News New jumpers for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wore it as their sugar daddy jumper against the Crows. Had the names of the donors on each hoop.

Awesome jumper. The home one, with the shorts, looks how every footy jumper should - Traditional, clean, and original.

Extremely happy to see it implemented. And how often do clubs seriously listen to fans? Especially when it's regarding a major element of a clubs cashflow (ala, a jumper).

It's also a relief that the hoops sit just below the arms. The one worn in 2011 had low positioned hoops, and the effect was totally lost.

Does anyone know what the home socks look like?

The clash kit looks pretty good as well. I like the idea of having a clash top being the reverse of the home version. If I have one gripe, it's that I hate white socks. They look extremely soft and certainly look strange on taller players. With white boots, there's far too much white, and with black boots, they just look awkward. But what can you do?

I'd say the home jumper doesn't have a Robodog because it's identifiable. It's also supposed to be a reconstruction of the classic Bulldogs jumper. I guess it's their way of staying as close to the '54 version as possible.

Absolutely brilliant effort by the Bulldogs. Clean, classy and how a footy jumper should be. What's better is that the clash is just as imposing as the home, imo.

Easily one of the best clashes in the comp now! Imo all clash guernseys should just be recolours or a simple play with the home design

So the Dogs will probably resurrect the dogshead design for a future heritage jumper.

One question: Will the home socks also revert to the traditional style?
Will be a predominately blue version of the socks on this -

Clash%20-%20Wallis%20THUMB.jpg

From what I can tell, the main (if only) difference between the guernsey The Bulldogs wore in Round 13 and the one they'll be wearing next year, is that the hoops are a bit higher up on this new one.

2012 -

scaled.php

Rd 13 -

Screenshot2011-10-08at65305AM.png

So judging by this, the numbers on the back of the guernsey...

will be like this -

Footscray-Heritage-2008.gif

and not like this -

Footscray-Bulldoze-2011.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it a deeper shade of red to the R13. That one looked a lot brighter.

Is it me, or does that Mission logo sit really low?

But who can complain? It's a great jumper and at least the sponsor doesn't cut into the design elements.

Will be a predominately blue version of the socks on this -

Clash%20-%20Wallis%20THUMB.jpg

Wouldn't be convinced unless you've heard otherwise. Their clash socks have always looked like this:

228537.jpg

This will be the back
571247-gillard.jpg

Sponsor looks a bit weird sitting so low. Numbers look a bit odd too. Should be like that heritage jumper posted before from Mero's site. May look better on the field though...

They might be squashed down a little on that picture to make room for the FFC and the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back