Opinion New adidas kit

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 6728 Something I quickly threw together. Doesn't look too bad

Was very iffy about the new design until you put it together like that Nev. Not as bad as I first thought it would be, but I must admit I'm in the 'white box on back' camp. Who knows, over time I may grow to like the new guernsey more and more. Time will tell.

i'm very much against the new design. i think above all, it simply looks amateurish. don't forget, hawthorn are trying to be one of the big players in the AFL, and i really don't think this design does us any favours. yes, it's distinctive, but not good distinctive. and our old one was disctinctive too, don't forget!

i just have this horrible feeling that the hawthorn football club have bent over for the wishes of either adidas or iinet against their better judgement. there is NO WAY this was done for the members/fans; if this were the case we probably would have heard something about this and not have had it rushed passed us.

Unfortunately the images posted on here via the HFC website are all from samples, no sublimated brown numbers and iinet as they weren't signed as a sponsor when the samples were produced, so the imagery does not reflect the true finished item. Having seen all items my view is the design, materials, style are excellent and a significant improvement on the PUMA product. The Hawk logo on the front is like a pressed image, very subtle and again a great addition. The adidas gold is a deeper gold than PUMA.

The actual real mccoy doesn't arrive until early December.....then a more detailed range of images will be available.

For those who believe that adidas have driven this new range that's partly correct as they are the designers, but they work to a brief put forward by the Club and it's the Club who signs off on the final product. Also the 3 stripes at the top middle were not approved by the AFL, so that's a solid brown stripe.

Once the complete range is available the majority of supporters will be pleased with the range and variation adidas have delivered.

Right now though the imagery provided is a little underwhelming......

Look I get some people may like the white box, personally im not fussed and this new jumper looks fine. but to those out there having a whine that it goes against our history. what are you talking about. First go check our history with jumpers. Our first stripes guernsey did not have a white box, it just had white numbers, and we got rid of the white box and then it came back etc etc. who cares. as long as the stripes are brown and gold im happy:thumbsu:

By saying the gold back reminds you of when Hawthorn was rubbish (and I get what you mean) let's not forget that we also won 7 flags with an all gold back compared to 3 with the white panel. I for one welcome our new gold backed overlords!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately the images posted on here via the HFC website are all from samples, no sublimated brown numbers and iinet as they weren't signed as a sponsor when the samples were produced, so the imagery does not reflect the true finished item. Having seen all items my view is the design, materials, style are excellent and a significant improvement on the PUMA product. The Hawk logo on the front is like a pressed image, very subtle and again a great addition. The adidas gold is a deeper gold than PUMA.

The actual real mccoy doesn't arrive until early December.....then a more detailed range of images will be available.

For those who believe that adidas have driven this new range that's partly correct as they are the designers, but they work to a brief put forward by the Club and it's the Club who signs off on the final product. Also the 3 stripes at the top middle were not approved by the AFL, so that's a solid brown stripe.

Once the complete range is available the majority of supporters will be pleased with the range and variation adidas have delivered.

Right now though the imagery provided is a little underwhelming......

Ah... That's good then, so the II NET will be sublimated? Still won't be sold on the hawk logo until I actually see it but hopefully with the changes you've mentioned I'll get on board.

The predominately brown Away Guernsey is now up on our site - http://shopdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Product&ProductID=30202&OrgID=1742

201812_adidas_2013_away_guernsey_front.jpg

201812_adidas_2013_away_guernsey_back.jpg

I reckon this would look pretty good with white shorts or even brown shorts.

I know there tends to be no rhyme or reason to how away guernseys and clash guernseys are categorised, but I assume we would be wearing these (with either brown or white shorts?) in away matches against;

GWS
Gold Coast
Sydney Swans
North Melbourne
Geelong
Bulldogs Maybe?

Not sure how this solves anything for away matches against Collingwood, Carlton, Melbourne, Essendon, St Kilda, Richmond, Adelaide, Port, West Coast, Fremantle or Brisbane.

Have to say, I have softened in the last couple of days with these new Adidas Guernseys. The Home isn't so bad, and there is a good argument to make that the new home guernsey gives us the best of both worlds (ie we've won our flags with the full gold back and the white panel, so a touch of both can work).

Don't hate them.

I can't wait to see the numbers put on the away jumper. Yellow perhaps? We'll be the laughing stock of the AFL. I don't understand how we can go from a jumper that is so good, to 2 that are so horrifically disastrous, that i don't think i would buy either one at half price, or even 90% off.

The only thing i like about that jumper is the HFC logo at the bottom on the back. Otherwise i see no way it is better than the previous jumper.

How bad is the iinet logo going to look on that? With a white box around it, it will stand out more than anything else on the jumper!

Don't understand why they are having an away jumper.
What's wrong with just the home one and a clash one?

They should focus on goal kicking instead of mucking around with stuff like this.

Something tells me the people who deal with the goal kicking coaching and the people who deal with the guernsey design are possibly in two different departments of the club...

I really don't understand all the consternation. If they made huge, drastic and stupid changes like the Brisbane Lions guernsey back in 2010 then I'd be first on the bandwagon. There are a few variations and it looks mostly the same (the home guernsey that is). The away guernsey will be to raise revenue more than anything (again - fine by me - I like my club being profitable) - and away guernseys are part of the modern football world. My NRL team (Raiders) has a jersey clash with only one team yet we always wear our away jumpers when not playing at home. It doesn't phase me - the guernseys are brown and gold - they feature our sponsors (that's why the give us money) it's not really that big a deal. I know people hate change - but this could have gone much, much worse. Some subtle variations - and a pretty interesting away guernsey (with the HFC crest - love it!). I'll be buying one of each and can't wait to wear them next year.

I know people hate change - but this could have gone much, much worse.

Agree, I think both jumpers look good, was expecting worse, I just don't see the need for the away jumper. I dislike change because I don't want to go down the NRL path and end up with the hotch potch of trendy logos, stripes, patterns they now have. Some games from a distance you can barely tell what teams are playing and which side each player is on.

Agree, I think both jumpers look good, was expecting worse, I just don't see the need for the away jumper. I dislike change because I don't want to go down the NRL path and end up with the hotch potch of trendy logos, stripes, patterns they now have. Some games from a distance you can barely tell what teams are playing and which side each player is on.

Point taken - and some NRL teams are a bit of a joke. Worst offender are the Wests Tigers - because they appease to both sides of the merger it seems almost every year they design a new predominantly orange and black jersey and black and white jersey. Parents of kids who support the tigers must have to take out a new mortgage every season to buy the new kits. So long as we stick with these designs for a while and don't chop and change too much as you said (like bloody Premier League teams do with their away and third strips) then it should be okay. I just hope the brown on the away guernsey is noticeably brown - as I have seen some whiny Tigers fans complaining about it. Mind you they whinge about all things Hawthorn - from non-existent pet memberships to our colours they have got a huge chip on their shoulders. Must be tough when the suburb next door to you has a team that has won 6 flags in the 30 years your team has been mostly irrelevant.

I can't believe I only just realised the stripes were reversed! I look at it and it just reminds me of a brown and gold version of the Collingwood jumper and I want to chunder. I like the home version but can't say I'm as fond as the away

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion New adidas kit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back