NEVER again will i buy a membership for this club until...

Remove this Banner Ad

I do agree with this thread for a start. Blind Freedy knew that Cousins was on the gear for 5 t0 6 years and the club did **** all. Now when its spiraling out of control they take a stance. They should have dealt with the issue when it first started. For that they are to blame.

As for Cousins he deserves to GO I have lost total and utter respect for him and dont want him any where near our beloved club. He has drug the eagles Brand name through the dirt.

We have 40 players on our list of which all our decent law abiding people and Cousins goes and runs a amok. Sorry at 29 YES 29 years of age you should know better. Using Mainy's death as an excuse is crap. I have lost close freinds in bad situations and dealt with it without turning to drugs.

They should have dealt with the issue when it first started. For that they are to blame.

Sorry at 29 YES 29 years of age you should know better. Using Mainy's death as an excuse is crap. I have lost close freinds in bad situations and dealt with it without turning to drugs.

Your argument is all over the place

And the West Coast Eagles Football Club should be run like an American style Boot Camp in your eyes....

That is the only way the Club could have total responsibilty for what they eat/drink/sh*t, and then tyou could spout off about them being responsible.:rolleyes:

Even if he HAS been doing drugs for the past 5 or so years...it still means he was over 21 and thus legally responsible for his own actions. Are you going to blame your employer if you go out and get smashed every weekend?

Grow up...and pass your membership on to someone who wants to see a great team in action.

PS I sent my renewal off yesterday :)

I am based in Melbourne, but travel to perth most weekends to watch the boys play, however I wont be renewing my membership next year, so one more perth membership and captain club membership space is now made available!

Don't really want to elaborate on my reasons other than anyone who thinks getting rid of Cuz will solve all problems is extremely naive, the drug culture runs so much deeper. I would support the sacking of Fletcher and have Kerr on his last warning as well.

I would much prefer to see our team finishing 16th on the ladder and playing for the jumper, rather than a team built on raw talent that feel like they don't need to train and put in the hours to get the best out of themselves. Many people bagged RoJo but at least he had passion and always put the clubs interest first.

I am just sick of SOME of the naive Eagles supporters who don't think the problem runs deeper than Cousins and that the Eagles can turn their reputation around in the short term.

The Eagles brand will be smeared for at leat the next 10years and unfortunately to outsiders our premiership in 2006 will alwaysbe tainted.

But don't you give me the "your not a real supporte" line, I travel every all across the country every week to see them play.

I won't be renewing IF he is suspended.

Seriously, let the man play football. It's what he does best.

This is turning into a Britney Spears style media-driven witch hunt. It is sick.
Seriously you don't know how childish and immature that sounds. The guy has got a drug problem which everyone knows about and all he needs is to get himself some help. So if he gets suspended and the eagles do really well next year you are going to have egg on your face.
Grow up

I am just sick of SOME of the naive Eagles supporters who don't think the problem runs deeper than Cousins and that the Eagles can turn their reputation around in the short term.

The Eagles brand will be smeared for at leat the next 10years and unfortunately to outsiders our premiership in 2006 will alwaysbe tainted.

But don't you give me the "your not a real supporte" line, I travel every all across the country every week to see them play.

Im not naive silly, just not going to throw the towel in and will always support the team no matter what. Its not like they are deliberately doing all this and are corrupt they just needed to handle the situations better which I think they have learnt from now. Its unfortunately most of the problems became very public and exposed like they did which made it hard to deal with and it would be silly to suggest they are the only club with problems just (like I said) the only one for them to become so very public.

Hmmm that's the best I could do at explaining it:)

Not like they are deliberately doing this?? Huh, sorry so Cousins is being forced to take drugs and Kerr was forced to abuse the taxi driver and Fletcher was forced to do whatever he did in Las Vegas.

Bottom line is most of these players are irresponsible and don't learn from their mistakes. The players know the ramifications of being league footballers and that they are always targets out in the public, especially in WA.

I agree we are not the only club that has a drug issue, but the fact is we have a drug issue and its clear the club needs to get on the front foot to address it rather than reactive when such an incident like tuesday arrest's occurs.

Not like they are deliberately doing this?? Huh, sorry so Cousins is being forced to take drugs and Kerr was forced to abuse the taxi driver and Fletcher was forced to do whatever he did in Las Vegas.

Bottom line is most of these players are irresponsible and don't learn from their mistakes. The players know the ramifications of being league footballers and that they are always targets out in the public, especially in WA.

I agree we are not the only club that has a drug issue, but the fact is we have a drug issue and its clear the club needs to get on the front foot to address it rather than reactive when such an incident like tuesday arrest's occurs.

I'm pleased to read some common sense. Was beginning to think that we were living in disneyland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, your principles - if rumour is correct - will mean that you won't be financially supporting your club next season?

I have financially supported my club for 32 consecutive years and I will continue to do so. I was just making a point to the person that told the guy he wasn't buying a membership next year, that the club won't miss his $300. It wouldn't make a difference if the guy's membership was $1 or $1000. It's his beliefs and he is standing by them. Why pick an argument when there really isn't one to pick?

Great all the bandwagoners and hangers on are jumping ship maybe the thousands of young people on the waiting list will be finally be able to get a membership

Remove this Banner Ad

NEVER again will i buy a membership for this club until...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back