Opinion New adidas kit

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it!

Don't get why so many are against the new back design. Shows the stripes, and the white box (tradition or not) always gave me the impression of some sort of amateurish after thought where upon designing the guernsey with stripes all down the back they realised "oh crap, you can't see the numbers on top of the stripes... just smack a white box over it and put the numbers in it". Whatever the real case for the white box was I'm glad it's gone. The whole design seems far more unified now.

105004_BROWN_NUMBERS_X2a1.jpg

I dislike it even more now, having seen the numbers on the back. I never liked the guernseys in the early 2000s up until the white square was brought back and I still don't like it.

I dislike it even more now, having seen the numbers on the back. I never liked the guernseys in the early 2000s up until the white square was brought back and I still don't like it.
Wow, that's ugly :thumbsdown:

Is it the stripes on the back, or just no white square that you hate, or both?

Dixie, that's definitely gold.

So far so good - I prefer the white panel removed.

The adidas 3 stripes on the back is interesting - some photos have it, some don't. I will be surprised if it is approved by the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that '3' smaller than the '2'?

I think someone's just stuck on the iinet logo and numbers to give us an idea. Neither look to be properly printed on the guernsey.

Oh and isn't the stripe in the middle at the top supposed to be the adidas tri stripe?

Yeah, well they've shown us three different types so it is confusing.

There's the one posted above and then there's:

201802_ADIDAS_HOME_GUERNSEY_GIBSON_BACK_02.jpg

With the three small stripes in the middle at the top.

And without:

121107_smith_adidas_new2.jpg

On the video, Hodge's jumper has the three stripes in the middle at the top, so I assume that's the official one.

I would actually like to have the 3 stripes at the top and bottom of the back, i think that would look really good and break it up a bit.

Not sure how i feel about the embossed logo though, depends how prominant it is. I want it very light like the premiership years on our '08 premier guernsey, but i have a feeling this one will be more noticeable

Both really.

I don't know why, I've just never liked the gold back. The white square looks great for me, my favourite bit about our jumper for me.

And the stripes on the back just look... odd.

The lack of the white square. Having a "gold" back reminds me too much of times when Hawthorn was rubbish.

The lack of the white square. Having a "gold" back reminds me too much of times when Hawthorn was rubbish.

Ahh the Harford, Nugent, Barlow, Lekkas, Hassall, Woods, Cooper, Stevenson et al years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion New adidas kit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back