News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't keep up with updating the OP.. :oops:

Also if mods wanna add stuff please do, cause i'll be taking a break from Bigfooty for a month or two. Cheers

All good mate, I put a new OP in following the same format as the last two years to keep track of everything.

ALSO, I'm quite excited to have received a tip-off about Geelong's jumpers for next year. Its pretty rare for me to get some inside info that I can share. This is what I've been told:

- Branding reverting to "Cotton On" rather than COAR (as we saw with the AFLW state of origin jumpers);
- Ford logo on the back will be just the Ford wordmark - not the oval logo;
- Clash reverting to the inverse (will they even use it though?);
- T-Shirt pre-season jumper being ditched.

Will be interesting to see what comes to fruition.
SPECULATIVE DESIGN

Based on those tips, and my hope they create a preseason design with the cat silhouette it would be nice to see something like this.

upload_2017-10-8_20-8-27.png

From what has been described to me, the Collingwood jumpers will look like this:
Collingwood-2018.gif
I very much wish North had done this, it would have fixed their colour balance problems, saved their home jumper and stopped them looking like they were me-tooing Collingwood's jumper

Ive always liked the blue oval - it fits in well with the hoops and looks like an organic part of the design. Doesn't stand out too much (which is likely why they're changing it).
Ford in white on a blue hoop or blue on a white hoop isn't going to show up much more than in white on a blue oval. Although probably means the text itself can be a little bigger.

Pies need to drop the CFC logo. Sure, it's part of their heritage, but Carlton totally owns that style of logo since the Roys left the comp, and Carlton is the last team Collingwood would want to resemble

Maybe Carlton need to watch with their jumper going into the territory of looking black with white perhaps...

Maybe Carlton need to watch with their jumper going into the territory of looking black with white perhaps...
?
Carlton and Geelong already have navy and white, and I'm pretty sure nobody gets them confused.
Black & white stripes + a CFC monogram vs blackish-navy with a CFC monogram. Hope nobody buys the wrong one at Rebel!

Hoops around the number looks pretty average. No hoops would be cleaner.
Yeah, I can only imagine that it would get pretty busy with two digits on there.

SPECULATIVE DESIGN

Based on those tips, and my hope they create a preseason design with the cat silhouette it would be nice to see something like this.

View attachment 425932

I know it looks different historically speaking but aesthetically I reckon the Ford script without the oval looks miles better.

From what has been described to me, the Collingwood jumpers will look like this:
Collingwood-2018.gif
That looks terrific.

I'm not a fan of the logo, but apart from that I love the design. I've been a long-time advocate of seeing us going back to a predominant white (black stripes) guernsey.

I wonder whether we'll incorporate any pin stripes or not, if such a change does occur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

?
Carlton and Geelong already have navy and white, and I'm pretty sure nobody gets them confused.
Black & white stripes + a CFC monogram vs blackish-navy with a CFC monogram. Hope nobody buys the wrong one at Rebel!

I’m referencing how Carlton’s Navy has become almost black now

That looks terrific.

I'm not a fan of the logo, but apart from that I love the design. I've been a long-time advocate of seeing us going back to a predominant white (black stripes) guernsey.

I wonder whether we'll incorporate any pin stripes or not, if such a change does occur.

Agree re: logo. I don’t get why clubs need them, we don’t. You already know what club it is, one of the reasons why I was happy this season ended was getting rid of the 125 logo, now we have one permanently

I’m referencing how Carlton’s Navy has become almost black now
Yes but using the same or very similar colours doesn't necessarily create a confusion of identity - EG Geelong/Carlton

Carlton doesn't have the rights to all monograms, it's part of Collingwood's heritage and they can do whatever the hell they want with it.
Happy for the Crows to go red with navy wings on next year's clash jumpers too? :p

Carlton doesn't have the rights to all monograms, it's part of Collingwood's heritage and they can do whatever the hell they want with it.
They ditch it cos it looks shit, not cos carlton supporters are pissed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back