Opinion New adidas kit

Remove this Banner Ad

202210_ADIDAS_2013_GOLD_TRAINING_SINGLET.jpg

just saw this on hawksnest, that is bone ugly

I think someone's just stuck on the iinet logo and numbers to give us an idea. Neither look to be properly printed on the guernsey.

Imo it's because of the lack of white square. Looks terrible imo, the numbers just look amateurish.

Lets be honest here, brown and gold/yellow aren't the best colours, and without something to tie it together like the white box), it just looks weird. The fact that the iinet logo is nearly as big as the numbers just makes it even worse.

Looks like a discoloured Collingwood jumper. The old jumper was a proper striped jumper whereas it now looks like a plain gold back with pieces of stripe added on.
The white box as well as the black numbers really brightened up the back of the jumper and is a big loss. Maybe we can still have black numbers

Giant embossed logo is stupid as well. If anything they should have kept the white box and put the embossed logo in it which would have fixed up the only thing that was wrong with the old jumper in that it looked incomplete without numbers.

White box made it a great jumper, really disappointed with the new effort. The embossed logo on the front is a disgusting effort, stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

They say the No.1 jumper is for the fans, as a fan I won't be going near one, I hope that the majority of fans baulk at them, and Hawthorn considers adding the white box back (they won't though as they have no doubt done their 'market research' and think they're on a winner, and they've rushed out and got everything finalised for a November 15 launch). Big fail this one :(

Disappointing. And running a "designer" eye over it, somewhat undercooked as a design. Apart from missing the white panel, it's missing content IMO. No rigour in the integration of the sponsors logos either, unlike other adidas guernseys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a fan of the 'leaked images' I have to admit that the version on the webside with 23 on it looks terrible. Amature effort in putting that together for mine they would have been better off waiting and showing it done properly.

Have to wonder how much these changes from the '12 design were driven by the club and how much was Adidas trying to stamp their brand on things?

Either way its my club that wears these colours, whatever guernsey's they run out in next season belongs to the greatest club in the land, thats the guernsey I believe in and bleed for.

Ahh the Harford, Nugent, Barlow, Lekkas, Hassall, Woods, Cooper, Stevenson et al years.

Don't forget Dunstall, Brereton, Matthews, Mew, Knights, Platten, Crawford and Jarman. Not to mention Collins, Langford and Ayres ;).

Love the gold back, we're the only team in the competition with a predominantly gold jumper, i'm just annoyed that the back isn't ALL gold, not sure what's going on with those little stripes..

Increasingly not a fan of the 'watermark' logo on the front.

:(

With iinet having their logo on the white background, by removing the white box, all it does is make the iinet brand even more prominent, but at the expense of a more even back with the two areas of white and a more pleasing design.

Wonder whether that was part of the deal.

I always thought the white box on the back looked silly. It's like they suddenly realised the design made it impossible to see the numbers properly, so they just slapped handkerchief over it. Brown and gold are unique in the AFL - no other club uses either colour. I'm pleased that the gold is actually gold again (not yellow, which many clubs have) and that the back of the jumper is predominantly gold. I seem to be in the minority here, but oh well. Hopefully the new jumper will grow on the rest of you.

I still don't get the amount of dislike for it. I like the white panel being removed and the numbers matching our colours. Brown and gold are who we are - they have been our colours for almost 100 years and I think the emphasis should be on them - especially when in the Australian sporting landscape the brown and gold colouring are quite unique to a major sporting team. My only small issue is with iinet - wouldn't it make more sense for the iinet lettering to be on the guernsey without the white background. I guess they want it to stand out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion New adidas kit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back