New AFL site (suggestions, complaints and compliments)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: '96 AFL website > '07 AFL website

1. 8 seconds is a pretty crap loading time.

2. I'm 90% certain that my PC and internet connection is better than yours.

3. I'm 99% certain that I am closer to the exchange than you.

4. It still takes a shitload of time for me. Usually 10-12 seconds. Best I have got is 6.
Not as bad as 3min 27sec for me last week on a throttled Optus cable connection (60 kbps). Access is out of the question for dial-up fans.

This is the response a mate of mine got when he asked them when HTML stats would be back on the website:

This is after sldavey originally told us on this thread that HTML stats would be back by the end of April, and later that they would be back by May 10th. So why have you supposedly given up completely on the idea, Sandra? Many of us are very disappointed by this. :mad:

That would be her.

I'm over it now to he honest.

I've been using FanFooty.com.au to get the live DreamTeam scores. I use the GameDayLive for the stats.

Here is a crazy idea, go back to the old format that worked! Who was the bright spark who decided to fix what wasn't broken? This has been an abortion since the minute thay changed the format. Stop telling us to download new software, guess what, we are the customer, we tell you what we want and then if you don't provide it, we go somewhere else or don't use the service. Given that at this stage it is a hit and miss affair to use the site if I was advertising anywhere on there I would be asking for a substantial refund on my advertising dollar, as speaking for myself I just don't bother to go to the AFL site much anymore because it is too hard to use and doesn't work half the time. Also when I do get on there and it is slow and buggers up I subconciously (and conciously) associate Toyota with that, good negative feedback, happy Toyota? And yes, I have downloaded every crap piece of software that I can find. That is part of the reason I use BF more. You are losing your market share AFL, suck it!:p

guys just wanted to add to the thread, Im up in Cairns and running a new Intel Macbook on Internodes ISP. now being brand new it has the latest and supposed best (if you believe Apple) softwear etc there is. Now i have never had the site completley reject me or say its unavailable, but everytime i log on its asks to get a new flash player, it takes a long time to load (longer than Essondons own site) and is generally crap to navigate. Lucky for me i can get most the info i want from bomberland site, Now the NBA and other sports sites in the USA have a similar style site yet i can get on them no worries, loads in a reasonable time. as much as i hate to say it maybe the idiots at AFL/Telstra should follow the lead from the U.S and emulate that style if they want to continue with the current theme. otherwise get the Delorian out crank it up to 88mph and go back to get us a decent site so we can emerse ourselves in the greatest game on earth

just using Safari, when AFL.com loads i cant see the ladder and most items down the Left hand side of the page. Also cant get radio streaming of games through match day live, but i can from the radio station direct, and cont get videos, something about not being bigpond.......figured it was because i didnt have telstra as my ISP

just using Safari, when AFL.com loads i cant see the ladder and most items down the Left hand side of the page. Also cant get radio streaming of games through match day live, but i can from the radio station direct, and cont get videos, something about not being bigpond.......figured it was because i didnt have telstra as my ISP

Yeah i think you have to be a bigpond member to get the videos. Safari wouldnt work on the afl website for me, thats why i switched to firefox. Try firefox and see if there is any difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a suggestion, reduce the amount of pictures/advertising or whatever it is that makes the site so slow. It takes so long to load and often freezes.

Maybe have two options:

1. A flashed out version for people with top notch computers and broadband.

2. A version without videos and so many pictures etc for people with more modest computers.

Nah Firefox is gold! I was a Safari user until the new afl website came out but firefox is beter all round. I think most would agree that it is the best internet program.
I agree Firefox for Mac works better than Safari, but don't kid yourself that it's anywhere near perfect. Here are two screenshots of the afl.com.au front page, the first one using Firefox for Mac,
afl.com.au_Mac.png

this one using IE for Windows.
afl.com.au_WXP.png

Notice anything? Yep - the Mac version is missing a whole menu-bar!

And as far as I am aware, NO Mac user - BigPond member or not, and I am one - can access ANY of the video on afl.com.au AT ALL. I have had this acknowledged in a personal email from the CEO of BigPond, who is a mate from decades ago. No, I won't post his personal email address here. But I have drawn his attention to this forum, so, in the hope that he actually looks at it, post your comments and let him know what you think.

In my opinion (and I'm a Mac consultant), Mac users are totally disenfranchised by afl.com.au and we should RAISE HELL about it. Let BigPond know, let the AFL know, and let Toyota know.

just installed Firefox and now i can see all of the site, now after all that can anyone explain to me why Firefox on a mac works and the defult ( and i assume more prevelent safari) browser dosent work. i have heard the excuse that there arnt enough mac users out there, surely this cant be true??

In safari there isnt the extra menue bar but in firefox there is, i know im a simpleton in the world of computers but surely a complete window licker could fix this or a telstra that hopless

just installed Firefox and now i can see all of the site, now after all that can anyone explain to me why Firefox on a mac works and the defult ( and i assume more prevelent safari) browser dosent work. i have heard the excuse that there arnt enough mac users out there, surely this cant be true??

In safari there isnt the extra menue bar but in firefox there is, i know im a simpleton in the world of computers but surely a complete window licker could fix this or a telstra that hopless

Yes it's true, they cite a lack of users.

Firefox is supported because it's so popular with windows as a browser as well although it took Tel$tra a few weeks to even get to properly support Firefox.

Also their reason why they wont make it compatible with Opera is the same as Safari, not enough people use it to make it fully tested and compatible. :rolleyes:

Yep, Sandy went through all this with Mac.
Its Telstra policy that their customers buy a computer that works with their sites.
Selfish buggers all of ya.

A little birdie pointed out this interesting development.

AFL.COM.AU in blue.

BIGFOOTY.COM in red.

So yeah nah, I would not take at face value the claim that afl.com.au traffic is at an all-time high.

Very interesting but I don't get the graphs source or axis. Can you give us the idiots guide to understanding this?

According to the graph it is a correct statement.

The red line indicates AFL.com.au? Then using a simple device called a ruler would suggest that the red spike in in the 2007 section would indicate ''afl.com.au traffic is at an all time high''

Read what chief says before you read the graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back