefully the guys will regroup soon and get back to the style of play they had in the first 5 rounds of the season. They better next week, no excuses.

I think the so called " negative" posters here do nothing more than call a spade a spade, call it as they see it and don't sugar coat it.

If we do something well they will also call it.

It's an opinion forum and so all posts should be welcomed as they are one persons view, no less or more valid than anyone else.

I think the so called " negative" posters here do nothing more than call a spade a spade, call it as they see it and don't sugar coat it.

If we do something well they will also call it.

It's an opinion forum and so all posts should be welcomed as they are one persons view, no less or more valid than anyone else.

I have no problem with calling a spade a spade. However the meltdown after the Geelong game was totally out of proportion and really unwarranted and totally unjustified. So post away!

I think people's expectations are too high. New coach, new roles, new players, we are young and lack polish and our midfield is thin. It's amazing how a team can look so good after a win but then lacking so much after a few losses. I think it's a massive positive that we have been super competitive against quality teams, and we should have snatched a couple of those games. But we need time for players and the game plan to mature. It's frustrating as ****, but we are playing the long game.
Ever queued up at DisneyWorld ......you wait and wait, & just when you have hope by getting to the gate ....they open the gate to expose another queue ......you never feel you'll get to the end & you certainly don't want to repeat the ride again

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Negative AFC supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back