News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The visual here is stunning but what do you expect when you rip off Port's number panel design? ;)

Can't wait to see this in action.
Port's number panel? You mean the one we wore from 1912 to 1985? And without stripes above from 1986 to 2000?

I see all sorts of clash issues now, particularly throwing in Eddie's stubbornness. For instance, what do the Pies wear away to Geelong? Are they keeping their black base jumper as a clash? Or even, what happens when they play Geelong at home? Will the Cats be asked to wear their navy clash kit? Will the Pies accept being told to wear white shorts?

As I see it, I would think commonsense would dictate white shorts to be worn in a lot of home games if this is the Pies' new home jumper. e.g. Port Adelaide in full black with Collingwood in white shorts would work better than Port wearing their white clash (or heaven forbid, their home with whitte shorts). Same deal with Carlton games.
Against Geelong we could just revert to a black number panel and white numbers; if that doesn't provide enough contrast the black stripes could be widened.

Common sense would dictate white shorts more often however Port is permitted to wear black shorts, so consistency would dictate black shorts. Neither common sense or consistency is common within the AFL though, so who the hell knows.

I love that we've gone back to this design though.

Port's number panel? You mean the one we wore from 1912 to 1985? And without stripes above from 1986 to 2000?
Port wore it in 1910. Collingwood stole it in 1912 and next year's jumper is just a relic of that shameful forgery.

Common sense would dictate white shorts more often however Port is permitted to wear black shorts, so consistency would dictate black shorts. Neither common sense or consistency is common within the AFL though, so who the hell knows.
Port's jumper has pretty much zero white on the front, and less than half the back is white. How does that make it common sense to male them wear white shorts?! It's almost twice as black as the potential Collingwood jumper.

Port wore it in 1910. Collingwood stole it in 1912 and next year's jumper is just a relic of that shameful forgery.
Years with black numbers on a white background
Collingwood - 89 (1911 (finals) to 2000)
Port - 75 (hacked and changed between the two until 1953, 1999-09, 2017)
- 2 (highlighted in teal 1997-98)
Years with white numbers on a black background
Collingwood - 17 (2001-2017)
Port - 30 (hacked and changed between the two until 1953, 2010-16)​

And the ultimate forgery

Collingwood
1892 - black and white stripes​

Port
1870 - blue and white
1877 - pink
1884 - magenta and blue
1902 - black and white stripes

Last edited:
Port's jumper has pretty much zero white on the front, and less than half the back is white. How does that make it common sense to male them wear white shorts?! It's almost twice as black as the potential Collingwood jumper.
Where did I say it was common sense to make Port wear white shorts?

Years with black numbers on a white background
Collingwood - 89 (1911 (finals) to 2000)
Port - 75 (hacked and changed between the two until 1953, 1999-09, 2017)
- 2 (highlighted in teal 1997-98)
Years with white numbers on a black background
Collingwood - 17 (2001-2017)
Port - 30 (hacked and changed between the two until 1953, 2010-16)​

And the ultimate forgery

Collingwood
1892 - black and white stripes​

Port
1870 - blue and white
1877 - pink
1884 - magenta and blue
1902 - black and white stripes

The magenta is awesome.

If only clubs today had such vibrant colours. Blue, white, red, black there's not much variation especially with purple and navy getting darker.
images

Where did I say it was common sense to make Port wear white shorts?
About here, the part I quoted before:
If you're saying it'd be common sense for Collingwood to wear white shorts but your basis for thinking they'll be in black is that Port get black shorts then you must think that decision is wrong?

About here, the part I quoted before:

If you're saying it'd be common sense for Collingwood to wear white shorts but your basis for thinking they'll be in black is that Port get black shorts then you must think that decision is wrong?
So, I didn't actually say it and you're making an assumption.

Even with more white there's enough black in our proposed jumper that black shorts would make our kit predominantly dark (or dark enough). The main difference between Port and Collingwood though is what clubs are directed to wear against each side. Essendon for example wear red against Port, but wear their traditional jumper away to us. Should consistency exist in the AFL there wouldn't be a clash between Essendon in red and our proposed jumper/black shorts. However with a lack of consistency common sense would see our proposed jumper paired with white shorts to eliminate the mish mash of white when Essendon invariably rolls out in their traditional jumper away to us. That said with the AFL lacking both common sense and consistency I wouldn't be surprised to see us run out in our proposed jumper/black shorts against Essendon's traditional jumper/white shorts.

In summary

Consistency -
Collingwood black shorts, Essendon red jumper (like they do against Port)
Common sense (given Essendon won't wear red away to us) -
Collingwood white shorts, Essendon traditional jumper/black shorts​

No consistency, no common sense (what we may well see given the AFL's different rules for different clubs) -
Collingwood black shorts, Essendon traditional jumper/white shorts​

Last edited:
Agreed, Carlton has got much to dark. They could do with going back to their lighter navy. Freo'd look better with a lighter purple too, I think.
when is nike pissing off ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Clash reverting to the inverse (will they even use it though?);

I wonder if this is a sign that Collingwood's white is going o happen, as Geelong getting serious about the clash again which for the last 2 years has been simply a jumper to sell in shops for a very high price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back