News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what has been described to me, the Collingwood jumpers will look like this:
Collingwood-2018.gif
Hnnng dat number panel

From what has been described to me, the Collingwood jumpers will look like this:
Collingwood-2018.gif

Black on White looks marvellous.

Should be at least a 100 year promise if it's the new/old home look.

Collingwood-2018.gif
The visual here is stunning but what do you expect when you rip off Port's number panel design? ;)

Can't wait to see this in action.

I wonder how the white shorts rule will go here!
Surely no side should wear white shorts against this jumper.

I have no issues with both sides wearing coloured shorts (ie black v Royal), but would be crazy to put a side like the Bulldogs or Eagles in white shorts.

Collingwood-2018.gif

Stupid number panel, back design rides too high, shoulder panels that are just there, meaningless crest on jumper, lot to hate about this jumper. Complete cluster**** of an on-field look.

I can get wanting to go back to 4 stripes but can do that without stuffing up the overall look.

i.e. collingwood-kits.png

And for those that are going to say St Kilda have a meaningless crest on our jumper ours is there for a historical reason.

One things for sure is if Collingwood are going to wear that we're going to need a red clash jumper.

Last edited:
Collingwood-2018.gif
This has that real old school feel, when they tried to get an even amount of black and white stripes all around. Don't mind it.

But...

I see all sorts of clash issues now, particularly throwing in Eddie's stubbornness. For instance, what do the Pies wear away to Geelong? Are they keeping their black base jumper as a clash? Or even, what happens when they play Geelong at home? Will the Cats be asked to wear their navy clash kit? Will the Pies accept being told to wear white shorts?

As I see it, I would think commonsense would dictate white shorts to be worn in a lot of home games if this is the Pies' new home jumper. e.g. Port Adelaide in full black with Collingwood in white shorts would work better than Port wearing their white clash (or heaven forbid, their home with whitte shorts). Same deal with Carlton games.

And Collingwood vs North games? Perhaps both sides can just wear their full home kits now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely no side should wear white shorts against this jumper.

I have no issues with both sides wearing coloured shorts (ie black v Royal), but would be crazy to put a side like the Bulldogs or Eagles in white shorts.
This has that real old school feel, when they tried to get an even amount of black and white stripes all around. Don't mind it.

But...

I see all sorts of clash issues now, particularly throwing in Eddie's stubbornness. For instance, what do the Pies wear away to Geelong? Are they keeping their black base jumper as a clash? Or even, what happens when they play Geelong at home? Will the Cats be asked to wear their navy clash kit? Will the Pies accept being told to wear white shorts?

As I see it, I would think commonsense would dictate white shorts to be worn in a lot of home games if this is the Pies' new home jumper. e.g. Port Adelaide in full black with Collingwood in white shorts would work better than Port wearing their white clash (or heaven forbid, their home with whitte shorts). Same deal with Carlton games.

And Collingwood vs North games? Perhaps both sides can just wear their full home kits now?

Come on we all know what Eddie is like and what he'll say and do.

Question is will Gil bow down to him the same way Demetriou used to?

Quick hack job of how I would like the pies' rumoured home to look like:

Untitled.png

But...

Clash.png

Combination of the 2002-2004 away & 2011-2012 clash

So something like this but with black side panels?

pies1.jpg

I would love to see Collingwood go back to this. Away team in white shorts. Black clash jumper with white shorts against the likes of Geelong.

It's going to be a wonderful topic of discussion here about how the clash policy works with that jumper.

No idea what we wear against that. Our clash is probably worse but our home won't be the best either.

It's going to be a wonderful topic of discussion here about how the clash policy works with that jumper.

No idea what we wear against that. Our clash is probably worse but our home won't be the best either.
Hopefully our clash gets replaced with a redbacked crusader instead of the faux-sader we have now which couldn't even get the collar the right colour.

If Collingwood essentially have a jumper that functions as both a light and a dark, I wonder if we'll see the Pies introduce a majority white and a majority black alternate set, ala the Crows?

If Collingwood essentially have a jumper that functions as both a light and a dark, I wonder if we'll see the Pies introduce a majority white and a majority black alternate set, ala the Crows?

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing this again

784519-magpies-clash-jumper.jpg

It barely made any difference in a practical situation though. Probably why it was only worn once.

ALSO, I'm quite excited to have received a tip-off about Geelong's jumpers for next year. Its pretty rare for me to get some inside info that I can share. This is what I've been told:

- Branding reverting to "Cotton On" rather than COAR (as we saw with the AFLW state of origin jumpers);
- Ford logo on the back will be just the Ford wordmark - not the oval logo;
- Clash reverting to the inverse (will they even use it though?);
- T-Shirt pre-season jumper being ditched.

Will be interesting to see what comes to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back