News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to be able to report that at my visit to the suns shop the rebrand is done, and we have a great new jumper design, with the best collar around, vibrant colours, and finally we may get some respect from this board and the wider public.

but that is still a dream

Which part is the dream? Gaining respect or the re-brand?

Nib on the back of our jumper, if that counts as a change.
I was thinking of it my from perspective of making the jumpers without logos, but yeah, if you're looking at them with logos, probably only Carlton will wear what they wore last year.

DQLlICuUMAEHjUR.jpg:large

New Carlton cap and tank top.

Last edited:
The main change is the presentation of Hyundai on the front (seen on the guy at the back of the pic). Hope that's not they way they intend on doing it on the back of the jumper.

Virgin Australia won't be an iron-on patch either, of course.
That's how it's appeared on the Lions kits and looked brilliant

The AFL gold should be yellow gold not metallic gold. Annoyed me for a decade.
It's poorly executed. Looks like it's faded or a misprint. First time I saw it I thought it was a printing error.

Plus it's yet another example of a concept directly copied from another code but not implemented well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the point of an AFL logo on a training jumper? Manufacturer right, club logo left, and sponsor across the front.
I was wondering that myself, you never see these outside of training, and the other training stuff like singlets and shorts don't have the AFL logo. I keep comparing AFL stuff to what you see in the EPL and all you get with their training gear is the manufacturer, a club logo and a sponsor over the front somewhere, in the AFL it's almost like logo needs to be shoehorned in somewhere.

What's the point of an AFL logo on a training jumper? Manufacturer right, club logo left, and sponsor across the front.

Commission payment to the AFL.
Might be something to do with the fact it's also a guernsey cut.
ISC training guernseys, just quickly googling, have the logo.
(update: any guernsey training top i've seen has the AFL logo)
While singlets or other variation of training tops do not.

Was in Southland the other day at the AFL store looking at the Swans 2018 guernseys, all that has changed is the collar. Our home guernsey template has barely changed since ISC took over from Puma although we've been through something like 6 away guernseys

Was in Southland the other day at the AFL store looking at the Swans 2018 guernseys, all that has changed is the collar. Our home guernsey template has barely changed since ISC took over from Puma although we've been through something like 6 away guernseys
Your home jumper is instantly recognisable as Sydney, simple and timeless IMO, not sure why you would want it changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back